Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! (/showthread.php?tid=12996)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Aaron - 08-14-2015

I want the lalafell sit pose so bad.

It'd boost Aaron's sarcasm ten fold.

"Hey Aaron are you listening to me?"

Aaron sways back and forth while curled up. "Suuuuuure I am. ." While in his head he's going LALALALALALA

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Zyrusticae - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 02:43 PM)Graeham Wrote: So this means that every race and gender will have access to every single race and gender's current sit poses? If so, hopefully they'll extend it to other persistent emotes like the weapon stances as well.
Hopefully they extend it to all emotes, period.

Gender- and race-locking is so horribly stifling for character expression and differentiation. When PSO2 is doing better than you in this area, you know you done wrong!

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - industrythirteen - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 02:43 PM)Graeham Wrote: So this means that every race and gender will have access to every single race and gender's current sit poses? If so, hopefully they'll extend it to other persistent emotes like the weapon stances as well.

That first part is what I'm curious about, too, and unfortunately google translate is only so good (hint: its a damn mess.) I'd like access to all of the positions, regardless of race and gender. We shall see.

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Manari - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 03:02 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Now they just need to add /cpose for sleeping on beds. Highlanders won the lotto for sleeping poses for both genders.... someone save the miqote girls! They look like they're calling boyfriends in 1980.

I always said it looks like we are writing in our rainbow unicorn Lisa Frank Diary while talking about boys on a big fat phone with a curly long phone cord.

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Edda - 08-14-2015

This is great news, gender locks or no.

But WHEN will my DREAM of being able to properly /sit on beach chairs be realized!? You can't just put sitting furniture in the game if no one but NPCs can sit in them... It's not fair, SE. It's just not fair...

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Caspar - 08-14-2015

It'll only be a matter of time before we see gangs of Lalas squatting on the corners, waiting to cheeki your breeki

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Haven's Fox - 08-14-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/#_ga=1.266640718.1514291750.1413600470

English version of the Dev blog. Also Yay!

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Flickering Ember - 08-14-2015

I'm excited but....

I don't see anything anywhere that says these are "universal". It says they are new cposes. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but are these new for everyone? Are they new but gender/race specific? Or are they just making current sit poses available to other races?

The English article is not clear and I am horribly confused.

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - LystAP - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 04:02 PM)industrythirteen Wrote:

That first part is what I'm curious about, too, and unfortunately google translate is only so good (hint: its a damn mess.) I'd like access to all of the positions, regardless of race and gender. We shall see.

If they make all poses universal, then it is likely that they'll just make generic emotes and poses in the future.

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - Blue - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 06:56 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: I'm excited but....

I don't see anything anywhere that says these are "universal". It says they are new cposes. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but are these new for everyone? Are they new but gender/race specific? Or are they just making current sit poses available to other races?

The English article is not clear and I am horribly confused.

Well, the Laalfell in the group picture and the Au Ra male in the second picture certainly are using the same one.

[Image: %E7%B4%85%E8%93%AE%E7%A5%AD_09.jpg]

[Image: blog_me_0810_02.jpg]

The most plausible guess is that they are universal among races, but still split by gender (as far as I'm seeing females are using poses from others races' females, and males poses from other races' males).

RE: /Sit Is Becoming Universal! - K'nahli - 08-14-2015

I highly doubt this will apply to pre-existing emotes but my God will I hold out just that teensy wee bit of hope that it will.

Though having said that..... I STILL wouldn't get access to the one I really want for my hyuran males because it belongs to females! I really, really want the kneeling one highlanders have! ;   Loving the new poses though!

On a side note, I'll edit the title to something a little less optimistic until we are given solid proof otherwise for the sake of not misleading other people into a false sense of excitement.

RE: 3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! - Aaron - 08-14-2015

Now if only we could get DYEABLE WEAPONS THAT DIDN'T REQUIRE YOU TO CLEAR THE MOST CURRENT HARDEST ENDGAME FLOOR NOT EVEN LUCRECIA has cleared yet known as alexander savage floor 4

RE: 3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! - Fox - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 08:10 PM)Knahli Wrote: On a side note, I'll edit the title to something a little less optimistic until we are given solid proof otherwise for the sake of not misleading other people into a false sense of excitement.

Moderator Note:
Thread title amended.

Presently, there are no sources to suggest that pre-existing sitting poses will become shared among other races/genders. It appears, however, that the new poses are not race-locked and in fact shared among the same gender.

...Except all of the images that they have shown have been other races' sit poses.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001142.html
I don't know why they would show these poses if it weren't for the intention of unlocking them for the other races.

Dev Blog Wrote:There, in the corner. That Lalafell! That doesn't look like the typical sit pose, does it?
The dev. team is currently working on new sit poses for Patch 3.1!
Let's take a look at some examples!

[Image: blog_me_0810_01.jpg]
Female Au Ra

[Image: blog_me_0810_06.jpg]
Male Au Ra

[Image: blog_me_0810_05.jpg]
Female Miqo'te

However what is said; is that it is liable to change.

RE: 3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! - Melkire - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Foxberry Wrote: [Image: blog_me_0810_01.jpg]
Female Au Ra

I could have sworn that female Au Ra sitting pose was slightly different from the above? I remember the hands being in front for some reason (between their knees?). I dont play one though so I could be wrong

RE: 3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses! - Blue - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 10:15 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Foxberry Wrote: [Image: blog_me_0810_01.jpg]
Female Au Ra

I could have sworn that female Au Ra sitting pose was slightly different from the above? I remember the hands being in front for some reason (between their knees?). I dont play one though so I could be wrong

There are slight differences such as where the hands are, but they are the same. It's kinda how all the /changepose 4 has everyone put their hands in their pockets somehow, or /changepose 3 has everyone doing a certain hand movement somehow. Different variations of the same pose, which I frankly approve.

(Hand on groin)
[Image: blog_me_0810_05.jpg]

(Hand on calf)
[Image: 5401084522c3923508799052.jpg]

(Hand on inner knee)
[Image: blog_me_0810_06.jpg]

(Hand on the back)
[Image: 52636d7ea068d64650c8f644.jpg]

It seems the direction in which the legs are bent, as well as which leg is lifted up and which isn't, change. Again, minor differences that help us look different while giving everyone the opportunity to have a certain attitude.