Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel (/showthread.php?tid=1565)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Moltove - 01-20-2013

Hnnnnnngh! These are looking good! I'm jealous! I shall hone my stick-figure skills until I get as good as you!

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-20-2013

Update - 1/20: All slots for the Twelve have been filled! Thank you everyone who has volunteered!

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Folken - 01-21-2013

Was just mulling over the work in progresses again, liking how they're all coming out, some lovely poses and concepts.

Though it's such a shame there was a pass on Halone's shield emphasis, I always pictured her like a greek warrior woman type figure with that shield. Reminiscent of some old statues like this one:
[Image: 535839.jpg]

Still, the ice wall encapsulating the shield is very unique and interesting, and I wish you best of luck in developing it as things encased in ice can be a real pain to portray and especially to color. @_@

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Deirdre - 01-21-2013

I think Mtoto went without the shield focus mainly because of Deirdre as a character. She is not the type to have a shield in any real sense, so I really love the way Mtoto imaged it with the character herself in mind.
^-^

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-21-2013

I meant to reply earlier, but I hate typing from my phone. Such a hassle trying to type out anything on such a tiny screen or have it constantly auto correct any names I type. -____-

The shield as the main focus was something that crossed my mind initially, but as Deirdre pointed out, I wanted to take the character into mind for the design, hence why I opted for the sword and triple spear in hand to represent Halone as the goddess of war and her title as the Fury.

I actually have a couple rough doodles in my sketch book for the shield design which I may post up when I get around to hooking my scanner up again. I definitely agree with you about how hard things in ice can be to color. I think that'll single handily be the hardest part of this one since I don't have much experience with rendering ice outside of sketches, but hopefully all the awesome tutorials on DA will help me out here.

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Ellie - 01-21-2013

Wow, these are all so amazing! Makes me wish I didn't hold back on submitting one of my characters. xD

Thank you Ellie!

It's not too late to submit one of your characters for the list of adventurers! I still have room for 2 females and 3 males as of this post Smile

Just a heads up!

I only have 1 more slot for a female and 2 more slots for males. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give me something other than Miqo'te. Thank you. @_@

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Ellie - 01-21-2013

Oh geez, I'm sorry xD I've got a female roegadyn side-character you can put in too if you'd like.

EDIT: Actually wait to see if you get someone else to fill the slot, I don't want to hog up two spots.

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Aysun - 01-21-2013

Could volunteer my hubby's character, he's a boring Hyur~

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-22-2013

Update

Redid Aysun/Llymlaen~ Smile

1/22 Aysun/Llymlaen, the Navigator - Semi-Rough Draft
I decided to redo the pose and adjust the dress so it wasn't so heavy looking. I'll add the birds in again once I get to the actual line art and coloring stage.
Show Content

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Aysun - 01-22-2013

Oh, that one looks very nice as well. I think I like her head/face in the first one more, but omg. Lovely~ Big Grin

Re: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-23-2013

I'm thinking the same thing. I'll adjust the face to be more similar to the first face once I get to the line art phase Smile

RE: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-31-2013

Hey all! So I just wanted to give you all a short update and let you all know the project is still underway. I guess there was a fear that I may have been burnt out already. To those of you who have been keeping an eye on this thread, sorry for the slow down! I've been a bit busy outside of this. Anyways, I wanted to give you all a peak at what I've been working on. Smile

[Image: NEOhwn7.png]

RE: Eorzean Zodiac Wheel - Mtoto Wamoto - 02-01-2013

Ellie: Oh geez, rookie mod's first day. I go to reply and I accidentally erase your post. (I'm used to the left-most button being "reply with quote")

There's no way to get your post back to the way it was, so please edit this message and repost once you do because it was a really really beautiful image. Again, very sorry. >_<

Smile No worries!

Here is the image again :p

Original post:

I felt bad for leaving you all in the dark for over a week, so I decided to post up the current progress for Eva/Nophica. Take it as a taste for what's to come with the others. Enjoy!

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. I'd put it at about 70% done.

[Image: bXcmPKw.jpg]