Hydaelyn Role-Players
New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to stay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to stay (/showthread.php?tid=409)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Kylin - 08-25-2010

SE has officially explained the surplus system on the beta forums. Tanaka apparently got tired of the whining (as per his recent twitter post lol).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=1282738609248161831&page=1">http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=26 ... 831&page=1</a><!-- m -->

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Satrina - 08-25-2010

I think the reduction to 0% is shit. They could have just reduced xp gained to 50% and stopped there and I would be fine with it, granted it doesnt carry over from class to class but only physical level...which I can understand somewhat. They want to keep your P.lvl balanced with your class level.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Asyria - 08-25-2010

"Foreign sites have lots of false rumors. They throw together words and fabricate remarks. Then Japanese sites take this and further [falsify it through] mistranslation. This fatigue point criticism has absolutely nothing to do with the actual [system] and is full of people's own wild ideas." - Tanaka

Bwahahahah, I love this guy.
That's pretty much how I feel every time I hear negative rumors.

I'm amazed that people still don't know the difference between Experience Points, with which your Physical Level goes up, and Skill Points, with which your Class Rank goes up.... It's easy. Xp = Level. Sp = Rank.

Basically what this means is your gonna Physically Level slower the more you play.
You CAN still play just one class as this is about XP not SP.

What this means is that people can't reach the level cap in a matter of days and that those people who do nothing but level like crazy will... not level like crazy.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Noelle - 08-25-2010

Asyria Wrote:"Foreign sites have lots of false rumors. They throw together words and fabricate remarks. Then Japanese sites take this and further [falsify it through] mistranslation. This fatigue point criticism has absolutely nothing to do with the actual [system] and is full of people's own wild ideas." - Tanaka

Bwahahahah, I love this guy.
That's pretty much how I feel every time I hear negative rumors.

I'm amazed that people still don't know the difference between Experience Points, with which your Physical Level goes up, and Skill Points, with which your Class Rank goes up.... It's easy. Xp = Level. Sp = Rank.

Basically what this means is your gonna Physically Level slower the more you play.
You CAN still play just one class as this is about XP not SP.

What this means is that people can't reach the level cap in a matter of days and that those people who do nothing but level like crazy will... not level like crazy.

What you're saying actually makes a whole lot of sense!
And actually I think that sounds great!

at first I thoughi (as I'm sure many others did), that waht all of this stuff was saying meant no progression at all.
But if it's as you say, and it's only levels, while skills can still progress then I see no real problem!

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Aveline - 08-25-2010

It does effect your skill points, however. Like this:

[Image: surplus.jpg]

While your physical experience points may begin to dwindle, the system also starts skimming off skill points, putting them into "surplus." What it does with those is anyone's guess. Like I said in the other forum, I apparently am "surplus rank 4" in pugilist.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Asyria - 08-25-2010

Wut?
That's.. different from what has been explained.
So... we can't even trust official word then? O_O

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Noelle - 08-25-2010

It's a mystery!

I love mysteries! Big Grin

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Vareal - 08-25-2010

So this gives you 8 hours of combat time total per week before shaving off the XP. Does that mean it resets after seven days?

**edit**
I really need to stop speed reading through forums... Yes it does, per the posted thread at ffxiv.zam.com:

Quote:Basically, you will get 100% of exp . skill points within 8 hours. Then the next 7 hours, they will be decreasing slowly till 0% .
The cooldown for this system is a week. After a week, it will get reset.

since your exp is not class based. The reduction of exp % will still not stop decreasing.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Trizzip - 08-25-2010

I RP more than I EXP anyway. As long as I don't hit 'surplus creativity' with my character, I'll be fine and dandy, kekekekeke

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - ArmachiA - 08-25-2010

^ I feel the same way. I have 4 characters to level and I love to RP. This will barely effect me.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - RcknShdw - 08-26-2010

FYI "Fatigue" and Surplus Skill are two different things. "Fatigue" only affects Physical EXP while Surplus only affects skill points. Having said that I really hope the RPC doesn't degrade like certain fansites I've disowned until this all blows over. I never had it abnormally affect me during phase 3 at six hours a day, and I doubt this will adversly affect anyone seriously RPing.

/my two gil Tongue

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Tagyr - 08-26-2010

If anything something like this may encourage activities outside of hunting and leveling such as RP.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - RcknShdw - 08-26-2010

Oh I totally agree and I plan on having so much fun my head will be spinning! But the attitude from "hardcore" gamers is that this system sucks, has already ruined the game, and they've all canceled their preorders *eyeroll* to go back to WoW *even bigger eyeroll*. All because it encourages doing other things in game besides rushing to end game and level cap on one class or getting off your arse and doing something IRL. I see no problem with that especially with MMO addiction becoming very big in the media. Besides like I said, it never really affected me and I found other stuff to do when I became "fatigued" or ran in to Surplus skill.

I also think SE has every right to be pissed about western fansites and media outlets. This game is the product of their sweat, blood, and maybe tears, their child. People are seriously slamming it without proper knowledge and the game isn't even out yet!

Oh well, I totally loved every minute of phase three which means I'll love retail even more Tongue

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Blade - 08-26-2010

RcknShdw Wrote:Oh I totally agree and I plan on having so much fun my head will be spinning! But the attitude from "hardcore" gamers is that this system sucks, has already ruined the game, and they've all canceled their preorders *eyeroll* to go back to WoW *even bigger eyeroll*. All because it encourages doing other things in game besides rushing to end game and level cap on one class or getting off your arse and doing something IRL. I see no problem with that especially with MMO addiction becoming very big in the media. Besides like I said, it never really affected me and I found other stuff to do when I became "fatigued" or ran in to Surplus skill.

I also think SE has every right to be pissed about western fansites and media outlets. This game is the product of their sweat, blood, and maybe tears, their child. People are seriously slamming it without proper knowledge and the game isn't even out yet!

Oh well, I totally loved every minute of phase three which means I'll love retail even more Tongue

It was arguably a horrible PR move and I can guarantee that he isn't thrilled that his twitter post was caught, translated, and posted up for the western audience to see. It is generally a bad call to go out and insult a good chunk of your user base. They will lose sales because of that. It was a dumb, dumb move and was very poorly worded (I speak japanese and its very rudely written).

Especially since, when you read the article, it is an issue that the Japanese players have expressed confusion about, and have, in fact, defended us and our complaints by saying that SE brought this on themselves when they introduced a new system with no explanation. If they didn't think that people were going to sit and debate online about what this new thing is, it was very poorly planned.

And yes, they are putting their sweat, blood, and tears into this. But it isn't something that they are doing out of the goodness of their heart. They are producing a product that we will pay for and subscribe to. And if we are going to pay money for this, our voice should be heard. If they ignore us, that's when we stop paying. That's why WoW won over FFXI in terms of population.

Re: New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to st - Aveline - 08-26-2010

Quote:Especially since, when you read the article, it is an issue that the Japanese players have expressed confusion about, and have, in fact, defended us and our complaints by saying that SE brought this on themselves when they introduced a new system with no explanation. If they didn't think that people were going to sit and debate online about what this new thing is, it was very poorly planned.

Yeah, I think if they had just come out and laid it out clearly for everyone at the beginning, none of this panic would have happened. As it is, I think at maximum I'll be playing for 3 hours a day. With at least one combat job (probably 2), a crafting job, and a gathering job, I am never going to hit that cap, LOL.