Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Alternate RP Server - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Alternate RP Server (/showthread.php?tid=19433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Mercer - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 01:49 PM)Ink Wrote: I'll cast my vote for Faerie if it's even an option, but if not then no worries.

It in fact is!

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Haven's Fox - 05-19-2017

As a follow up to what I had first asked. I say this with the thought that if one of the above lower population servers does indeed become one of the designated worlds that the other smaller rp communities can have a chance to merge together if they wish. I know lots of these smaller communities have players that were unable to create on Balmung and with some unable/unwilling to pay the transfer fee. The idea of getting a free transfer with seemingly full housing reimbursement among the 160m gil cap now could be what sways some of these smaller groups to merge together.

Just wanted to keep that on everyone's mind since has been such a big topic for all.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Nebbs - 05-19-2017

If this is just NA servers, please tag that in the Title. Ot if not please add an "Other" option.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Mercer - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 02:05 PM)Nebbs Wrote: If this is just NA servers, please tag that in the Title. Ot if not please add an "Other" option.

Done, and added a link to the EU poll which I'll add here as well.

EU Server Poll

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Sig - 05-19-2017

Could we please have this poll revised to reflect:

(1) It is not an official decision of the FFXIV RP community, RPC community, EU RP community, and Tumblr RP community?  The poll should also reflect that it reflects the procedural rules and voting criteria adopted exclusively by the OP.

(2) You know what.

Also, for the convenience of all, here are the current results of the Tumblr poll:

Mateus - 40

None (Balmung) - 16

Jenova - 6

New world created at SB (EU Only?) - 6

Sargatanas - 4

Other World (Leave a comment!) - 4

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Val - 05-19-2017

I also voted for Mateus. Not to invalidate the hard work of others on other servers, but it already has the most people there so the transition should be minimal and they already have a nice base to build on.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - EliBallard - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 02:00 PM)Haven Wrote: As a follow up to what I had first asked. I say this with the thought that if one of the above lower population servers does indeed become one of the designated worlds that the other smaller rp communities can have a chance to merge together if they wish. I know lots of these smaller communities have players that were unable to create on Balmung and with some unable/unwilling to pay the transfer fee. The idea of getting a free transfer with seemingly full housing reimbursement among the 160m gil cap now could be what sways some of these smaller groups to merge together.

Just wanted to keep that on everyone's mind since has been such a big topic for all.

They're not going to give free transfers between small servers. They're giving free transfers from capped servers to small servers.

(05-19-2017, 02:11 PM)Sig Wrote: Could we please have this poll revised to reflect:

(1) It is not an official decision of the FFXIV RP community, RPC community, EU RP community, and Tumblr RP community?  The poll should also reflect that it reflects the procedural rules and voting criteria adopted exclusively by the OP.

(2) You know what.

Also, for the convenience of all, here are the current results of the Tumblr poll:

Mateus - 40

None (Balmung) - 16

Jenova - 6

New world created at SB (EU Only?) - 6

Sargatanas - 4

Other World (Leave a comment!) - 4

Please do not summarize the Tumblr vote. There is support for other servers as well and undermines the work and support they have.

If you wish to see the full current results for the Tumblr poll, it is here.

This thread and the previous I started and organized as a stage for the discussion, benefits and preferences for the secondary servers. I made sure that the original poll showed usernames to make sure that a sense of transparency was present. However, this poll and previous thread have never been about forcing an opinion or decision of the community but as an avenue to show the preferences of the community and the server they choose.

It is about making an informed decision in a time that the original preference is no longer allowed. I am gathering data from the volunteers that post and vote to present to the public, not declaring anything under my name or anyone else.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Rosekitten - 05-19-2017

Tossing my vote in for Maeteus. I was already planning to transfer there when the expansion hits so free or not my choice isn't really changed. Odds are in favor I'll be getting things planned out and events set up to help the community over there. I've been trying to keep in touch with the various free companies or LS' during my out of game time as well. (Though I have slacked on that a bit in recent months due to personal reasons). 

Personally I'm all for whatever server gets the end votes to be deemed the alternative NA rp server. ^^ So long as the rp community as a whole supports and tries to aid in the process or idea of it. 

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Kage - 05-19-2017

The reason why is because the incentives can make or break whether or not people choose to leave. As someone quoted earlier there are indeed pros and cons to voting early and waiting for the designated worlds. There are many possibilities and their likelihoods aren't high but it does well to consider all the angles.

