Hydaelyn Role-Players
Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=10548)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Ildur - 03-11-2015

"That's what anyone would say in your position. Is that D'aijeen behind you?" Ulanan asked, tone dry, tilting her body to one side."Where and when did you find her?"

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Twinflame - 03-11-2015

K'ile paced off to one side, not wanting to stand in between these two groups. He sensed high tensions and kind of hoped he wasn't wrong about that. "He had K'aijeen with him when I ran into them. A pretty violent pair."

"They're going to kill me." K'aijeen pulled on Thal's shirt some more. "We need to run away. They're going to kill me."

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Illira - 03-11-2015

"We cannot kill that which is already dead," Cypress stated, "Violence and death will always follow that Voidsent Necromancer."

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Naunet - 03-11-2015

"Hey, I'm no more or less violent than you, Mister I'm-gonna-make-friends-with-the-Amal'jaa-and-enslave-my-whole-family," Thal shot back. He looked to the lalafell then and added, "Normally I'd be right with you there, but in this case, I'm definitely telling the truth. We gotta get to Ul'dah."

Ulanan shrugged to Thal. "We can walk together towards Drybone. That's the closest settlement." While she said this, she pointed roughly in the direction of the town. "Meanwhile, you can answer what I asked you."

"Eeeeh Drybone isn't exactly the best option." Thal's tail shifted about. "Plus, I want some assurance you two aren't going to go nuts on the kid."

"I'm kind of with the Roegadyn." K'ile said. "I mean, I've known that Voidsent Necromancer for a long time, and the whole death-will-always follow bit sounds pretty accurate."

K'aijeen shook her head and pushed herself against Thal, shivering. "Don't trust them."

"That kid...?" Cypress drew out the short words in a dry manner, "That child has wrought so much destruction. This pleading is nothing more than a mask." Her head turned down towards Ulanan, "You have learned that lesson already, have you not?"

Ulanan replied to that with a frown. And then a snort. "That I should kill before asking questions? No, I haven't learned that."

With one hand lifted above her shoulder, palm facing to the front, she looked at Thal. "Let us see the kid so we can determine if it's a voidsent or not."

"Heh." K'ile found a rock and crouched on it, ears twitching. If these two did intend to start a fight, he wasn't going to stop them.

K'aijeen pulled away from Thal, talking two almost imperceptible steps back. "Don't. Don't. I should run away. I should be running."

"Not gonna help anything, kiddo." Thal reached out to snag her before she could get too far, though he barely held back a grimace at the situation. "Be happy to help you two with whatever, but right now I'm more concerned about the Amal'jaa that are either on our tail or planning an attack on an unsuspecting tribe right now."

"Amal'jaa are not our concern. The girl is. I will not pay for your uncertainty and hesitance again Ulanan," the exposed skin along Cypress' arms began to crack as they did when her aether began to draw to the surface out of emotion or intent. It mattered not which right now, for it was probably a bit of both.

When Thal took hold of K'aijeen, she made a choking screech and kicked against him as though he were trying to pull her into a fire. She heard the Roegadyn's words and sensed the crackling power the woman began to draw on. She'd sensed that before. She'd sensed it when her body had been burned through, right before...

K'aijeen screamed and pried at Thal's grip. "She's going to kill me! She's going to kill me! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"I won't let her, kid." All humor dropped from Thal's voice and expression when he snapped, "You don't care about dozens of lives? Y'here that, right, Mister Amal'jaa-lover? We're trying to help prevent more people from dying, and all everyone cares about is the gods damned people who are already dead."

The screaming made Ulanan place a hand on each of her ears. She looked at Cypress, and then at Thal, with a disgusted frown. "Everyone's trying to play with people's guilt today, I see. Fine. Deal with this on your own, then!" she said in a tone that could be confused with shouting. She dropped her arms and turned away, walking towards the way they had come from. "I'm tired of helping."