Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pokemon Returning Player - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Returning Player (/showthread.php?tid=15121)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Aaron - 02-01-2016

I've tried Pokemon emulators before and they just. . . Didn't work out for me, dunno why but playing them on my phone felt out of place and made me feel poor lol.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Mentaza - 02-01-2016

I do recommend checking out either X or Y as well if you can. It was pretty neat, especially considering that the region was modeled after France. The story was so-so with it, but overall a solid entry.

Also, if you have any of the DS and GBA games lying around, it's worth looking into the Pokemon Bank and seeing what all you can transfer up to Gen 6.

And a side-note... You can play the Global Trade System to get the pokemon you want, too. Only ones that may be a bit iffy to get your hands on might be the legendaries through there, but most of the others, you can trade for, easily. (It's how I filled majority of the holes in my Dex after I finished transferring my pokemon from previous games.)

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Alderique - 02-01-2016

I can hook you up with a cyndaquil if you've got X/Y or Alpha/Omega. Just lemme know!

And of course the one time I don't buy the warranty, the fucking Omega Ruby copy doesn't fucking work.

@Buddy the GS said they didn't know anything about codes for mew.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Mentaza - 02-01-2016

You should be able to exchange it for the same title, I think.

(Edit)
I also just looked it up and the Mew giveaway is a download from Gamestop via their in-store Wifi distribution and not a download code.

So I don't need that $3 warranty thing to go back tomorrow and replace it?

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - mongi291 - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 08:58 PM)Mentaza Wrote: I do recommend checking out either X or Y as well if you can. It was pretty neat, especially considering that the region was modeled after France. The story was so-so with it, but overall a solid entry.

Also, if you have any of the DS and GBA games lying around, it's worth looking into the Pokemon Bank and seeing what all you can transfer up to Gen 6.

And a side-note... You can play the Global Trade System to get the pokemon you want, too. Only ones that may be a bit iffy to get your hands on might be the legendaries through there, but most of the others, you can trade for, easily. (It's how I filled majority of the holes in my Dex after I finished transferring my pokemon from previous games.)
Well, easily might not be the right word for it. Unless you have lvl9 and under legendaries. :D I've seen people asking for lvl9- Dialgas for version exclusive but still common Pokemon.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - 13uddy - 02-02-2016

(02-01-2016, 09:17 PM)Aaron Wrote: @Buddy the GS said they didn't know anything about codes for mew.

(02-01-2016, 09:28 PM)Mentaza Wrote: (Edit)
I also just looked it up and the Mew giveaway is a download from Gamestop via their in-store Wifi distribution and not a download code.

No worries!  Thanks for trying at least!

Seems Nintendo didn't get their own memo, then.  Even the official Anniversary area of the Pokemon site mentions it is obtained through serial code rather than going in to the store, and as of yesterday morning that was what all the various info sites had listed.
Quote:The Mythical Pokémon Mew will be available at participating GameStop stores starting February 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Mew in your [i]Pokémon Omega Ruby[/i], [i]Pokémon Alpha Sapphire[/i], [i]Pokémon X[/i], or [i]Pokémon Y[/i] game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by May 31, 2016!

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Aaron - 02-02-2016

It's sad how I'm gonna ditch my Sceptile once I find a Absol.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - mongi291 - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 09:06 PM)Aaron Wrote: It's sad how I'm gonna ditch my Sceptile once I find a Absol.
Do you know Sceptile has an awesome Grass/Dragon type Mega Evolution?
I know it's probably not gonna stop you, but... Why is there no love for Sceptile? :c

Because the best Grass starter is Torterra just like the best fire is Typhlosion and water is Feraligator

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - 13uddy - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 10:06 PM)Aaron Wrote: Because the best Grass starter is Torterra just like the best fire is Typhlosion and water is Feraligator

You spelled Swampert wrong.  Tongue

Ewwww Swampert.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - mongi291 - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 10:31 PM)13uddy Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 10:06 PM)Aaron Wrote: Because the best Grass starter is Torterra just like the best fire is Typhlosion and water is Feraligator

You spelled Swampert wrong.  Tongue
That's a funny way to spell Samurott.

RE: Pokemon Returning Player - Shoshopu - 02-02-2016

I'm pretty sure mega-Swampert is definitively the best Rain team sweeper, and it's always been one of the better fully-evolved starters not named Blaziken. It's got my vote.