Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gilgamesh and Balmung are never accepting new characters - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gilgamesh and Balmung are never accepting new characters (/showthread.php?tid=9966)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gilgamesh and Balmung are never accepting new characters - CarlSwaygan - 02-05-2015

I've been waiting for them to let me in for over a week now. Is there any RP on other servers or should I just trade this game in for something else?

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Enla - 02-05-2015

Gilgamesh tends to open really, really early in the morning for me. Like 2-3 am PST early. As for Balmung sadly it's even rarer and I had to transfer my first character over to even get in. It opens wide immediately after the scheduled maintenance times are over though, so if you can wait till the next one that might work.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - CarlSwaygan - 02-05-2015

wait you can TRANSFER characters?!

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Oilbasedoleander - 02-05-2015

Yes, you can transfer your character. That is how I got into Balmung since it was never open for business. The fee is 18 US dollars, I believe? It was worth it for me. But that is up to you. 

: )

Yes, go to the Mog Station website they have up and it should be under additional services. It does cost money however and there are conditions before you can transfer. Like the character being over three days old, etc.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Sophia_Grave - 02-05-2015

If you're willing to wait a but longer, all the servers tend to open up shortly before and after maintenance.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Vanyris - 02-05-2015

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how frequently maintenance happens? I missed it on the 28th, sadly, and since then I've been staying up til 5-7 AM PST hoping to get into Balmung with no luck whatsoever. Coming from WoW, it's strange that I'm actually disappointed when maintenance isn't weekly.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Rosamund - 02-05-2015

I believe it used to be weekly but I really don't know now. I have a friend trying to get in as they also missed the last maintenance, but looks like they have to transfer instead...

Edit: There's an emergency maintenance tomorrow!

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - T'shina - 02-05-2015

Also to note for the transfers, you can transfer all the characters you want for that $18 fee. No additional.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Gwen - 02-05-2015

You just have to check at the right times. Around 10-11am in the UK, and 4am-ish in America they tend to open, wouldn't expect to have that luck on weekends though since people stay up late and such.

I've got seven characters there now, always seem to be able to get the next whenever I need it.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Du'lance Fiourtune - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 12:58 AM)CarlSwaygan Wrote: I've been waiting for them to let me in for over a week now. Is there any RP on other servers or should I just trade this game in for something else?
Just out of curiosity, you would really trade the game in over that?
This is just my 2 cents, but if so, I don't think even being on Balmung will save the game for you.

(02-05-2015, 09:13 AM)Miraak Nunh Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 12:58 AM)CarlSwaygan Wrote: I've been waiting for them to let me in for over a week now. Is there any RP on other servers or should I just trade this game in for something else?
This is just my 2 cents, but if so, I don't think even being on Balmung will save the game for you.

Ehhh, if you bought the game specifically after hearing about it's great RP communities then I'd understand whole heartedly. For some people that does come before everything else and can be a major selling factor. That said if you don't enjoy the gameplay no amount of RP will ever be worth it, especially since the amount of purely cosmetic gear in this game is small and insanely expensive. Which means grinding for money is a must.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Du'lance Fiourtune - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 09:18 AM)Cylin Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 09:13 AM)M Wrote:

if you don't enjoy the gameplay no amount of RP will ever be worth it, especially since the amount of purely cosmetic gear in this game is small and insanely expensive. Which means grinding for money is a must.
This here is what I was referring toSmile

But anyways, back on topic: I eventually just paid for the server transfer. It's only $18.00 and so worth it in my opinion. I'm glad I went that route, if not, I'd still be waiting I'm sure.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Gwen - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 09:13 AM)M Wrote:
I could say the same if my RP stopped.

Everything I do in game is for RP, doesn't mean I don't enjoy doing it. But I only level if there's gear I need, and only earn gill for buying what I need to enhance RP.

RE: Gilgamesh and Balmug are never accepting new characters - Steel Wolf - 02-05-2015

For the sake of mental health, I'd advise to do the paid transfer if at all possible and feasible. It's the best way to get into Balmung without having to suffer the archaic server design that SE have put together, which is apparently a server farm built completely out of mochi and tatami mats.