Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... (/showthread.php?tid=11573)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Gegenji - 05-12-2015

They also tend to stick to living in the Twelveswood and often don't show themselves to outsiders. Most common-folk don't even know they exist, and those that do have likely never seen one. Those that do often consider it good luck (I think? Baderon seemed quite happy when he saw one in the Postmoogle quest chain...). Those with the Echo can apparently see them, though.

Plus side, the King Moggle Mog fight shows that they can do any of the combat classes in the game decently enough, so there's that! But this is what I mean - there's a lot of information that is helpful to know that is presented in the game itself. Heck, there's probably a lot more little lore tidbits that I can't even recall at the moment.

You just might find it hard to RP without the knowledge that comes from playing the game itself... or reading up a lot on the various wikis.

(05-12-2015, 01:01 PM)Accurator Wrote: ...So uh, what is all that stuff?

Stuff about the world this RP takes place in - the land of Eorzea on the planet Hydaelyn. Where Louisoix channeled the power of the Twelve to stop Bahamut after he was freed from the false moon Dalamund. Where Miqo'te, Lalafell, Elezen, Hyur, and Roegadyn all try to make a living.

I may be confusing you by throwing in-game term after in-game term, but there is a whole established world with ample lore in place that we are RPing with. And it's all pulled from the MMO Final Fantasy XIV. I can only image it would be very hard to understand what is going on without having actually played the game yourself, or have done extensive research.

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-12-2015

Some additional background information of the game. (Lots of 1.0 scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyfMnmXNioAopCP77sg-g

Finding the current ones from 2.0-2.55 is a little harder, as they're all sorta split everywhere.

If you've got a gaming computer though, there is a 2 week free trial (and large download) that can help get your feet wet for what the world looks like.

There's also a PC benchmark/character creator with a little information and a way to see what some of the people look like Smile

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Accurator - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 01:13 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Some additional background information of the game. (Lots of 1.0 scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyfMnmXNioAopCP77sg-g

Finding the current ones from 2.0-2.55 is a little harder, as they're all sorta split everywhere.

If you've got a gaming computer though, there is a 2 week free trial (and large download) that can help get your feet wet for what the world looks like.

There's also a PC benchmark/character creator with a little information and a way to see what some of the people look like :)

Looks like this is, as I expected, a HUGE rpg game... And FFTA already looked pretty long... 

Quote:Plus side, the King Moggle Mog fight shows that they can do any of the combat classes in the game decently enough, so there's that! But this is what I mean - there's a lot of information that is helpful to know that is presented in the game itself. Heck, there's probably a lot more little lore tidbits that I can't even recall at the moment.

So I can just be a moogle? Great :P

(05-12-2015, 01:22 PM)Accurator Wrote: Looks like this is, as I expected, a HUGE rpg game... And FFTA already looked pretty long...

It's a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG game (MMORPG). So, basically, like World of Warcraft or Everquest but with Final Fantasy elements instead.

And, roleplay-wise, you can totally be a moogle! They aren't a race you can actually play in the game itself, but nothing's keeping you from playing one in forum posts and the like.

So, before I make my bio, what is critical to know? Is there like, a certain wiki page with the most important stuff?

I would look up the general wiki information on FFXIV itself, and then stuff on FFXIV's moogles.

(05-12-2015, 01:55 PM)Accurator Wrote: So, before I make my bio, what is critical to know? Is there like, a certain wiki page with the most important stuff?

It gets a little tricky because a lot of the core information is scattered throughout the game.

For moogles, I'd recommend the 1.0 Gridania opening, 2.0 Opening, and anything you could find on Good King Moggle Mog XII.

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Warren Castille - 05-12-2015

Consider the following: You're asking for a quick summary of a game that's been around since 2010 in some form or the other, with multiple different factions, motives and concepts.

To put it another way: Real quick, what do I need to know to RP in FFTA2?

There's no fast answer, unfortunately! I can recommend the wiki page here (also reachable from the WIKI tab at the top of the screen) and looking at the Races, Places and Factions pages. The Lore pages will also be a help (these are all on the left-side of the wiki).

...Wait, moogles FLY in FFXIV? And... They use instruments.. And stop time? And always have their eyes closed......?

(05-12-2015, 03:32 PM)Accurator Wrote: ...Wait, moogles FLY in FFXIV? And... They use instruments.. And stop time? And always have their eyes closed......?

The time-stopping might have been the work of something else, but yes.

They're pretty different from the moogles the tactics universe.

Theres so much to fill in the bio template, too. And I don't even know what moogles are in FFXIV... Maybe I should just, like, choose another race?

Ultimately? It's up to you. Nothing wrong with playing a moogle, and it would certainly be a unique character to interact with. The "playable" races all have their own lore and quirks and even naming conventions! So, really, with how you're approaching this... it'd all be about the same.

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Accurator - 05-13-2015

I made some weapon proficiency stuff for my bio, dunno if there's anything else I could put in n stuff... Could someone check it, maybe give some feedback n stuff?

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kupmo_Kapp#Weapons

Also put in some crafting skills.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kupmo_Kapp#Crafting

Hmm, anyone have an idea for magic? ...Do guns always use magic?

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Accurator - 05-13-2015

So, I kinda forgat what the word for something is while working on my bio... I'll just post my terrible description of it here, can someone tell me what it's called?

"The robe doesnt have a hood, but instead has a large... (google has no results at all. I'll just decribe it.) ...Thing at the back neck part, like, yknow, a classical vampire has on their suit-thing. I'll probably put the name here later. Anyways, this... Neck part thing is not that large. It's a few centimetres long, 3 or so. It should look pretty fancy, I guess."

RE: Hey, um, im new n stuff. ... - Max - 05-13-2015

A high collar?