Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) (/showthread.php?tid=14030)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - LadyCleriseaux - 11-03-2015

I ike the female hairstyles quite a bit. The long one without bangs looks the nicest in my opinion, and I'll be trying it on Noelia. I really wish Sqeenix would give us some proper LONG hairstyles like Ysale's.

Also, I second the vote for more elegant looking hair.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Kismet - 11-04-2015

The male one is gorgeous. The female one, as I said about its concept design, feels sort of redundant. It's like a crappier Gold Saucer ponytail that's to the side with a gaudy hair piece and awkward bangs... but that's just me.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - synaesthetic - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 09:46 PM)Kismet Wrote: The male one is gorgeous. The female one, as I said about its concept design, feels sort of redundant. It's like a crappier Gold Saucer ponytail that's to the side with a gaudy hair piece and awkward bangs... but that's just me.

I don't like it. I liked the other one, the one that didn't win.

This one:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/hairdesign_2015/F_08.jpg

I'm really sad it didn't win.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - TheLastCandle - 11-04-2015

I agree, that female one was the best.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - synaesthetic - 11-04-2015

I like the short styles best because SE can't seem to give the long hair realistic physics and keep it from clipping into armor. It's why Aeri has had the pixie cut since I came back for Heavensward.

Also because pixie cuts are adorable and super hot. Big Grin

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Caspar - 11-05-2015

To the side is a big deal. I don't think lalas get some of the nicer asymmetrical hairstyles other races do. I like it though I'm not too likely to use it

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Milly - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 09:46 PM)Kismet Wrote: The male one is gorgeous. The female one, as I said about its concept design, feels sort of redundant. It's like a crappier Gold Saucer ponytail that's to the side with a gaudy hair piece and awkward bangs... but that's just me.

All hairstyles are 'sort of like' another when you really boil it down. I'm not a big fan of this hairstyle for my character personally but it doesn't mean it's not good or redundant; all it has in common with the GS hairstyle is it's a short ponytail. Likewise, the one posted above could be likened to this one:

[Image: 0eBxOXt.png]

When really all it has in common is it's a short, flicked-out cut involving braids. Unless you start going totally wacky, at this point we already have so many styles in the game they're going to feel 'sort of like' another. Personally I'd never wear a standard ponytail but I would wear one to the side so as minor as it might seem it is different enough to warrant having it imo.

Anyway excited to try new stuff on when the patch launches!

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - synaesthetic - 11-05-2015

Sure, there are a bunch of hairstyles. But how many don't distractingly clip through armor? Very few, and those are the only ones I'll use. The runner-up I linked would have been a nice clipping-free hairstyle. Unfortunately the winner will undoubtedly clip through nigh everything and probably won't have proper physics, so the ponytail will basically be rock-hard. I really wish SE would let hair move and sway to the same degree Wildstar does.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Milly - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 05:39 AM)synaesthetic Wrote: Sure, there are a bunch of hairstyles. But how many don't distractingly clip through armor? Very few, and those are the only ones I'll use. The runner-up I linked would have been a nice clipping-free hairstyle. Unfortunately the winner will undoubtedly clip through nigh everything and probably won't have proper physics, so the ponytail will basically be rock-hard. I really wish SE would let hair move and sway to the same degree Wildstar does.

I don't disagree about clipping, it would be nice if it wasn't like that. Personally it doesn't bother me but for many people it does.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Kismet - 11-06-2015

(11-04-2015, 10:07 PM)synaesthetic Wrote:

I don't like it. I liked the other one, the one that didn't win.

This one:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/hairdesign_2015/F_08.jpg

I'm really sad it didn't win.

Agreed! That's one of the ones I thought was super cute. And the highlight scheme would've allowed for some nice color variation.

Oh, well. Maybe there will be another contest in the future some day. ;_;

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - synaesthetic - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 12:25 AM)Kismet Wrote: Agreed! That's one of the ones I thought was super cute. And the highlight scheme would've allowed for some nice color variation.

Oh, well. Maybe there will be another contest in the future some day. ;_;

I would have put that one on Aeri in a millisecond, even over the adorableness that is the pixie cut.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - Silfur - 11-08-2015

The men's hair style winner is cool and I really like the women's hairstyle in pink but I wish there was more short hairstyles for women. :/ TBH, I wish the hairstyles weren't locked to gender.

RE: 3.1 new Hairstyles! (including contest winners) - allgivenover - 11-08-2015

Nevermind, totally missed the thread I was aiming for.