Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=12174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Fox - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:14 PM)Xnath Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 01:04 PM)Jezikhana Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 08:31 AM)K Wrote: I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable. A company that right now, ranks only slightly above EA Games, called Activision-Blizzard, recently had an expansion launch for their crap game World of Warcraft. Far as I know, it went off with no issues. But one thing they do have, and have had forever, is if you already have a character on a server, you are allowed to make alts on that server regardless of the server being closed. SE wont even do that!

Oh I wouldn't say that. Blizzard had the same type of problems with the high pop servers at their launch. It was a mess just as crazy as this on. I was there. It sucked.

No I can confirm that war craft and it's launch of WoD was a god damn nightmare. You may not get to make extra alts but I would suffer that lock out versus not getting in for nearly a week and being dc'd in a matter of minutes and bugs galore with a new feature that was pathetic at best.

Plus SE has it so all characters can do all the classes and jobs and crafts without a problem so in theory the lockout with creating alts is understandable.

I can confirm as well. WoD was difficult. And to be rather honest this has been so much more smoother than ARR release and by far better than Aion which was absolute horrible.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Gegenji - 06-19-2015

So, curious status update - are there still errors and issues logging in now? Or is mostly just queues and lag and stuff at this point? I'm only a couple hours away from joining in the fray myself and I'd really like to know if there's anything I should be worried about or looking out for. Blush

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Griffith! - 06-19-2015

From what I've seen it's queues and lag, but I can't access Ishgard yet, so who knows how congested those areas are right now. (My guess? Very.)

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Magellan - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:14 PM)X Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 01:04 PM)Jezikhana Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 08:31 AM)K Wrote: I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable. A company that right now, ranks only slightly above EA Games, called Activision-Blizzard, recently had an expansion launch for their crap game World of Warcraft. Far as I know, it went off with no issues. But one thing they do have, and have had forever, is if you already have a character on a server, you are allowed to make alts on that server regardless of the server being closed. SE wont even do that!
Plus SE has it so all characters can do all the classes and jobs and crafts without a problem so in theory the lockout with creating alts is understandable.
From SE'S perspective it makes perfect sense. The problem lies in... given the way the game allows you to be any class, who would need alts?

Rpers of course. Combine the fact that there was no official rp server designated, AND rpers settled on Balmung, one of the most populated servers, and you end up with disgruntled people :p

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Fox - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote: So, curious status update - are there still errors and issues logging in now? Or is mostly just queues and lag and stuff at this point? I'm only a couple hours away from joining in the fray myself and I'd really like to know if there's anything I should be worried about or looking out for. Blush

I've heard there are queues, but not ones that will make your eyes bleed out your skull. However I expect that once prime time starts around mm...2pm PST it'll be even busier.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Valtiere - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:34 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 01:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote: So, curious status update - are there still errors and issues logging in now? Or is mostly just queues and lag and stuff at this point? I'm only a couple hours away from joining in the fray myself and I'd really like to know if there's anything I should be worried about or looking out for. Blush

I've heard there are queues, but not ones that will make your eyes bleed out your skull. However I expect that once prime time starts around mm...2pm PST it'll be even busier.

I've logged in and out a few times this morning and the longest queue I've had was about 30 people. So, its a lot better than the last launch. >.> I missed all of the shenanigans this morning though.

(06-19-2015, 01:42 PM)Sukegei Himaa Wrote:

I've logged in and out a few times this morning and the longest queue I've had was about 30 people. So, its a lot better than the last launch. >.> I missed all of the shenanigans this morning though.

I'm glad to hear it. Though I do think prime time will be a bit harder. Though not nearly as bad as ARR. I was there for that so I recall. Lol

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Gegenji - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:58 PM)Foxberry Wrote:

I'm glad to hear it. Though I do think prime time will be a bit harder. Though not nearly as bad as ARR. I was there for that so I recall. Lol

As long as I can get in and start doing things, I'll be happy. Whether it's just Fantasia'ing Judge or taking a bite of the HW MSQ on Gogon. Preferably managing both. Blush

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Ha'uruh Nunh - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 02:35 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 01:58 PM)Foxberry Wrote:

As long as I can get in and start doing things, I'll be happy. Whether it's just Fantasia'ing Judge or taking a bite of the HW MSQ on Gogon. Preferably managing both. Blush

Even I eventually finished my download and got a couple hours of play, so you're probably good.  Areas are congested but instanced, so it's not so bad.  People gripe a lot.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Mercer - 06-19-2015

Did the server die or is it just me?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-19-2015

It's dead Jim.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - shotgunbadger - 06-19-2015

Nope I just got crashed too

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Telluride - 06-19-2015

Hm.. Data center's acting up again?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - TheLastCandle - 06-19-2015

It was too smooth! Something was bound to go wrong at some point.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Nero - 06-19-2015

WHY AM I IN MEATSPACE AGAIN, PUT ME BACK INTO THE MATRIX