Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 3.1 Previews! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 3.1 Previews! (/showthread.php?tid=13963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - TheLastCandle - 10-23-2015

That dungeon gear.

Bloodborne Assassin's Syndicate Fantasy XIV: Electric Boogaloo.

The dungeons look great, though.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - SicketySix - 10-23-2015

Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum looks absolutely amazing.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Kismet - 10-23-2015

I adore the dungeon armor. I like the Void Ark sets, but they mostly feel like somewhat gaudy redesigns of the World of Darkness gear, in my opinion. The dungeon stuff is way more my speed.

And the new dungeon looks gorgeous.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Momo - 10-23-2015

It always is like this with armor and opinions from each person, I think people should look at it more like an overall aesthetic much like the comment a couple posts back about the "Gothic" theme, which wasn't being addressed properly.  Personally, I guess we can call them lazy, but the FFXIV team has been working really hard to bring us a quality expansion, and the number of clothes/armor options we have, is nice in my opinion.  There is a little something for everyone, and for most there are quite a lot of options for each character.

Like some of the armor before, we may see some options to dye it coming later, for now, we have so many gears that I don't even see many people using to their advantage, mind you it seems like some people think their character will be dressed to the nines like a peacock at all times, while I usually view my character changing gear by day/night, terrain, desired mission, and so on, and then have an outfit I wear for general everyday/weekly use.

Since we have acknowledged that we each want armor from another class, I guess I should point out that we also know that armor/glamour is basically endgame here, and particularly for RPers.  This means you will probably need to lvl another class, even if just for glamour, and out of dungeons, which can be tedious, but is well worth it when you can bust out heavy armors IC for something fun to do with your group and to go along with possible background, or character progression in other areas away from your narrower job path.

All that being said, I am not in love with the top hat, and I don't like the color red, so the caster outfit is no good to me, but the healer outfit is nice, and I agree that the tank outfit is really great, so I will try for those, while I enjoy the totally cool looking dungeons and lore we have coming our way soon!  I agree with the statement about the new Void Ark armors being refreshing and cool as well, not to mention my absolute devotion to 24-man raids, so you can be sure to see me there ASAP, for both!  I am kind of excited that I can have my big Amber Choco flying with another passenger on board too!  That will be really awesome, and it will probably be the only choco I think actually looks like it could carry any size without breaking suspension of belief lol.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Kage - 10-23-2015

Dungeons and Developers.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Yoshi-P and crew have just concluded their final checks on the new dungeons coming in Patch 3.1. And when I say they checked them, I mean they got down and dirty into the trenches and went deep into the dungeons themselves.
Introducing the crew of the dungeon deep dive!
Paladin: Lead Designer Takeo Suzuki
Dragoon: Assistant Director Hiroshi Takai
Black mage: Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida
White mage: Project Manager M
[Image: JP20151023_0.jpg]

Instanced dungeons are the type of content that will be experienced by a variety of different players through the Duty Finder, so to ensure proper balance during the final check, instead of having only hardcore battle team members, this special squad was chosen.

â– Pharos Sirius (Hard)â– 
Back to Pharos Sirius!

[Image: JP20151023_04.jpg]

I hear there is a somewhat tricky part along the way, but the team feels that it was balanced perfectly.

[Image: JP20151023_05.jpg]

â– A Moment for a Breatherâ– 
After the intense action found inside of Pharos Sirius (Hard), the team needed a quick break to catch their breath from all the excitement before heading into the next dungeon.
[Image: JP20151023_06.jpg][Image: JP20151023_07.jpg][Image: JP20151023_08.jpg]

â– Saint Mocianne's Arboretumâ– 
The team supposedly had a bit of trouble at first, but it's pretty natural that if it's your first play through every boss will feel strong and you'll wipe...
(Project Manager M assures us it was not the healer's fault!)

[Image: JP20151023_01.jpg]

I guess the initial version of the dungeon was quite difficult because Yoshi-P was getting heated telling the team that this shouldn't be a 4-person raid! However, the dungeon underwent some adjustments afterwards, and ultimately it was balanced just right to be fun.

