Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question about the wiki - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Question about the wiki (/showthread.php?tid=10273)

Question about the wiki - Seye Qhesu - 02-23-2015

Hello! I spent a few hours last night trying to put in an iframe for the wiki so short stories about Brianna could be read without having to leave the page. All the codes that I know and found did not work. Is the wiki set with an  iframe widget, or will I just have to stick with linking everything?

RE: Question about the wiki - FreelanceWizard - 02-23-2015

We don't allow iframes for security reasons, as they enable various XSS and session hijacking attacks. Unfortunately, you'll have to link the pages.

RE: Question about the wiki - Seye Qhesu - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 12:55 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: We don't allow iframes for security reasons, as they enable various XSS and session hijacking attacks. Unfortunately, you'll have to link the pages.
Alrighty,  thanks for the quick response!

RE: Question about the wiki - Blue - 03-15-2015

I also have a question about the wiki. Is it possible to delete pages? I have recently let one of my characters die IC (will Fantasia/Name Change her into an Au Ra when the time comes), and I don't seem to find a way to take her away from the wiki.

RE: Question about the wiki - Ciel - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 06:53 PM)Blue Wrote: I also have a question about the wiki. Is it possible to delete pages? I have recently let one of my characters die IC (will Fantasia/Name Change her into an Au Ra when the time comes), and I don't seem to find a way to take her away from the wiki.

Just delete all the text on the page to clear it out. Freelance will more than likely see it empty eventually and remove it.

Brianna, you could add tabs to your page and put a story under each tab, if that helps.  I have them set up on mine, if you'd like to take a look at the coding.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Ciel_Wulfe

RE: Question about the wiki - cuideag - 03-15-2015

(02-23-2015, 12:50 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: Hello! I spent a few hours last night trying to put in an iframe for the wiki so short stories about Brianna could be read without having to leave the page. All the codes that I know and found did not work. Is the wiki set with an  iframe widget, or will I just have to stick with linking everything?

I know some folks tuck stories and misc info under spoiler tags. It isn't quite as pretty but it's an option.

EDIT: Tabs too! What a neat idea, Ciel.

RE: Question about the wiki - Aya - 03-15-2015

For a dead character why not wrap things up? Leave the background and anything of interest up.. write a short section about the character's death and make a note of it somewhere obvious in the article's summary.

I can't imagine the value of deleting a dead character's wiki :/

RE: Question about the wiki - FreelanceWizard - 03-15-2015

If you want to delete a page, you can blank it, but I much prefer you then also add "{{delete|some text}}" to the page so it'll appear in a category for pages to be deleted. The some text can be whatever you like, such as "character dead" or what have you. (For you Wikipedians, {{db-g7}} works, too.)

With that said, personally, I'd leave a page for a dead character up and just note that they've perished. That way, it serves as a record of their history and connections to others. However, it's your page, and if you'd rather it be deleted, just follow the directions above and we'll get to it either during RC patrol or during a periodic sweep. Thumbsup

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about the tabs extension. Ciel's page is a really good example of how to use that, if you want to split your page up. I wish it didn't mess up the category layout, but extensions will be extensions. Smile