Hydaelyn Role-Players
No </3 Roegadyn female? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: No </3 Roegadyn female? (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Rinh Hallani - 08-21-2013

Here's my blind-in-one-eye Roe, Burning Ash. Like a volcano, she's patient and quiet but watch out if you anger her!

[Image: tumblr_mrqz8h6JMH1szazabo1_1280.png]

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Cato - 08-21-2013

I can't help but raise an eyebrow in slight confusion when reading some of the responses to this thread. There's a handful of posters who seem to be implying that their character is not conforming to the conventional beauty standards that are often forced upon us by most forms of mainstream media and entertainment.

Yet many of those same individuals seem to have took steps to ensure that their character is stunningly beautiful. I'm reminded of how blood elves were bashed back in WoW for looking 'too pretty' and yet the majority of orc and troll females used the one face that could be considered quite attractive by comparison to the others available.

Granted, 'beauty' itself is a pretty complex thing and tastes can differ vastly between a handful of different people. I find it quite interesting, even if I have no intention of playing a roegadyn of either gender - I'm quite content to stick with my hyur highlander since he'll be more in proportion and better fits the character archetype I typically invest in.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Naunet - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 03:29 PM)Theodric Ridgefield Wrote: I can't help but raise an eyebrow in slight confusion when reading some of the responses to this thread. There's a handful of posters who seem to be implying that their character is not conforming to the conventional beauty standards that are often forced upon us by most forms of mainstream media and entertainment.

Yet many of those same individuals seem to have took steps to ensure that their character is stunningly beautiful. I'm reminded of how blood elves were bashed back in WoW for looking 'too pretty' and yet the majority of orc and troll females used the one face that could be considered quite attractive by comparison to the others.

Heh, I've been thinking the same thing. Personally I'm not playing Roe because their noses bother me, but I certainly still think they qualify as "attractive", for the most part (not the guys though - not to big on the steroid-pumping man-meat thing).

(08-21-2013, 03:29 PM)Theodric Ridgefield Wrote: I can't help but raise an eyebrow in slight confusion when reading some of the responses to this thread. There's a handful of posters who seem to be implying that their character is not conforming to the conventional beauty standards that are often forced upon us by most forms of mainstream media and entertainment. Yet many of those same individuals seem to have took steps to ensure that their character is stunningly beautiful.

Well, there's conventionally beautiful and there's beautiful despite convention. I don't know who in particular you were referring to but mine is certainly not conventionally beautiful, nor do I try to claim she is stunningly beautiful. I find her attractive myself but I'm quite aware many people will not and that is perfectly fine by me. There is far more to her than her appearance after all.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Naunet - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 03:34 PM)katattax Wrote: Well, there's conventionally beautiful and there's beautiful despite convention.

Roe may be more muscled, but they still have that idealized hourglass figure - and with the number of Roe I've seen around in-game and on forums who have maxed out the chest slider, I think "conventional" beauty is definitely still an appeal for this race. Their faces are more chiseled, but they're otherwise massive humans.

(08-21-2013, 03:50 PM)Naunet Wrote: Roe may be more muscled, but they still have that idealized hourglass figure - and with the number of Roe I've seen around in-game and on forums who have maxed out the chest slider, I think "conventional" beauty is definitely still an appeal for this race. Their faces are more chiseled, but they're otherwise massive humans.

Hah, it's funny you say that because I purposefully set the bust on mine to 20.

For the sake of clarity I'd just like to point out that my earlier post wasn't meant to target anyone in particular, it was more of a general statement since it's a debate and scenario I've seen emerge in pretty much every MMO that I've played.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Aleister - 08-21-2013

I have always prefer characters that are either human or orcs(If they have it) in almost every mmo. That is just me, I feel more comfortable RPing with those races but I will for sure be making a male Roegadyn alt for roleplay.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Dogberry - 08-21-2013

Eh, wibbley wobbley, sexy wexy.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Salty Lake - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 03:50 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-21-2013, 03:34 PM)katattax Wrote: Well, there's conventionally beautiful and there's beautiful despite convention.