Square Enix retains the option of merging some of the lower pop worlds. What happens if Mateus (which is currently my top choice) ends up being merged with goblin or Zalera and doesn't get a designated free world transfer bonus? What if some communities would be willing to uproot but only for a designated bonus? More communities means a healthier, more robust one that can facilitate differing opinions and possible breaks in thought. We all want this endeavor to succeed and want to give it all the best options and support possible.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - EliBallard - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 02:43 PM)Kage Wrote: The reason why is because the incentives can make or break whether or not people choose to leave. As someone quoted earlier there are indeed pros and cons to voting early and waiting for the designated worlds. There are many possibilities and their likelihoods aren't high but it does well to consider all the angles.

Square Enix retains the option of merging some of the lower pop worlds. What happens if Mateus (which is currently my top choice) ends up being merged with goblin or Zalera and doesn't get a designated free world transfer bonus? What if some communities would be willing to uproot but only for a designated bonus? More communities means a healthier, more robust one that can facilitate differing opinions and possible breaks in thought. We all want this endeavor to succeed and want to give it all the best options and support possible.
Because this is by and large for NEW players, not people already on Balmung.

(05-19-2017, 02:43 PM)Kage Wrote: The reason why is because the incentives can make or break whether or not people choose to leave. As someone quoted earlier there are indeed pros and cons to voting early and waiting for the designated worlds. There are many possibilities and their likelihoods aren't high but it does well to consider all the angles.

Square Enix retains the option of merging some of the lower pop worlds. What happens if Mateus (which is currently my top choice) ends up being merged with goblin or Zalera and doesn't get a designated free world transfer bonus? What if some communities would be willing to uproot but only for a designated bonus? More communities means a healthier, more robust one that can facilitate differing opinions and possible breaks in thought.

I agree and that's why I clarified in the original post that it's not the end all be all vote, there will be more over time. But right now people need a place to go. There will be more votes, there will be more discussions as info comes out. Plans can change, they will change. But people are still looking for a home and a community right now. Information and guidance is needed.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Haven's Fox - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 02:18 PM)EliBallard Wrote: They're not going to give free transfers between small servers. They're giving free transfers from capped servers to small servers.

Actually it doesn't say either way in how the bonus will apply yet. All we have is a vague "Transfers to designated Worlds will be free of charge" statement so far. As I said before we still have yet to see the second half of that news post with the details.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Kage - 05-19-2017

You're right. I tend to be over the horizon, long distance what-ifs person and sometimes can't see the shit right under my nose. I just want this endeavor and whatever else to do well.

I've been fairly active or lurking from the moment I joined RPC. Since then, I've seen people turn to other places from Balmung. People will post free company or linkshell infos for their communities. Eventually, through a various amounts of reasons, people will trickle away or back. I've seen people upset because communities have stagnated or too insular that the other players feel that things are too clique-ish. Things seemingly held up strong because of a few pillars and end up collapsing so once again it's seemingly a struggle from the ashes. Nothing has flourished and blossomed yet with bounties of fruit.

This is -not- to demean any of the communities who have tried, are living, or will continue to be tried. It's my honest opinion that there's so much strength in being able to gather each of these communities and bring them together, so that the reliance of the health of the community is not solely on a few leaders or a singular group. I just don't think it's good to, in the end, say "Here's the few you can go to" whereas there can be the new RP server, designated and chosen with the best possible efforts and information we can. One of which those efforts is yes, including any possible Balmung communities to join as well as consolidating other server groups.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Erah'sae - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 03:10 PM)Kage Wrote: It's my honest opinion that there's so much strength in being able to gather each of these communities and bring them together, so that the reliance of the health of the community is not solely on a few leaders or a singular group. I just don't think it's good to, in the end, say "Here's the few you can go to" whereas there can be the new RP server, designated and chosen with the best possible efforts and information we can. One of which those efforts is yes, including any possible Balmung communities to join as well as consolidating other server groups.

To be honest, I don't thing the server itself doesn't matter as much for this as getting things set up to where there are 'enough' pillars to handle a that time period of initial move in and hitting the critical mass of self-sustainability.  I'm trying to envision what things will look like a year from now when the routine churn has taken it's toll and removed a few of those pillars (because real life always does.)

I watched folks try and establish an RP community on Cactaur and have it fall apart for similar reasons.  The big coordinator of the few smaller groups had a kid and quit to be a dad.  It more or less died out not too long after.  A new RP community needs to be able to survive disruption like that.