Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rio Roulette - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Rio Roulette (/showthread.php?tid=1014)

Rio Roulette - Rio Roulette - 04-27-2011

RL Info (if you want):

RL Name: Zachary
RL Age: 17
Timezone: Mountain Standard
RL Gender: Male

--Why do you like to RP?
I love a good story; and RP gives me the ability to live one out as one of the characters. Also, RP makes for great social interaction. I've met some of my best friends through RP. And finally, RP is content that never gets boring and never runs out!

Basic info

--Characters:
Rio Roulette- The daughter of the legendary gambler Marco Roulette; Rio has been brought up on the traditions of her home state of Ul'dah. Now, working out of her father's home in the Platinum Mirage, she aims to create her own fortune.

--Current primary linkshell:
For RP, my only shell at this point in time is Corvus Cinis; which is the the IC shell for the Aes Sedai Tower. I've also got the normal Aes Sedai Tower for OOC.

RP Preferences:
Having a storyline is always nice, but I'm not exactly picky when it comes to RP. RP is RP is RP to me.

--RP style (Casual, moderate, or heavy)?
I prefer a more heavy RP environment, with OOC chat only taking place only in specific linkshells and party chat. Sometimes I've fallen into OOC /say chat when out of the RP environments (cities or during RP), though I'm trying to work that out of my system.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)
I think that a /random type system works best in public RP situations, while an improvised trust-based system works best when RPing with friends. That being said, Rio would probably avoid fighting if she could help it.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)
It would honestly depend on the situation and where I direct my characters. I seriously doubt I'll ever be big on the idea of limb loss though; especially in a game that doesn't have a way anyone know about it at first glance.

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?
Probably not. I usually only kill off characters if I'm leaving a game.

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?
At this point, Rio pretty much flirts with anything that moves, so a romance wouldn't be too much of a stretch. As to how far I'd let it go... well, I guess we'd have to see. Laugh

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)
Rio loves to have a circle of businesses associates and friends. Also, she never misses a chance to associate with those who are treasure hunters and other types of people who want to strike it rich.

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?
Not horribly far away, as I happen to be a fan of Eorzea's lore. I've seen my share of half-demon half-gnome elves and dragon RPers back on WoW thank you very much.~

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?
/say should be IC. OOC can be done in /party and OOC shells. Also, if needed, bracketed OOC talk is always fine in IC shells or in /say if you need it.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?
I'd like to try as many as I can manage. After all, more shells= more RP opportunities!

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)
You can either PM me here on the site, or you can get a hold of me as Rio Roulette in-game.