Hydaelyn Role-Players
What are Your Character's Colors - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: What are Your Character's Colors (/showthread.php?tid=9220)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Roen - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 03:57 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Anyroad! I'm honestly intrigued by a lot of these answers. A few have delved into the reasons for their colors, a few have simply listed them. Neither is wrong, of course, it's just the color lists set me to wondering. Do you choose those colors because they simply look nice, or is there an underlying meaning to them?

Oops! I edited my original answer to include reasons.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Ha'uruh Nunh - 12-09-2014

Howl is mostly black, gray, and (woad) blue.

Black, well, everything looks good in black.  Gray was a subconscious imitation of Warren, which was funny because then Warren out-and-out stole Howl's gray ensemble for the Grindstone.  Blue?  Not sure.  I originally wanted him to wear warm desert colors, but maybe I just like how the blue looks with his gold hair.

He also has purple eye(s) so it's hard to match to those.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Parvacake - 12-09-2014

Lili has usually been warm, earthy colors: Brown, greens, deep reds and oranges. Her outfits are simply a reflection of her current mood Smile

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - crowmeleon - 12-09-2014

[Image: christmas-palette-1-copy.png]

Faolan definitely has a very earthy brown, red, gold, and green color scheme. Which I realized is fittingly festive for this time of year.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Eva - 12-09-2014

Lavender, silver, black, white.  Sometimes blue.  Sometimes gray.  Sometimes green.  Depends on a lot of things but I think she feels black is slimming and usually feels most comfortable in it, maybe with lavender or indigo taking a close second.  She likes yellow well enough too.  The only color she really doesn't care for I think is red/orange, but she likes sunsets so who knows?  I tend to use a lot of the metallic silver dye, and the lavender purple in mixing and matching outfits along with the black and white.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Miah Polaali - 12-10-2014

....Black with a bit of White

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - DrPoxo - 12-10-2014

Primarily greens with splashes of blues and usually nothing bright. Mainly due to favorite colors being in that range. Though going in to color psychology I have known those colors tend to be calming colors and Matahina tends to being a calm and collected character that takes a lot to outburst. Within ffxiv, given the chance I usually die everything adamantoise green.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Shizuka - 12-10-2014

Lalah is quite a bit of the blues, particularly the blue-greens:

[Image: TidalHues.png]

or

[Image: ColorCurl.png]

Depending on how bright she's feeling. But she also occasionally steps into the pale pinks, almost always mixed with yet more blues.

[Image: CupcakeHues.png]

She likes the colors of the sea and the forest, but sadly the forest greens simply don't look as nice on her. And the pinks make her feel pretty and girlish now and again.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Hutarin - 12-10-2014

Greens! Browns! Dark purples! Greys? Greys. Rusticy.

[Image: FoggyTones1.png]

[Image: RusticTones_2.png]

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Lillini - 12-10-2014

[Image: 40c8152ead0917f98add39da26709502.jpg]

Except the dark maroon would be a rich red. Noxaelius usually prefers to wear clothes that are black/dark grey with red accents.

Black: Usually associated with darkness, the night, and generally evil things. He isn't exactly an outright evil character, but he definitely veers towards the darker side of things.

Red: The color of blood. He's very destructive and sadistic, as well as violent. He also associates rich red with luxury, and the man loves his luxury.

Orange: The color of his beloved flames and explosions. He is extremely fond of fire as well as fire magic, and considers the element "his domain".

Grey/Light Gold: His skin tone and eye color respectively.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Devereau - 12-10-2014

My character tends to gravitate towards anything highly saturated and solid. Dulled, soft hues or patterns are very unappealing. 

The two most dominant colours in his wardrobe would be purple (either lavender, or a royal, deep purple) and red (predominantly true or blood red, occasionally wine.) This may also be accented with golds, greenish blues, whites or magenta (think Rolanberry.)

It is a bit of an atypical combination, but part of that is what I like. They are unnatural to be in unison, and purple is a colour or rarity in itself. It is not something that often occurs naturality in nature, and as such, is held in regal regards. He tends to be strange, noble in stature and eloquent, so it seemed more rich, elaborate colours and fabrics would be suiting.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Volk - 12-11-2014

Ameline can be examined through soft pastel colors. Colors like coral and peach show her connection to life, humanity (a relative term in a fantasy setting), and affection.

Earthy tones like gray, brown/sepia show a side of her that stays grounded and constant through hardship or unforgiving circumstances. Not one to run off for revenge or to hurt others, but not one to back down from adversity either.

EDIT: In fact, just by looking at the avatar over here <------- you can see most of the choices in her color palette.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Liliana Nazareth - 12-11-2014

Ooh, yay! Colors!

Lily? Errr...hmm. I think most of her gear sets revolve around a shade of red. Dalamud, Wine, or the Maelstrom red (that color that you can't quite match anything to. Curses!). It's always offset her white hair and lilac eyes. That being said, I think red is also a "power color" for her -- often noted as a color of passion, I've noticed that even I do better on the jobs that are often swathed in red!

Her other colors revolve around snow/pure white, and surprisingly, Nophica Green. White can get a little frustrating to work with due to the fact that she has white hair, so Lily personally, I've noticed, tends to look better in fashion choices that have a bit more black or grey to them when choosing to dye something white. Nophica Green is on one set and one set only--her Dragoon set, in which she likes to fancy herself as a "Shroud Valkyrie". The name isn't actually given ICly, but it's something I like to call her. xD Plus, she looks good in it! ...And she'd be killed if she tried to wear Cactuar Green. :B

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Zhavi - 12-11-2014

Bright, obnoxious, harsh.

[Image: combomaker_image.php?design=circles.png&...hex_flag=N]

Green is Zhi's favorite color. She has utterly no sense of fashion, which can be hard for me because I want everything to match. I typically keep at least one item of green (usually shoes, which she has a favorite, beat-up pair she's almost always wearing, particularly because even used shoes are expensive so she's very, very frugal about them) on her, and the rest is random. She gravitates towards blues and neutrals, besides the green, though she's not conscious of this.

I wanted to keep her bright, on the edge between cheerful and overbearing. Brightness can hurt as much as it can cheer, and her manic states definitely trend towards obnoxiousness over amusement. And when she's dark, it's more of a muddled orange; she doesn't stay down for long, but while she's there she's still jarring and annoying, with just that hint of liveliness and hopelessness. Big Grin

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - ProvaDiServo - 12-11-2014

I never really get to dye anything because most of her gear is undyable but Rae
is typically all blue white black.

On the occasion she's working it's black,purple,or red.

If there was a full range palette editor on gear I'd be abit more free with color choices.