Hydaelyn Role-Players
Salutations - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Salutations (/showthread.php?tid=9836)

Salutations - Kestrael - 01-28-2015

Hi, everyone.
I am new to FFXIV as well as FF in general. I wasn't aware there was a role play community when I began a couple of weeks ago at the behest of a friend. While trying to find more racial information I came across your forum.

The majority of my RP experience comes from Ultima Online private shards and some forum play. 

I have currently made a character on Gilgamesh (as of this morning!) but am hoping to luck out and find Balmung open. I haven't fleshed out the background or all the details yet, as I am still doing my research, but she is a Roedagyn Sea Wolf marauder (I know that is pretty stereotypical but it felt safest while I learn the ins and outs of this world). 

Also, I play on a PS4 and do not currently have a compatible keyboard. Do people utilize the on-screen keyboard for role play? It seems like it would slow down the interaction considerably.

I welcome any information or suggestions and hope to be in your world soon.

RE: Salutations - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-28-2015

Welcome! "May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: Salutations - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-28-2015

Oh another PS4 user! Welcome to the club!

The in-game keyboard serves it's purpose, but only just barely..
to me it feels awkward and clunky, hard to use. Like most other in-game keyboards.

What I would recommend is getting yourself one of those cheap $20.00 USB wireless keyboards and just using that. It's so much better and I would say close to a must, for RP gameplay.

If you ever make the move to Balmung, feel free to look me up!
Character name is same on here!

Have any further questions feel free to PM me on the forums here.
Newer myself but may be able to help with some "Newbie Friendly" advice.

RE: Salutations - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-28-2015

^this.

For the most part, the PS4 should be pretty good at compatibility. A lot of the cheaper logitech ones seem to get the job done.

RE: Salutations - Jijinji - 01-28-2015

I play on PC and PS4 and if you use a keyboard on the PS4 version there is almost no difference at all if you set it up right. If you know how to use the in game keyboard you'll be fine. A lot of role playing I've seen is at a slower pace because people take a while to type anyway so you should be fine.

RE: Salutations - Desu Nee - 01-28-2015

Heya, I'm also new here, from today even! I'm just waiting the end of maintanence and a spot on Balmung! She will be a Thaumaturge Refuge Lalafel, pm me if ya wanna set some stuff!

RE: Salutations - Faye - 01-28-2015

Hello there, welcome to FFXIV and the RPC! It's good to have you here! \o/ I hope you can make it onto Balmung soon; feel free to say hello when you do!

RE: Salutations - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

Welcome to the RPC! Lemme know if you have any lore questions you need help with! ^^

RE: Salutations - Kestrael - 01-28-2015

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! You are very kind. I will try to keep my questions to a minimum but I am sure I will have some for you all.

M'iraak Nunh: Good advice, I will look into getting one as soon as I can. I would feel more comfortable on an actual keyboard than the in-game version. I will definitely try to run into your character if/when I get in!

Desu_Nee: Yay newbies! I too shall be camping the maintenance tonight. Hopefully we are both successful.

Edit: I was able to create Kestrael moments before the server went down so hopefully I will get to see some of you lovely people tomorrow!