Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! (/showthread.php?tid=9848)

Pages: 1 2

Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Kurt S. - 01-29-2015

*Name changing and server transferring my poorer than shit 40 BLM. Kat/Fem!Kurt is a carbon copy of her. Which probably means Kurt's gonna be back as dude some time soon! Which means I want to at least ICly run CB, Sastasha, or Qarn HMs ICly at least once.(Quick! Someone call the department of redundancy department!) Because I don't want to let down the people who are on board with my other connections request thread. The whole turn Kat back into a dude arc.*

Enter Ramona Spencer, an aspiring thaumaturge and weaver who was involved in an accident that has left her comatose for the better part of a year and erased her Free Company clean off the face of Hydaelyn. Small wonder why she wasn't buried yet. Okay so her parents, an old couple, almost buried her before she woke up and blasted through her casket, leaving the coffin a smoldering ruin smelling of astral fire. 

Her parents were so happy that she was alive that could have died. Okay so her parents did die, what with believing their only daughter to be a zombie who can still bend aether. I'm almost sure the fear and shock drove them both to cardiac arrest and Ram, in her panic, did not think to use the Physick spell that was in the back of her head somewhere. But that's beside the point. She's not exactly aware that she was the cause of death but has since rationalized it to be Hydealyn calling her parents back or something. 

Of course that was nigh a year ago as well. 

Now, after accepting that she's pretty much on her own in the world, she's looked to refreshing her studies in Aether manipulation. Namely, how to turn a lush green countryside into small patch of burning wasteland with the least amount of effort required. She has exhibited bountiful aether in the past but the two years...a little over two years she spent dormant has her conditioning to re-adjust her body and tolerance to be a fit thaumaturge once more, ready to burn fields and make a few orphans here and there. Of course she's not averse to making friends too. 

Quite the loose cannon with her eyes glued to the shine of gil. 

Though despite her looking for work she's not about to go joining another organization yet. She's still kinda afraid that she might well... *ehem*botchabigspell,getintoacoma,indirectlywipeoutsaidorganization*ehem*

tl;dr
-LF Friends. (wow that sounds lonely XD)
-LF Aether mentor.
-LF Weaver mentor.
-LF Someone who can tell me moar about Thaumaturgies and their relation to Aether.
-LF Some link I can read up on Thaumaturgies and their relation to Aether.
-LF A job or work or a contract or gil. 
-LF Input on the ridiculous(?) backstory to see what I should retcon, add, edit or make even more ridiculous.

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Jack - 01-29-2015

Jack is always there to help ya! Jack is very bored. Jack gets lonely. But Jack is ready.

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Kurt S. - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:18 AM)Jack Wrote: Jack is always there to help ya! Jack is very bored. Jack gets lonely. But Jack is ready.

Jack should also help Kat try to brave Qarn or at least tell her what to expect. But I guess Ramona would also share a converastion or two with the guy, he seems like a traveled sort of person who knows things...GIL MAKING THINGS.

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Jack - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:41 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 05:18 AM)Jack Wrote: Jack is always there to help ya! Jack is very bored. Jack gets lonely. But Jack is ready.

Jack should also help Kat try to brave Qarn or at least tell her what to expect. But I guess Ramona would also share a converastion or two with the guy, he seems like a traveled sort of person who knows things...GIL MAKING THINGS.

*Gasp* Jack is an innocent, poor soul! Very poor! Also we can't have two tanks in there! Unless you have a pre formed party. Jack is a strength build after all, good deeps.

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Kurt S. - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:54 AM)Jack Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 05:41 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote:

*Gasp* Jack is an innocent, poor soul! Very poor! Also we can't have two tanks in there! Unless you have a pre formed party. Jack is a strength build after all, good deeps.
Delicious deeps.

Oh yeah if I can find someone who could make 40 BLM gear for Ramona I'd be grateful. (Special offer for Nako: Make the gear, add Rammy to the YTC and I'll sink in 150k of her 200k into the coffers)

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Desu Nee - 01-29-2015

Ququiki is always on the Quicksand after wandering the Desert for odd jobs, she could easily Ramona friend, after all they both share their love for gil!

(01-29-2015, 11:40 AM)Desu Nee Wrote: Ququiki is always on the Quicksand after wandering the Desert for odd jobs, she could easily Ramona friend, after all they both share their love for gil!
Well then if they get into lucrative businesses they can split the profits 98-2 Ramona's way because she's feeling generous XD

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Desu Nee - 01-29-2015

Cue silent frown and leaving the Quickdand Cool

(01-29-2015, 12:17 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: Cue silent frown and leaving the Quickdand Cool

Aaand there goes her first potential contact...wonderful.
Laugh

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Sounsyy - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:10 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: -LF Someone who can tell me moar about Thaumaturgies and their relation to Aether.

Kay, so I've got a couple links for you from some previous posts of mine where I've compiled some details about Thaumaturges and whatnot. Hopefully this helps! ^^

-Aether, Ceruleum, and Thaumaturgy Lore
-Ossuary vs Milvaneth Sacrarium Lore

Lemme know if you have other questions!

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - MrPoopyButtHole - 01-29-2015

Pyralis is always looking to give out contracts and split the profits with people (cause he's lazy). Contracts vary from research, guard duty, shady things, etc. Feel free to drop me a line anytime~

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Jig - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:10 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: -LF Aether mentor.

My character is actualy a teacher so you can always contact Professor Jigumundo Darkbore from University of Aether for some tutoring Wink

(01-29-2015, 12:48 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 05:10 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: -LF Someone who can tell me moar about Thaumaturgies and their relation to Aether.

Kay, so I've got a couple links for you from some previous posts of mine where I've compiled some details about Thaumaturges and whatnot. Hopefully this helps! ^^

-Aether, Ceruleum, and Thaumaturgy Lore
-Ossuary vs Milvaneth Sacrarium Lore

Lemme know if you have other questions!

I'll go over them when I wake up tomorrow. Thanks again for the lore Sounsyy! Big Grin

(01-29-2015, 12:51 PM)ForbieJD Wrote: Pyralis is always looking to give out contracts and split the profits with people (cause he's lazy). Contracts vary from research, guard duty, shady things, etc. Feel free to drop me a line anytime~

How much are we talking about here? The kind of work isn't as important to her as the amount of gil paid at the end of the day. Cool

(01-29-2015, 12:55 PM)Jigumundo Darkbore Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 05:10 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: -LF Aether mentor.

My character is actualy a teacher so you can always contact Professor Jigumundo Darkbore from University of Aether for some tutoring Wink

How much is this going to cost her? Though the tutoring is very attractive, if it helps her incinerate things faster. Big Grin

RE: Thaumaturge-in-training for hire or looking for a mentor! - Jig - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 01:03 PM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: How much is this going to cost her? Though the tutoring is very attractive, if it helps her incinerate things faster. Big Grin

Nothing at all. :3

(01-29-2015, 01:04 PM)Jigumundo Darkbore Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 01:03 PM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: How much is this going to cost her? Though the tutoring is very attractive, if it helps her incinerate things faster. Big Grin

Nothing at all. :3

Now that is the kind of price Ramona both likes and is suspicious of XD