Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cliche RP Elements - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cliche RP Elements (/showthread.php?tid=76)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Eeam - 07-25-2010

Eeam is going to be a cliche, or rather, a parody on your basic boyscout. I haven't worked out the details just yet (nubRPer lolo) but I plan on him being overly chivalrous and heroic. Somewhat naive in the way the world works and perhaps maybe a little bit arrogant regarding his own strength. He's really going to get on the last nerve of those brooding grim/dark antiheroes. XD

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Aveline - 07-25-2010

Quote:There is a past, but its a foot note instead of the whole. His real life begins in-game.

Yep that's exactly how I'm viewing Aveline's, too. Her past could be considered interesting (there are definitely some interesting characters in her life), but she's just a bartender until the game starts and then she really starts to see challenge and combat, etc., etc.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Goliam - 07-25-2010

Eeam Wrote:Eeam is going to be a cliche, or rather, a parody on your basic boyscout. I haven't worked out the details just yet (nubRPer lolo) but I plan on him being overly chivalrous and heroic. Somewhat naive in the way the world works and perhaps maybe a little bit arrogant regarding his own strength. He's really going to get on the last nerve of those brooding grim/dark antiheroes. XD

Lawful-Stupid character?

I approve, I approve whole-heartedly.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Axl - 07-25-2010

Eeam your idea is gold! haha, its really great.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Gavriel - 07-25-2010

Aveline Wrote:
Quote:There is a past, but its a foot note instead of the whole. His real life begins in-game.

Yep that's exactly how I'm viewing Aveline's, too. Her past could be considered interesting (there are definitely some interesting characters in her life), but she's just a bartender until the game starts and then she really starts to see challenge and combat, etc., etc.

Who knows what will happen at the tiny desert oasis of Al'Mian Tongue

Re: Cliche RP Elements - sassaroth - 07-25-2010

True , you don't get to see many overly sex driven cat women, unless you are staring in a batman movie.

*Sigh*

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Keland - 07-25-2010

To hit on a few of the topics: (Sorry I just read every page of this thread.)

When I was playing WoW we had one member of my guild that was always getting kidnapped and needed rescued. By the third or fourth time it happened people were like, "So and so got kidnapped again. Do we go get her? Okay fine but this is the last time!" I mean come on people, use your imagination and stop repeating the same old thing over and over again.

As far as using the same character every time I sort of do but only in namesake. I usually use Keland or some other form of the name depending on what sex, race, etc they are. As far as their personality they are different from each other.

RPing a relationship is very time consuming. I personally do not recommend doing it, having done it a handful of times. Also, if the relationship goes sour, for whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 you and that person don't talk much again.

I never go by the time established in game. If that were the case your character would get old really quick. Not to mention all of the other things mentioned her already.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Eeam - 07-26-2010

Keland Wrote:To hit on a few of the topics: (Sorry I just read every page of this thread.)

When I was playing WoW we had one member of my guild that was always getting kidnapped and needed rescued. By the third or fourth time it happened people were like, "So and so got kidnapped again. Do we go get her? Okay fine but this is the last time!" I mean come on people, use your imagination and stop repeating the same old thing over and over again.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmwiJTIiRS4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmwiJTIiRS4</a><!-- m -->

Re: Cliche RP Elements - sassaroth - 07-26-2010

DAISHI Wrote:Mine is struggling with a psychosis that allows him flashes into other dimensions or (so he thinks), lengthy periods of amnesia (during which he may or may not be assuming an alternate personality that unleashes his violent madness in murderous ways), and battles against a may-or-may-not exist demon (that may or may not be the manifestation of his guilt for a vast genocide he -perhaps- accidentally committed) through decades of time in which he barely seems to age.

So yeah Smile

Oh Diashi, remind me to try not to mess with you, mentally that is.

Mine might have mild brain damage from a lightening strike, or did it just wake him up to life like anear death experience? Comical yet sad.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - DAISHI - 07-26-2010

Well if anyone has seen or read The Maxx they know what Sin's mind is like.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Axl - 07-26-2010

I hate character's that are overly special. "they have been alive for 3000 years and are the chosen one, but they have amnesia so they think they are young and they are extremely skilled in combat, and have the power to destroy the world, they have crystal inside their body that is the key to the univer- LET ME BE THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!!"

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Monadi - 07-26-2010

ALL THE PLOTS MUST REVOLVE AROUND ME.

Seriously. They must. Laugh

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Tadir - 07-26-2010

My characters tend toward middle to upper middle class working folk. Usually travelers, but nothing terribly special. I always found it fun to be the regular guy around all the super powered immortal highlander vampire demon bat wolves. My favorite character of all time was a bartender in SWG. That's it. She had never left correllia, much less be a galactic hero. No fighting skills, just made damn good drinks.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Goliam - 07-26-2010

kimiji Wrote:My characters tend toward middle to upper middle class working folk. Usually travelers, but nothing terribly special. I always found it fun to be the regular guy around all the super powered immortal highlander vampire demon bat wolves. My favorite character of all time was a bartender in SWG. That's it. She had never left correllia, much less be a galactic hero. No fighting skills, just made damn good drinks.

Glorious normalcy.

It's rather funny to me that normal characters are the rare and interesting gems in the world filled with people who can shoot lightning out of their arses.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Axl - 07-26-2010

I shoot lightening out of my NOSE thank you very much. The majority of cliche's come from the younger crowd, its usually always coming from the people who watch bleach/naruto (crappy anime in general) who want to immitate it.