Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) (/showthread.php?tid=2436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - GeekOtaku - 11-18-2013

Hello new to FFXIV and am looking for a mentor to help me settle into RP in this game. I love to RP almost anything I do and have some experience with RP table top games. I love telling a story with my character and have fun doing so. I am on the Bulmag server and could use some help as far as learning the lore, and just getting into the RP style of MMO's, maybe help learning the game cause I am new, and even find a good RP group as well. If you want to message me in game my toons name is Geek Otaku and like I said I am on Balmung server thank you have a good day.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Erik Mynhier - 11-20-2013

Server: Balmung
Primary Linkshell: True Connections
Characters: Erik Mynhier
Style of Roleplay: Light to heavy, Tavern/open world, In-game-One on One, Small Groups, specializing in multi-main actors and stories, Intrigue being the stock in trade.
Strongest Skills: Having contact with people throughout the server, I can hook people up.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Salvi - 12-10-2013

Sorted, thank you! Big Grin

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Aldotsk - 02-01-2014

Server: Balmung
Primary Linkshell: N/A
Primary Free Company: Arcadeus
Characters: Ellaria Althene, Anelia Sadowyn
Style of Roleplay: Heavy. Ellaria is a very outgoing and blunt type of character who will give nothing but a worthy advice. She wishes for nothing but a friendly relations with everyone. Anelia is a very lawful good paladin who wants to set up an ideal mind for everyone what is righteous and justified. She is very kind to everyone, but also ruthless to one who commits crime.
Strongest Skills: Basic Lores, and basic information. I am also very helpful if needed regarding dungeons, strategies of fights against bosses or primal. Crafting/FATE/Party assistance is always available to the new members who maybe new to FFXIV.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - CanaanAzure - 04-22-2014

Hi Hi! 
I'm a bit new to rping in the world of FFXIV soooooo I'm kind of looking for a mentor here. I am a very experienced role player, especially in lit. but I always feel a bit awkward and shy about the 'settings' I guess you could say, that I'm not really experienced with-- Well, I'm very experienced with Fantasy Rping but when it comes down to all the lore/history of XIV I feel really awkward since I'm not well experienced. I don't want to just jump right out there and make myself look like an idiot... Not to mention I don't even know where to start. Since I'm pretty person awkward-- Even though my characters may not be, It's still a bit heard for me to just jump into things head first. You know what I mean? 

I like to role play in styles of 1x1 to medium to large groups (as long as everyone's on the same page and doesn't jumble up everything) I can handle different stories going on at once with my character (and I even make sure  to refer to another story while in one unless certain circumstances like it happened in the past of something)

I usually try to long on every day. If you're interested in swooping me up and mentoring me-- You can contact me in-game (Canaan Azure) or message me on here. I dont mind, either way. c:

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Zhavi - 08-05-2014

Ehhh, don't think the OP is kept updated anymore (first poster last logged in June), but I thought I would drop a line in here just in case newbies still browse through the thread. Smile BECAUSE I LIKE HELPING, YAY.

Primary Linkshell: Limsa Lominsa Event Planning
Characters: Zhavi Streetrunner
Style of Roleplay: Heavy immersion, involved plots, strong character development, intrigue, criminal scum doing criminal things
Strongest Skills: Brainstorming, coming up with fun romps to go on, one-on-one rps, helping people find rp.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Sebastian - 08-12-2014

Hello! I'm completely new to roleplaying on FFXIV and it looks like fun, so I want to give it a shot, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do and where to start. I'm not used to roleplaying on MMOs at all, so this is entirely new to me. I'm not sure how active the mentors on the list are, but if you are and are willing to help a newbie in Ul'dah, feel free to send me a message on here on in-game (Faolan Donne).
I do have experience roleplaying on forums and I am a writer, so I at least know the basics of roleplaying and character stuff in general. I have been playing FFXIV on Leviathan for about a year now, so I am already familiar with the game itself as well (and some of the lore, but I never played 1.0 oops). I am still an active player on Leviathan and am part of an FC there, but I decided to start a new character on Balmung because the RP community is larger here (I don't even know if anyone on Levi RPs lol).

I am already in an FC here on Balmung, but they don't really do any roleplaying at all. If you have a linkshell you'd like me to join, that's fine.

Anyway, if you'd like to help a newbie in the FFXIV RP community, feel free to message me!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Faye - 08-12-2014

I'd very much like to offer myself up as a mentor! I don't know if this post is updated anymore, but I'll just leave this here:

Primary Linkshell: Harbingers of Dawn
Characters: Faye Covington, X'unmei Noh, Shadiyah Amari, Aelius Corinthius.
Style of Roleplay: Semi-Para/Para/Multi-Para. Med-heavy. Absolutely all genres!
Strongest Skills: Spelling/grammar, RP etiquette, introductory lore, connections, fleshing out biographies, creating well-rounded, believable, and intriguing characters.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - FreelanceWizard - 08-19-2014

I've unstickied this thread, closed it, and moved it to Making Connections for archival. It was Ellie's initiative and she's stepped away from the RPC for RL reasons. It may still be useful for new players as a resource, but I don't want people to be misled about its status.