Roe may be more muscled, but they still have that idealized hourglass figure - and with the number of Roe I've seen around in-game and on forums who have maxed out the chest slider, I think "conventional" beauty is definitely still an appeal for this race. Their faces are more chiseled, but they're otherwise massive humans.

Hah! I maxed out the bust slider because I wanted to make her look my heavy-set. She actually does in the mage armor (yay).

(08-21-2013, 04:20 PM)Aleister Wrote: I have always prefer characters that are either human or orcs(If they have it) in almost every mmo. That is just me, I feel more comfortable RPing with those races but I will for sure be making a male Roegadyn alt for roleplay.

I tend to stick to playing either a human or an elf in most MMO's, though there's a few exceptions here and there. The elves in this game aren't terrible, but I prefer my elves to be a lot grittier and distinct in both their culture and appearance (to a lesser extent) without simply feeling as though they're just humans with long ears. Try as I might, I just can't see myself playing a roegadyn. Even if it isn't intentional they simply come across as being larger than average humans which tends to be my issue with many of the 'big' and 'small' races across numerous MMO's. I found the norn of GW2 to be appealing in terms of their culture, but their representation in the game itself just came across as a tad too goofy and out of proportion for my tastes.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Macey - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 03:29 PM)Theodric Ridgefield Wrote: I can't help but raise an eyebrow in slight confusion when reading some of the responses to this thread. There's a handful of posters who seem to be implying that their character is not conforming to the conventional beauty standards that are often forced upon us by most forms of mainstream media and entertainment.

Yet many of those same individuals seem to have took steps to ensure that their character is stunningly beautiful. I'm reminded of how blood elves were bashed back in WoW for looking 'too pretty' and yet the majority of orc and troll females used the one face that could be considered quite attractive by comparison to the others available.

Granted, 'beauty' itself is a pretty complex thing and tastes can differ vastly between a handful of different people. I find it quite interesting, even if I have no intention of playing a roegadyn of either gender - I'm quite content to stick with my hyur highlander since he'll be more in proportion and better fits the character archetype I typically invest in.

I don't think anyone intends to make ugly characters. Unless they have that specific purpose in mind. I think the appeal of the female Roe is that of rp'ing a mature woman versus a young girl, which most of the other races seem to depict. I for one set out to make a fierce and intimidating look. One that speaks confidence and aggression both physically and sexually. Some people don't like this in their females and instead choose the more normal cute and chaste look/demeanor.

Bold and sexy is the look for me. Especially with a name like Size Queen Laugh

[Image: ud6e.png]
[Image: aevy.png]

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Luka - 08-22-2013

I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get my hellsguard on Balmung as it was full and was only able to get her on gilgamesh server. I already have a "traditional name" picked out (I really love Burning Ash btw! Wish I came up with that one!) for mine already. I'm honestly thinking about maining my Rogedyln instead of my elezen as, they just look more -unique-. 

Who cares if we want to play a pretty race? To me, the Rogedlyn ARE the pretty race. I love the curves they have, because I have curves. And yes I wanted a more busty race (guilty!) Miquote have ridiculously the same size breasts and well let's face it, not all ladies have the same.

I love mine with blue/black hair. Especially the long hair styles are much more appealing then I think the Miquote's or Elezen which is seriously lacking to me. I wish they had more selection but at last they don't. While I think the naming for Hellsguard is a  bit odd, it's growing on me. There isn't much lore known about them or the races, which I wish I could read up on more but I suppose we have to learn as we go.

:/ I wish I knew more about them. For some reason I think Hellsguard will be more popular then the Seawolves. Not sure I could be wrong.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Rinh Hallani - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 12:12 AM)Kaloki Wrote: I already have a "traditional name" picked out (I really love Burning Ash btw! Wish I came up with that one!) for mine already. 

Thank you! :3

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Jules - 08-22-2013

I'm not sure wether or not she'll be my main or an alt. (Missed the beta!)
But here is the Roegadyn lady I conjured up in the char creator.

[Image: PVmBm0X.jpg]