Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character in D&D Stats? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Your character in D&D Stats? (/showthread.php?tid=7903)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Kage - 08-08-2014

I'm gonna try. T_T;

Strength(STR): 12 - He's a PLD so his is above average, having trained his muscles and whatnot, especially hard after his transformation
Fortitude(FORT): 18 - Kage is very resilient. He'll hold until he falls.
Dexterity(DEX): 9 - As a PLD he'd have some but well, Kage went from lala to miqo'te. He's still pretty bad.
Intelligence(INT): 15 - Kage was originally a Thaumaturge, dabbling into Black Magic because of his original heritage. He's not able to cast anymore but well... it's not like you can just become dumb?
Wisdom(WIS): 10 - Kage is very average, but possibly less? As a PLD he is quite battle awares but his street sense... no. Kage's best intentions bite people in the arse many times. He could possibly cause another Calamity by trying to save Eorzea.
Charisma(CHA): 14 - People seem to like him most of the time? He doesn't seem to rub too many people the wrong way, even when he became the ebul Brass Blade. In fact, a lot of people still liked him or favored him despite that.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Oscare - 08-08-2014

The reason I did 1~20 as opposed to 1~10 is because I felt like 1~20 could be a little bit more 'broad', per say. We're using FFXIV characters and judging them under D&D stats, I felt like 1~10 just wouldn't cut it. 

Also, Crofter's explanation of INT vs WIS is the best.

EDIT: Looking over these numbers... damn we're strong people. How do we even not overthrow everyone?

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Coatleque - 08-08-2014

After a little consideration, I dropped her Con to 10, because there's no IC reason it would be so high. If she was male I could see more of a racial bonus there.

I also decided to average out Oscare's charisma to 9 and his Intelligence to 10 after some mulling over it, and also Crofter's contribution of  "3 is animal intelligence", a point I completely forgot. I also put Oscare's DEX at 19 because it just made more sense to me.

P.S: Oscare still isn't charismatic, if last night was any indication.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Val - 08-08-2014

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Dogberry - 08-08-2014

A tomato based fruit salad is a salsa, btw.

You can tell I'm a veteran bard player.

You can also tell I'm not exactly the most experienced Dungeons and Dragons player. >_<

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Xenedra - 08-08-2014

What up, daytime people, let's do this thang!

Strength: 8 - Getting close to the noodley scale!

Dexterity: 20 - Stupid good with a bow. You know that ridiculous catching arrows and firing them back shit? Yeeeah >:D! lululul... Very flexible and agile.

Constitution: 10 - Pretty average. Good at dodging, lots of stamina, and she's pretty good at ignoring pain, but a solid blow definitely has the potential to take her out of commission.

Intelligence: 14 - Above average magic user, though by no means a prodigy. Industrious in a bind and fairly clever.

Wisdom: 7 - Generally she's got a lot of common sense, but her views tend to clash with the general populace, and she's given her fair share of bad advice. She's not terrible at guiding others, when she bothers, but she's AWFUL at her own life choices, though she does learn from mistakes... if they sting enough.

Charisma: 17 - Often blunt with people, but she's got a silver tongue and a winning smile when she decides to use them. She oozes confidence on most topics and has been pretty successful in convincing people that she's not bullshitting.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Aya - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 02:36 PM)Oscare Wrote: I also decided to average out Oscare's charisma to 9 and his Intelligence to 10 after some mulling over it, and also Crofter's contribution of  "3 is animal intelligence", a point I completely forgot. I also put Oscare's DEX at 19 because it just made more sense to me.

P.S: Oscare still isn't charismatic, if last night was any indication.
I once played in an old-school roll 3D6 for each stat (with no shuffling) campaign and wound up playing an Orc with 20 strength, and 2 charisma.  That is the charisma of a spider, if you're curious!  MENACE

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Meta Xi - 08-08-2014

I'd like to be quick to point out that if you choose the low end of stats via the D&D rules, you start to have problems. A combination of poor charisma, intelligence, and/or wisdom effectively means your character would never be able to operate in almost any form of society. More over, once you start running into the 1-3 range, you are on the simplest scale of things. A 1 in charisma means that at maximum, you can interact. However, you would never be able to get your point across, let alone comprehend anyone else's point.