[Image: JP20151023_03.jpg]

There is going to be a load of information about Patch 3.1 coming this weekend during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXV, so be sure to tune in or read the summary on the forum!
-Camate

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - rainichan - 10-23-2015

I kept flying over the Arboretum after 3.0 dropped and kept hoping we could go inside and my prayers were answered. Plus dat gear. I hope it's soon, give me good news on Sunday, Yoshi-P!

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Blue - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 03:37 PM)Kage Wrote: Dungeons and Developers.

[Image: JP20151023_06.jpg][Image: JP20151023_07.jpg][Image: JP20151023_08.jpg]

!!! Wooo! They finally extended /dance to all races! About time! (I wonder if they're extending them among all genders too? I think the hyur on the first pic is using the Miqo'te Female one, but I'm not 100% sure) That Lalall is definitely using the Miqo'te female dance in the second picture, and midlander female in the third.

Edit: also, I hope they're made persistent. Now, if only they changed their mind on facial expressions too...

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Kellach Woods - 10-24-2015

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Edgar - 10-24-2015

It is Gothic.

Gothic Victorian/Steampunk.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Marisa - 10-25-2015

(10-24-2015, 06:12 PM)Edgar Wrote: It is Gothic.

Perhaps we have different definitions of Gothic. Gothic, to me, pertains to the Holy Roman Empire, and all the things that come with that. Which Ishgard itself reflects very heavily, but which the gearsets largely neglect. 

Gothic and Victorian don't go together super well. It'd be kind of like having a 1930s gangster theme where everyone is a cowboy. Different eras with very different cultures and aesthetics.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Cailean Lockwood - 10-25-2015

If anyone is in doubt what "gothic" means, Google says:

Gothic
ˈɡɒθɪk/
adjective

1. 1.
    relating to the Goths or their extinct language, which belongs to the East Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family. It provides the earliest manuscript evidence of any Germanic language (4th–6th centuries AD).

2. 2.
    of or in the style of architecture prevalent in western Europe in the 12th–16th centuries (and revived in the mid 18th to early 20th centuries), characterized by pointed arches, rib vaults, and flying buttresses, together with large windows and elaborate tracery. English Gothic architecture is divided into Early English, Decorated, and Perpendicular.

And you can read some more on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic

Either case, it is gothic inspired.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Blue - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 05:57 AM)Marisa Wrote:
(10-24-2015, 06:12 PM)Edgar Wrote: It is Gothic.

Perhaps we have different definitions of Gothic. Gothic, to me, pertains to the Holy Roman Empire, and all the things that come with that. Which Ishgard itself reflects very heavily, but which the gearsets largely neglect. 

Gothic and Victorian don't go together super well. It'd be kind of like having a 1930s gangster theme where everyone is a cowboy. Different eras with very different cultures and aesthetics.

Perhaps it is due to different language and culture, but over here in Italy, anything inspired to/derived from the Holy Roman Empire is defined as romantic (from the italian words Roma (Rome) and Antico (Ancient) ). Gothic matches more to what Vachir posted.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Oli! - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 06:21 AM)Vachir Crimsonborn Wrote: If anyone is in doubt what "gothic" means, Google says:

What you just linked is in stark opposition to coats and top-hats.

The architecture used for the expansion is indeed Gothic, but that was already stated. We're talking about the armor.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Cailean Lockwood - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Oli! Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 06:21 AM)Vachir Crimsonborn Wrote: If anyone is in doubt what "gothic" means, Google says:

What you just linked is in stark opposition to coats and top-hats.

The architecture used for the expansion is indeed Gothic, but that was already stated. We're talking about the armor.

There's a link talking about Gothic fashion in the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_fashion

Seems like some of the new armour is inspired from this.

RE: Patch 3.1 Dungeon Preview and "New" Flying Mounts - Oli! - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 03:56 PM)Vachir Crimsonborn Wrote: There's a link talking about Gothic fashion in the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_fashion

Seems like some of the new armour is inspired from this.

Gothic Fashion is a subset of the Goth subculture, which is very heavily detached from the historical period marked by Gothic architecture. Squeenix seems very much aware of this, considering that the Heavensward NPCs in Ishgard wear clothing inspired by that historical period.

So this is still out of left field. If anything, I would say that they've decided to go Full Steampunk at this point, considering that we're now at the cusp of the "Great Sky Age."