Hydaelyn Role-Players
Triple Triad - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Triple Triad (/showthread.php?tid=10304)

Triple Triad - Aduu Avagnar - 02-24-2015

someone made a handy site: still being updated
http://a-realm-reblog.com/arrtt/

RE: Triple Triad - Gegenji - 02-24-2015

So people will be running the Primal fights for cards now too? Good times. Laugh

RE: Triple Triad - Aduu Avagnar - 02-24-2015

some of us already are.... horrible drop rate...

RE: Triple Triad - Seye Qhesu - 02-24-2015

I won a few cards but they're terrible. The horrible days of ff8 are coming back to me.

(02-24-2015, 10:30 AM)Nako Wrote: some of us already are.... horrible drop rate...

I'm not surprised. I bet there's going some completionists tearing their hair out with trying to get those and the ones that randomly drop in dungeons... The one from WoD, especially. Ouch.

EDIT:
Let's make this a bit more lighthearted, though. I'm sure everyone is going to try and make a "best deck" to use when participating in official tournaments and playing against NPCs who have cards to win but... will anyone be making an IC deck? Like, the one their character would use? It might be fun for any card games done ICly.

I could totally see Chachan running Tonberry-Cactuar-Chocobo-Behemoth-Godbert as his five.

I'm just happy with my Urianger! Big Grin 8147 Big Grin

(02-24-2015, 10:39 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 10:30 AM)Nako Wrote: some of us already are.... horrible drop rate...

I'm not surprised. I bet there's going some completionists tearing their hair out with trying to get those and the ones that randomly drop in dungeons... The one from WoD, especially. Ouch.

EDIT:
Let's make this a bit more lighthearted, though. I'm sure everyone is going to try and make a "best deck" to use when participating in official tournaments and playing against NPCs who have cards to win but... will anyone be making an IC deck? Like, the one their character would use? It might be fun for any card games done ICly.

I could totally see Chachan running Tonberry-Cactuar-Chocobo-Behemoth-Godbert as his five.
almost like an... IC tournament? *shameless plug*

RE: Triple Triad - Steel Wolf - 02-24-2015

I need some playtime to know for sure, but I adore the IC decks idea. Problem is whether I'm...
  • Any good
  • Too competitive to focus on an IC deck
  • So emotionally invested in TT to think about an IC deck
  • Not too emotionally invested in Chocobo Racing. XD

(02-24-2015, 10:45 AM)Nako Wrote: almost like an... IC tournament? *shameless plug*

Maaaaaybe. Laugh

Though, if there's actual prizes to be had, then participants would be more likely to build decks to win rather than to fit any sort of theme their character had. IC decks would probably be better suited for minor IC interactions, like a light game between friends over a drink at the Quicksand.

On a related note, with a bit with a stretch you can totally make a Laladeck: Tataru/Momodi/Biggs & Wedge/Papalymo & Ida/Nanamo. And there's also more obvious themes like Primals and Scions and Garleans (if you count Cid as the fifth card) you can play with too. I'd honestly be curious what other sorts of themed decks people could come up with. Or they can just stick to cards they think their character would use (kinda like the What Would Be Your Character's Pokemon Team thread!).

I think I'll dedicate my fifth slot for such an "IC Deck" and save the other four for, you know, decks for when I actually want to win. I see Chachan's actual deck having a very poor track record. XD

RE: Triple Triad - Aduu Avagnar - 02-25-2015

hmm, some of these npc's seem to be time locked.... I swear to god, if it turns into another sightseeing time+weather combo I'm going to flip....