Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=12174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Rosamund - 06-19-2015

Managed to make an Au Ra alt and log in. Now I'm too scared to log out and try to get in on my main.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Chris Ganale - 06-19-2015

Got in. Standing up by Steel Vigil and assembling my crew so we can take a commemorative screen before we launch into the expansion.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Aaron - 06-19-2015

In a que. 85 people. 

Remember if you afk for 30 minutes you get auto logged people!

IM IN!

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Nero - 06-19-2015

Servers have normalized. There's a queue, but people on Balmung should be able to log in to their character now.

BE FREE MY CHILDREN

FLY HIGH IN THE SKY

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Cailean Lockwood - 06-19-2015

I'm in, but the Mog Station still tells me I have no characters on my account, so can't namechange yet. :/

Edit: FINALLY! Got the name I wanted. Big Grin

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Dogberry - 06-19-2015

GATHER ROUND CHILDREN LET ME TELL YOU A STORY

I have an Amazon Prime account! It's convenient, most of the time, and it lets me watch the pilot for The Man In The High Castle over and over and over. So I ordered Heavensward on Amazon thinking "Oh yeah, prime members probably get stuff first, blah blah blah ONE CLICK PREORDER THAT SHIT!"

So I waited for my early access code. And I waited. And then learned that the policy was that early access codes were not going to be sent until closer to today. So this morning, I wake up at 5 o'clock and enter my code. It's invalid. Perplexed, I do some fiddling around with things. Find out that the code they gave me registers me for the Heavensward itself. Cool! Got that out of the way! But it doesn't get me into early access. Amazon hasn't sent those codes out yet.

So I looked up some MORE stuff and found that I can get fox urine - yes, bonafide, genuine fox urine, delivered to my house TODAY by 9 p.m. this evening. WHAT A DEAL! AMAZON PRIME IS AWESOME! I can order FOX URINE right now and get it today. I can pre-order a game and fail to get an email.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Kellach Woods - 06-19-2015

1) I am so glad I'm working today.

2) At least I can retouch my Au Ra.

3) Why let all these poopsocks go to waste refresh like mad and forget to bathroom.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Gegenji - 06-19-2015

Is it bad of me that I'm feeling less and less bad about not taking today off, given we have ten pages of people mentioning all the errors they're getting trying to get in? I'm still eager for the work day to be over so I can get home and try to play, but I'm also hoping that all the initial Early Access issues are also ironed out within that same time-frame. Blush

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Griffith! - 06-19-2015

Yeah, I can't even use the new content, so I feel kind of double screwed by all the issues.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Martiallais - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 07:48 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Is it bad of me that I'm feeling less and less bad about not taking today off, given we have ten pages of people mentioning all the errors they're getting trying to get in? I'm still eager for the work day to be over so I can get home and try to play, but I'm also hoping that all the initial Early Access issues are also ironed out within that same time-frame. Blush

Nope. I'm sitting here, having my morning tea and a really good laugh over this thread.

But I still <3 you all. Cool

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Ha'uruh Nunh - 06-19-2015

I still don't even have the patch downloaded.  14 hours and counting.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Kailia - 06-19-2015

To say I am annoyed is an understatement. 2am, I login. Lobby server error. Tried again, lobby server error. Again, finally character selection screen! bam, lobby error. Okay once more! Got to character selection screen, so far so good. Clicked create character, load up my raen. Select the namesday, the guardian, class. Oh look! Balmung is open! Enter name... "Unable to obtain world data" what?!

It doesn't remove me from that screen, it shows the world still open and my name is still in there. I just try again... same error. 6 more times then I start thinking "Don't tell me..." click refresh world list. Balmung is closed. 

I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable. A company that right now, ranks only slightly above EA Games, called Activision-Blizzard, recently had an expansion launch for their crap game World of Warcraft. Far as I know, it went off with no issues. But one thing they do have, and have had forever, is if you already have a character on a server, you are allowed to make alts on that server regardless of the server being closed. SE wont even do that!

Then come to find my characters on the lodestone are missing. Lovely. What is SE thinking?! When it comes to game developers they are way above the 2 big nasties in the industry, yet they don't put money they most definitely have, into making sure the launch allows people to make their characters let alone actually login?! Just so infuriating that they may actually force me to make my alt on another server and fork over $18 just to transfer the character to my home server. Ridiculous!

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Ignacius - 06-19-2015

Last weekend, I was on vacation.  In fact, I didn't come back until Monday.

On Tuesday, I had band practice.

On Wednesday, I had to stay late at work.

Finally had time to play yesterday... and the servers were down.  I played Diablo 3 instead.

Tonight, I have a band gig.  I've got another Saturday afternoon.

I didn't even bother to pre-order because I just figured my life would get in the way.  I'm always rewarded when I bet that way.

See you people on Gilgamesh on... Saturday morning?  Sunday?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Tokki - 06-19-2015

Hey is anyone's game crashing constantly in Ishgard? I'm not sure if my laptop can't handle it or is it is just too congested. ._.;

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes, Rants, and Praise for Heavensward - Mae - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 07:34 AM)Dogberry Wrote: GATHER ROUND CHILDREN LET ME TELL YOU A STORY

I have an Amazon Prime account! It's convenient, most of the time, and it lets me watch the pilot for The Man In The High Castle over and over and over. So I ordered Heavensward on Amazon thinking "Oh yeah, prime members probably get stuff first, blah blah blah ONE CLICK PREORDER THAT SHIT!"

So I waited for my early access code. And I waited. And then learned that the policy was that early access codes were not going to be sent until closer to today. So this morning, I wake up at 5 o'clock and enter my code. It's invalid. Perplexed, I do some fiddling around with things. Find out that the code they gave me registers me for the Heavensward itself. Cool! Got that out of the way! But it doesn't get me into early access. Amazon hasn't sent those codes out yet.

So I looked up some MORE stuff and found that I can get fox urine - yes, bonafide, genuine fox urine, delivered to my house TODAY by 9 p.m. this evening. WHAT A DEAL! AMAZON PRIME IS AWESOME! I can order FOX URINE right now and get it today. I can pre-order a game and fail to get an email.
I pre-ordered from Amazon too, and I didn't get my early access codes yet either.

Come to find out (and this information came FROM SE, not Amazon)... SE didn't start giving Amazon the early access codes until this morning. On Amazon's side, they're hoping to have everything sorted and sent out by this afternoon.

As for the fox urine, that's used to repel rodents from gardens and storage sheds.