Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) (/showthread.php?tid=234)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-14-2010

She smiled at Tai a particulairly fierce and determined look in her eyes.

"I'm here to make connections of course. You can't be apart of the world economy staying in the corner you like best. It may be dreadfully humid and drab here but this is where the best sailing folk are. This is the place that all the goods of Eozera pass through to get to where they're going. Also some of the best you can find in any trade will often be off in some corner. New talent, like your friend, can be found all over. If I'm to build an empire all on my own without a lick of help from family I have to a network of the best suppliers and crafters at my disposal. I have to have distributors and salesmen to haggle here while I run it all from my little couch in Ul'dah. Trade you see is not a solitairy business."

She paused letting the intensity fall away carefully downing her mug. "Even you have to have a reason to do what you do. Why pray tell are you here? Why did you invite Katt to a meal?" She grinned at him curiously poking him in the chest. "Just what is it that drives you Kiddo? Everyone is where they want to be whether it be for a season or for the rest of thier days. You can either choose to idle away and rot on the vine or seize the opportunities staring you in the face. Of what sort are you I wonder?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

Shamad couldn't help himself. He started giggling. It was a coping mechanism that had developed from multiple stressful situations. He could see she didn't appreciate the giggling.
"I'm sorry for laughing. I'm not laughing at you. It's just an automatic reaction to stress. I am here because I'm looking for something that probably doesn't exist. I was just discharged from the Ul'dahn military and I need something to do. I asked her because I need some friends and I might get some info on what I'm looking for from her parents' library. Rather selfish, I know, but you gotta start somewhere." He shrugged.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-14-2010

Nana nodded. "Even the best of us are truly selfish about something Kiddo. While I don't know if your book exists or not or if you manage to find it that is will be all you hope for but at least you're trying something."

Nana shrugged. "I will tell you this Kiddo you're only a looser if you give up. Pure and simple, no?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Shamadconde - 07-15-2010

"I understand. There is no giving up, just attacking from a different direction. So.......I don't have anything better to do. Can I help you with anything?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-15-2010

The Lalafell business woman leaned back tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"Well that depends. Like I told your friend I don't give handouts. You got to have a talent I can use and work hard at whatever I ask of you. Even if the order seems insane you have to pull through. What talents do you have?"

"Ummm....I do have instant unthinking obedience to orders and I mean instant and unthinking. I don't have an issue eliminating 'problems' *air quotes* and I can carve with the wind. If you like sarcasm, I'm your man! I'm a quick learner and I will do whatever you need."

"Well currently I have yet to form a partnership with any woodworkers. That is if you're any good. I'd have to see your work." Nana paused. "I don't really have need of your other skills at this time."

Shamad shrugged. "Ok. Just offering."

"Sorry Kiddo, I can keep your contact information if you like so if I do need services like yours I can use you."

"Sounds good. I wonder when the competition is going to start? Anything they make will be better than what I'm used to."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Siben - 07-15-2010

DAISHI Wrote:"MAGNESIUM CHEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!"

Siben's head snapped up from his book as he heard an odd scream from the kitchen area.
He looked to Loki curiously (assuming she's still there) and walked over to investigate.

"Hm..A cooking contest?"

Siben looked on, intrigued.

He mumbled to himself as he sat down to watch, "Maybe I can learn something..."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Tyme - 07-15-2010

Katt waits patiently for the competition to start, growing slightly impatient. "Well, all good things come with a price," she says, "and I suppose today's price is patience."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Stanzie - 07-15-2010

Stanzie looked up from her work after realizing she couldn't make out any of the words due to the fall of night. She stretched, got up from her chair and made her way to the door. "Ow! Stupid bed!", hopping on one foot Stanzie opened the door and slowly made her way downstairs following the sounds of people and the smell of food. As she reached the main floor she heard
DAISHI Wrote:"MAGNESIUM CHEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!"
"Oh, he's at it again. Better see what's on the menu tonight. I need to eat and the food's good either way." Nodding at the barkeep she walked to the kitchen and stood in the doorway for a moment gazing at the chaos. Shaking her head Stanzie turned and looked out at the taproom searching for a table.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - DAISHI - 07-15-2010

A gust of wind from nowhere bellowed through the area as the chef raised his hand, the chief assistant - the sous chef - walking up to the head chef and ripping the white garments off the man's body. In its place were left glimmering robes of red and gold. The head chef tossed his white hat into the air with a flourish, the current of air taking it to parts unknown as the man's head was adorned by a red and gold chef's hat. He thrust his hands skywards, flames flying from all the mobile cooking stations all at once in a magnificent display of flames and light, bursting upwards as a cloud of doves flew out of the kitchen and through the door, back onto the streets.

Sous-Chef Kaji threw his hands towards the head chef, shouting "Warrior Chef Hai declares the opening of..."

"MAAAAGGGGGNEEEEESSSIIUUUUMMMM CCCCCHHHHEEEEEEFFFFFFFAAARRRUUU!!!!!" Hai shouted as the music reached a fever pitch, all going dark in the restaurant for a moment. When the lights raised, four warrior chefs stood, all ready for magnesium chef combat, only waiting for the sous-chef to introduce them.

Shamad couldn't help himself. He started to laugh hard. It was so over the top and the head chef looked insane! He could hardly believe this was the same place that hosted a riot only a few hours ago.