Hydaelyn Role-Players
How would you change your favourite class/job? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How would you change your favourite class/job? (/showthread.php?tid=10943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How would you change your favourite class/job? - mongi291 - 04-04-2015

Do you feel your favourite class/job is too weak right now? Then tell us how would you change it.
I'd love to change GLA/PLD a bit.

- Increase their MND so Cure heals at least ~600 HP. It would make soloing FATEs and stuff so much easier.
- Sword Oath: Increases damage received by 20%, while increasing damage dealt by 20% and decreasing enmity. (Making it our OT stance. The increase in damage received may seem bad, but considering how much defense we have it isn't as bad as Blood for Blood)
- Spirits Within: Potency is fixed at 300, absorbs 100% of damage dealt as HP. (so we have something at least comparable to Inner Beast)

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - cuideag - 04-04-2015

Lower Shoulder Tackle's cooldown. I want to tackle everything.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Coatleque - 04-04-2015

I would change Sword Oath to be like Cleric Stance where it swaps STR and VIT for the Paladin so that we don't need two sets of accessories. And yes, make the damage increase affect all damage besides auto-attacks.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Kellach Woods - 04-04-2015

Add a non-Defiance Stance to WAR.

Because right now it's super boring to play if you're not MTing.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - mongi291 - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:20 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I would change Sword Oath to be like Cleric Stance where it swaps STR and VIT for the Paladin so that we don't need two sets of accessories.  And yes, make the damage increase affect all damage besides auto-attacks.
I'd rather have the possibility to change gear mid-fight with macros like in FFXI.

/micon "Sword Oath"
/ac "Sword Oath"
/gs change 1

/micon "Shield Oath"
/ac "Shield Oath"
/gs change 2

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Berrod Armstrong - 04-04-2015

Replace the fist weapon model with armbands or gloves or something.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:33 AM)mongi291 Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 10:20 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I would change Sword Oath to be like Cleric Stance where it swaps STR and VIT for the Paladin so that we don't need two sets of accessories.  And yes, make the damage increase affect all damage besides auto-attacks.
I'd rather have the possibility to change gear mid-fight with macros like in FFXI.

/micon "Sword Oath"
/ac "Sword Oath"
/gs change 1

/micon "Shield Oath"
/ac "Shield Oath"
/gs change 2

I don't think they'd let us do that because one could seemingly change classes/jobs in the middle of a fight (like in 1.0). Armory system has its pros and cons. ...they do let us repair in battle, which is nice.

As far as changes I'd want to make, it'd be nice to see more advanced cross-classing. I mainly play SCH and WAR. It'd be really cool to be able to summon Eos or something as a WAR, even if her healing sucked.

(04-04-2015, 10:42 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

/micon "Sword Oath"
/ac "Sword Oath"
/gs change 1

/micon "Shield Oath"
/ac "Shield Oath"
/gs change 2

I don't think they'd let us do that because one could seemingly change classes/jobs in the middle of a fight (like in 1.0). Armory system has its pros and cons. ...they do let us repair in battle, which is nice.

As far as changes I'd want to make, it'd be nice to see more advanced cross-classing. I mainly play SCH and WAR. It'd be really cool to be able to summon Eos or something as a WAR, even if her healing sucked.
You can change gear in duty as long as it doesn't change you to another class/job... Just let us do that in battle.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:44 AM)mongi291 Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 10:42 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

/micon "Sword Oath"
/ac "Sword Oath"
/gs change 1

/micon "Shield Oath"
/ac "Shield Oath"
/gs change 2

You can change gear in duty as long as it doesn't change you to another class/job... Just let us do that in battle.

Oh, I'm fully aware. Spriting bonding parties.

...but needing to do so in really only something tanks would likely benefit from. For the most part, spell damage is calculated the same way to find te potency. It could -almost- be viable for a healer going into Cleric mode, but then the very-defined roles SE has decided we play in would fall apart.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Chris Ganale - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:34 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Replace the fist weapon model with armbands or gloves or something.
Seconded.

Well, I'd be more happy than anything if those roles fell apart. I'd like having more flexibility.

Getting back on topic, PLD and SCH should be able to cross class Esuna. So Brayflox would be doable if there isn't a WAR or a WHM, and SCH could get something better than Leeches.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Enla - 04-04-2015

I want more variety of staves and wands for WHM, particularly wands at the higher levels... The Garuda wand is calling to me... WE WANTS IT PRECIOUUUUUUS. Other than that? WHM is pretty boss already and most of the changes I'd make would make it too OP, such as lowering the cooldown for Benediction or improve Shroud of Saint's MP recovery, so I can't really complain.

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Ralamano - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:34 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Replace the fist weapon model with armbands or gloves or something.

Not to sow any false hope, but this might be looked into in the future. Emperor's New Fists?

(04-04-2015, 11:34 AM)Cylin Wrote: I want more variety of staves and wands for WHM, particularly wands at the higher levels... The Garuda wand is calling to me... WE WANTS IT PRECIOUUUUUUS. Other than that? WHM is pretty boss already and most of the changes I'd make would make it too OP, such as lowering the cooldown for Benediction or improve Shroud of Saint's MP recovery, so I can't really complain.
More MP conservation, Bards aren't always reliable.
WHM: Mage's Ballad?
BRD: fuck u it lowers my dmg :ccc

RE: How would you change your favourite class/job? - Enla - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 11:40 AM)mongi291 Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 11:34 AM)Cylin Wrote: I want more variety of staves and wands for WHM, particularly wands at the higher levels... The Garuda wand is calling to me... WE WANTS IT PRECIOUUUUUUS. Other than that? WHM is pretty boss already and most of the changes I'd make would make it too OP, such as lowering the cooldown for Benediction or improve Shroud of Saint's MP recovery, so I can't really complain.
More MP conservation, Bards aren't always reliable.
WHM: Mage's Ballad?
BRD: fuck u it lowers my dmg :ccc

Dis is true. ): I've gotten the timing down for most of the Raids, save Coil, but it's hairy a lot of the time... I always feel bad for my BRD friends when they come with me too. ;___; Actually, why not just improve BRD DPS, or keep it the same, so that they're more likely to run Mage's Ballad. That would make both casters and BRDs happy.