Hydaelyn Role-Players
Something wicked this way comes~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Something wicked this way comes~ (/showthread.php?tid=2710)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - C'io Behkt - 07-09-2013

That works too! You could be someone trying to establish his own tribe!

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - D R E N - 07-09-2013

As someone who is going to be on Gilgamesh, I can honestly tell you that you're in a win - win situation. Balmung will have RPers, and Gilgamesh will have RPers, everything else really just boils down to personal preference. Both communities are great places. No matter which server you choose, I'm sure you won't regret it.

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Kanko - 07-09-2013

Thinking along the ideas of the offspring of a failed tribe. Like the father died and the mother returned with him to the old tribe or the other way around. Dangerous world, yo.
Need to add a bit of tragedy to any good character anyway! But I really do want him a bit young, like 16-17 ish. Depends on what I can have him learned in that time. 

What if... He was somehow picked up by Keepers... Is that even possible?

What if... A seeker and a keeper fell in... Love/Heat?

So many ideas that are potentially lore-breaking!

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Clover - 07-09-2013

Welcome to the community! I'm also new here ^^

You posted very interesting questions. The situation of new people being unable to do much in an already established community had crossed my mind as well, but then I realized that many new players -and even veterals who will roll different characters- will go to Balmung, therefore, many new stories will be created. Considering this, I don't think I'll feel left out.

My friend said she'll play in Balmung, so I will too.

I also think that the connection between characters is a very interesting part of the RP! After all, interaction with other people plays a huge role in who we are, and it might be what ultimately moves characters in any direction, be it for good or for bad.

I was going to make a female seeker for my secondary character. In case you end up playing in B, it'd be cool if our characters could interact. It occurs to me that my character could be a family member or someone from your tribe, and she could make things difficult for Kanko in case he ends up "breaking the rules" by falling in love with a Keeper. I might be wrong, but I've heard that such a thing is not very well seen by certain Miqo'te tribes. And I don't know about you, but I love conflict in RP; I fancy the idea of such relationships being forbidden, instead of everyone being happy and open minded about everything.

It's just a possibility, anyway. Anything would work!

(Last but not least, please excuse my English mistakes *bows*).

I love the idea of Kanko -who is a Seeker- falling for a Keeper and having their society issues for one other be present in the relationship. But the love trip is always a tricky thing to get right.
Now for hate, rivals and all the other emotions one can have. Oh expect that all around! Kanko shall have an opinion of you all! Be it good or bad, I'll love you all OOCly... Even as Kanko tries to kick your faces.

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - entropyrat - 07-09-2013

Hey Kanko, great to see so many other new folks showing up here. It makes being brand new not quite as intimidating. I'll be on Balmung so if you end up there hopefully we'll get a chance to ARPEEZ together.

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Xenedra - 07-09-2013

Hey, welcome to the RPC! I'd repeat what everyone else has said about the servers, but I think you got the memo : P. C'io has point you in the direction of the very informative, though tortuously bare lore forums, I see~ We also have a lovely 1.0 lore sum-up provided by Endemerrin that you may want to peruse if you haven't yet Smile.

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Asyria - 07-09-2013

There will be plenty of Keepers on both servers but mine is on Balmung so if you pick that server, drop me a line. Establishing connections is fun. ^^

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - rynsan - 07-09-2013

Hey there and welcome to the RPC! I'm still new aswell but I had to comment on your creativity. You have already started throwing around ideas which, according to Lore, may be inconventional, but it's good to see people thinking outside the box but being wary of detroying an established history. I am in a similar position, throwing things around to give characters an established background which is a good ground for thier future. I hope to see how your character grows!

With careful consideration, I've chosen to go with Balmung~
Because the Kanko deems it so~

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Kyatai - 07-10-2013

Yay!
Well welcome... but if you do get into Beta this time 'round, make a toon on Gilgamesh, as that's where everyone is til Phase 4/Launch.
I look forward to RPing with you, Kanko!

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Kanko - 07-11-2013

Currently looking for ideas for a place holder for his last name. Since story can change him from Tia at any moment... I'd rather have something that will stick... like Heatfist or something to go along with his monk skills. Any suggestions?

Also!

[Image: 6d2fb036-9c0f-4934-97e4-0c531056abde.jpg]
Outfit is not just subject to change... it WILL change when I get a better one~

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Mycroft - 07-11-2013

What is it with all of you WSRP'ers coming on over and trouncing around in my domain..
I can deal with Renaise being here, as he is an old member like me self..

*ahem*

I mean hi and welcome!

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - drake2k - 07-11-2013

(07-09-2013, 01:42 PM)Kanko Wrote: Sadly while as helpful as that comment on the two servers is... It only brings up more questions.

With B having an already developed community, is it hard for someone new to get in?

Yep, I'm one of those people that will sometimes just pick one thing out of a post and address it while completely oblivious to everything else and everyone else's responses.  Yep, I'm lazy.

--Short answer:  No.

--Elaboration: A game, a community, a guild... You'll get what you put into it. If you reach out, people will reach back.   If you isolate yourself, then people will tend to leave you alone.

My guild is bringing in several new people to Balmung.  There's only maybe 3 or 4 of us that have played final fantasy XI and only 2 of us that have 1.0 characters for ARR.  There are a few in my guild that are hard core RP'rs.  Several that are casual and a few that don't RP at all.  We're from all different types of games and have found each other through various means.  So why mention this?  I forget...

ChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocobo

[5 minutes later]  Oh yeah.. so it's not hard to get 'in' as you say.  You just have to put one foot in front of the other and have fun.  Smile  Hope this helps.

RE: Something wicked this way comes~ - Kanko - 07-11-2013

Person above didnt happen to read that I already picked Balmung... I assume?