Be careful if you start tossing extreme numbers around, because if you decide to give a 20 for strength, but balance it with an intelligence that's one point higher than a horse, or a charisma that's a single point higher than an inanimate object, your character is going to end up more like a golem than a living being.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Aya - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 04:12 PM)Meta Xi Wrote: I'd like to be quick to point out that if you choose the low end of stats via the D&D rules, you start to have problems. A combination of poor charisma, intelligence, and/or wisdom effectively means your character would never be able to operate in almost any form of society. More over, once you start running into the 1-3 range, you are on the simplest scale of things. A 1 in charisma means that at maximum, you can interact. However, you would never be able to get your point across, let alone comprehend anyone else's point.

Be careful if you start tossing extreme numbers around, because if you decide to give a 20 for strength, but balance it with an intelligence that's one point higher than a horse, or a charisma that's a single point higher than an inanimate object, your character is going to end up more like a golem than a living being.
This is not exactly a science (nor are D&D stats), just a fun exercise.  I don't think I'd worry about it so much!

(08-08-2014, 04:19 PM)Aya Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 04:12 PM)Meta Xi Wrote: I'd like to be quick to point out that if you choose the low end of stats via the D&D rules, you start to have problems. A combination of poor charisma, intelligence, and/or wisdom effectively means your character would never be able to operate in almost any form of society. More over, once you start running into the 1-3 range, you are on the simplest scale of things. A 1 in charisma means that at maximum, you can interact. However, you would never be able to get your point across, let alone comprehend anyone else's point.

This is not exactly a science (nor are D&D stats), just a fun exercise.  I don't think I'd worry about it so much!
Correct you are, but the numbers do have a meaning to them. Indeed it shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I feel more information is always helpful, especially since it is based off the D&D stats and the system, even if simplified. No harm in voicing that.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Kage - 08-08-2014

I'd love any criticisms about the stats I made for Kage. Any adjustments or whatnot.

RE: Your character in D&D Stats? - Lillith Cale - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 01:36 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 01:22 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I should add this: Be very careful when picking your Wisdom vs Intelligence scores. Many people get the two confused.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is understanding you shouldn't put it in a fruit salad.

{edit} Also, in D&D terms, an average score is 10.  A commoner NPC would have a 10 in all stats
Anything 3 or below is animal intelligence.
If any score drops to 0, you die.

Coatleque's Stats:
Strength: 16 - Highlander Racial, female
Dexterity: 14 - Highlander Racial
Constitution: 16 - Highlander Racial, female
Intelligence: 14 - She's smart, but as the Red Wings can attest to, very oblivious
Wisdom: 17 - I know a few people who can attest to her wisdom by now.
Charisma: 19 - No explanation needed here.
Yeah, these stat number are a little broken.   ._.

I would dare to say a mary sue is present BUUUUUUT... I'm not that much of a jerk and don't very much care either way.

Not that I think people who pull mary sue cards for little reason are jerks but if you're character is nearly perfect in all stat values then thats typically a sign of a mary sue. I may be wrong thugh as I have never RPed with Coat ICly.
As a person who has DM'd several DnD and Pathfinder sessions, these numbers look perfectly fine to me, especially if it's a mid leveled character, and I don't see anything on the front page about this being a level 1 based character >>;

(08-08-2014, 04:29 PM)ExKage Wrote: I'd love any criticisms about the stats I made for Kage. Any adjustments or whatnot.
He's pretty good overall excelling above norm on a number of things, especially his constitution which makes him nearly like a literal wall. Only fault he has is the 9 dexterity. I'd put him between me and a large beast any day of the week. He'd be a bit below mid level character were this pathfinder or D&D. Just need to slap on some sweet magical enhancement items and he'd be a killer.