Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character and the MSQ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your character and the MSQ (/showthread.php?tid=10893)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your character and the MSQ - Aaron - 03-31-2015

OK, let's say your character actually WAS the warrior of light like in the real story, had all the abilities and such, BUT they kept the personality and everything you gave them as they went along.

So, they find out they're the warrior of light. And now, given each characters respective personality's, how would YOUR character go about it?

Would try accept it on the spot? Deny it till the end? Not give a damn?

If they did accept it, would there be a point hey would draw the line and say no more? Would they have given up and let the villian's win? Would they cower and flee at the sight of a primal?

Knowing their IC fighting abilities, even WITH the power of hydaelen would they make it? You're blessing is only as powerful as you make it. 

Fun little thread to discuss how it would happen if your character was made into a movie etc where they were the hero, and how they would take it all or reject it all.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-31-2015

"All according to plan".

And then Franz would try to get back in Garlemald, after single-handedly making the Garlean Republic of Eorzea.

...but not really. He'd probably watch everything and say "not my problem" until someone asked him.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Aaron - 03-31-2015

Lmao.

Aaron would probably do the same thing, but he'd always wound up helping if people pestered him enough.

He'd draw the line at Shiva though, she too fine to hurt.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Enla - 03-31-2015

Honestly I sort of roleplay as I go through the MSQ, wondering what my character would do and how they are different because of the circumstances that brought them there. Roleplaying Enla would just give them a flat expression, wave a hand in front of her eyes, and just sit there ignoring the scions until they either guilt tripped her into being the resident medic or some rough equivalent.
MSQ-equivalent Enla is all the snark without the blindness, but even then it takes a lot just to make her fit within the confines of the story. Simply because the WoL has to be mind-numbingly stupid to even allow some of the events of the story to occur - and that goes true for a good portion of the class quests as well. So honestly... I don't know what might happen. She'd probably get along famously with Thancred, Yda, and Papalymo - less so with the others and definitely not with Minfillia. Though in the case of the latter, that's probably just my personal bias bleeding into my character. I don't think they could drag her back after the events of the Ultima Weapon fight, though she would help Cid with ST because she actually likes him and his crew quite a bit. G'raha would most likely be punched at some point though.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Zyrusticae - 03-31-2015

Well, first of all, T'rahnu's a regular chatterbug, so that'd be a major change right there. She'd be far more snarky than the WoL is in canon, undoubtedly changing how the Scions and other major players would view her.

She wouldn't be able to resist the urge to bite back at Thancred's flirtations. She'll gladly tease him just for kicks, and deny him all the while (but not for good, that's just no fun).

Right from the off, she'd be considerably more powerful than your typical adventurer. She's pretty well-traveled, after all, and has had lots of different teachers to pull from. She'd also gladly take Hydaelyn's blessing and run with it, going on to perform the various feats of daring-do just because she can (and because it's fun). It'd probably get to her head and make her insufferably arrogant ("Oh, you want me to do what? Well, you know, I'm a very busy Scion, my abilities being in such great demand and all...")

She'd likely still follow orders, but that's just because they happen to coincide with her goals. She wants to repent for not being strong enough to save everyone, so she just does whatever she can in whatever fashion she can. She's likely the type to question a lot of orders, which is probably a good quality to have in someone at the upper echelons of some of the most powerful organizations in society (and not so much for a common grunt). I'm not sure where she'd end up after everything is said and done...

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Meena - 04-01-2015

That, pretty much. She'd probably be inconsolable if she were the WoL

Show Content

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Aya - 04-01-2015

Totally checked out.  Looooong time ago.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Merri - 04-01-2015

Well, if Merri were the MSQ Warrior of Light...

Show Content

Merri's an adventurer, through and through. He'd thrive with all the adventure the MSQ WoL encounters.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Val - 04-01-2015

If Val found out he was the Warrior of Light, not a single bit of this would have gotten done.

Ever.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Spethah - 04-01-2015

Dude if Septha was with the Raisin Queen shit would of been hilarious.

"YOU POISONED THE SULTANA!"

Septha looks at her non-existaning arms "I totally did, with these hands. Raisin didn't know what hit her. Bam. Sucker punch."

Queue awkward silence. 

Even then, if Septha was the Warrior of Light she wouldn't be in Ul'dah, she'd be chasing after beast tribes and forcing them to summon another Primal so she can kick it's ass again with a dark flare.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Imo - 04-01-2015

My RP is 99% MSQ-compatible already. Imogene is totally the person to answer to every request with a silent nod.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Gabineaux - 04-01-2015

Crying, clutching the Sultana's portrait. Wondering if Memeli is ok. Shit I can RP that anyways huh?

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Aaron - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 02:22 AM)Val Wrote: If Val found out he was the Warrior of Light, not a single bit of this would have gotten done.

Ever.
Bahahahahaha xD

I can just imagine Val saying "Dragons? Th' fuck I look like fightin dragons you stupid fuck? I ain' got no death wish. Fuck you and your blessing."

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Ryanti - 04-01-2015

Hahaha! It's a funny thing to imagine.

I think Ryanti would be very comfortable with being the Warrior of Light. Not because he's the most adept person for it, mind you. He'd probably be terrible at it.. he's not exactly a devout religious guy. But he would be happy about it, because it would give him comfort knowing that he had an important destiny.

I'd imagine he'd be a hell of a lot less goody two-shoes. He would probably complete the same objectives with a lot more 'grey' if you know what I mean. Some significant figures might of died a lot earlier in the storyline.. (Looking at you, Livia.)

His ambition might have twisted his good intentions along the way, though... he would be a lot more vulnerable to temptation than the stoic, normal WoL is depicted in the game. While he may not of turned evil he probably would of.. did things his own way, or the highway.

Also, if Minfillia were to call him on a Linkpearl and told him he had to come back to Mor Dhona just for her to tell him something she could of told him via Linkpearl he would friggin' split her in half with that fancy sword beam Ascian-slayer thingie.

RE: Your character and the MSQ - Gegenji - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 02:55 AM)Septha Wrote: Dude if Septha was with the Raisin Queen shit would of been hilarious.

"YOU POISONED THE SULTANA!"

While not along the same lines, I was sitting there watching that scene with Gogon (who's a SCH, by the by) and wondering why he couldn't... you know, Leech the poison out of her or something. I figure anyone who plays any IC healer-type would've done SOMETHING instead of sitting there and watching her die.

Really, I would figure ANYONE would've done something than wait until she was basically dead already to get out of that chair. Musta been some hella fast-acting poison. Chachan would've panicked and run out to get help - which might've made framing him a bit harder. Laugh

I still could see him being a better fit for WoL than Gogon, though, for obvious reasons. He really is the dorky, helpful hero.