Hydaelyn Role-Players
Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) (/showthread.php?tid=9833)

Pages: 1 2

Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Kage - 01-28-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6e3b0e4f864f77d0b10ab6b39369f9043a691c62

Free login weekend coming up!

1/30/15-2/2/14

Patch 2.5 has ushered in a multitude of new adventures in the realm of Eorzea. In the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FFXIV: ARR has to offer, we are pleased to announce the upcoming Free Login Weekend!

If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!
≪Free Login Weekend Overview≫

Users meeting the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn free of charge during the upcoming weekend:

Eligibility

Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV and whose service account is set as inactive during the campaign period.
*Please visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to confirm the status of your service account.

Event Schedule

From Friday, January 30, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, February 2, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)
* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV: ARR is required to continue playing after the event period.

Client Download

If you have yet to install the game, please download the official client software.
(http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)

Don't miss out on this chance to experience Eorzea in all her glory!

Most of us here won't benefit but if someone didn't re-subscribe because of payment etc this may help you at least see a few things~

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Warren Castille - 01-28-2015

RIP PVP queues and server stability.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Telluride - 01-28-2015

May we ask, I wonder, for a little attention to server stability in the expected rush, considering the frequently queued and locked nature of Balmung?

(01-28-2015, 02:10 PM)Telluride Wrote: May we ask, I wonder, for a little attention to server stability in the expected rush, considering the frequently queued and locked nature of Balmung?

We may, and we may also be summarily ignored for whatever reason. Though, if what I'm seeing on other boards is the norm, it's not just Balmung that eats dirt during the big days. Seems to be a universal problem.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Kage - 01-28-2015

The likely response = silence or "no"

I'm honestly always getting a login queue in primetime now. It's a sign that more people are logging into Balmung than before (like say September). A couple of months ago... no login queues after they fixed them other than the DDOS/other attacks.

Now I frequently see queues.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Telluride - 01-28-2015

I'm in agreement with both of you gents. The queue is still not especially long - a few minutes, really, for me, at prime-times - but it is there more than I remember it, yes.

However, I am trying to look at this from a different perspective now. We all REALLY want to know how the Expansion is going to hit the game world, with everyone making new classes and Au Ra, and perhaps letting people in for a free weekend is just the test we need to know how it might impact the server. Because, if we're going to have total chaos, I'd rather know NOW, THIS weekend, instead of after I've paid my money for the Expansion, and can't even get in to play.

(Wildstar Beta tester flashbacks ensue)

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Kage - 01-28-2015

I'm suddenly getting visions of how friends have described the 2.0 launch to me and I'm worried as hell.

Telluride brings up a valid point that I'll be +1ing as soon as I post this: With the expansion on the horizon, and new content recently put out, it's entirely possible this is simply stress-testing the existing hardware in order to find out how to best go about prepping for the launch. Those of us who played at 2.0's dawn remember how horrible things were, and while they improved around this time last year, it feels like we've been on a slow slide back to misery.

I can't go one night without WTFast showing me the hundreds of dropped packets, even if I'm just idling in the Goblet or mining in North Thanalan. That's not normal. I'm frequently getting the "dropped combo" problem, too, where you press 1 and 2 never lights up, but you press 2 and then it forgets that's a combo and you don't get to combo Halone and hey, I didn't want to tank anyway, good luck guys.

It's dumb to be optimistic with SE at the helm, but it's possible this is preplanning.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Berrod Armstrong - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 02:29 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Telluride brings up a valid point that I'll be +1ing as soon as I post this: With the expansion on the horizon, and new content recently put out, it's entirely possible this is simply stress-testing the existing hardware in order to find out how to best go about prepping for the launch. Those of us who played at 2.0's dawn remember how horrible things were, and while they improved around this time last year, it feels like we've been on a slow slide back to misery.

I can't go one night without WTFast showing me the hundreds of dropped packets, even if I'm just idling in the Goblet or mining in North Thanalan. That's not normal. I'm frequently getting the "dropped combo" problem, too, where you press 1 and 2 never lights up, but you press 2 and then it forgets that's a combo and you don't get to combo Halone and hey, I didn't want to tank anyway, good luck guys.

It's dumb to be optimistic with SE at the helm, but it's possible this is preplanning.
...I started using Pingzapper and the improvement has been stupidly good. Unreal. WTFast didn't cut it for me. 

Anyway, I can only hope this is preplanning as well. Or maybe a measure to show the big boys 'HEY. WE NEED THIS AND THIS AND THIS. PLEASE GIVE SO WE CAN MAKE MORE MONEY'. Hngh.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-28-2015

RIP my connection, though I'm excited to see who might rise from the grave and say hello over that weekend.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Ritual - 01-29-2015

Login queues have never been a problem for me, the game has this weird "I actually don't care cut in line." type a thing, if I see a queue I just quit out of said queue and quickly choose a character to login with and poof, game loads and I'm in, always worked, I have zero knowledge as to why it does. Try it next time a login queue comes up, I'm sure I'm not the only one that can do it.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Cato - 01-29-2015

I can't recall ever having a queue that was more than twenty players. It might be a bit higher during the upcoming weekend but I'm not too worried. It's likely that if character creation is locked then the bulk of trial players will just go elsewhere.

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Aduu Avagnar - 01-29-2015

dont bring back the memories of 2.0 launch.... *war flashbacks*

those were dark days indeed

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Ashren Dotharl - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 07:17 AM)Nako Wrote: dont bring back the memories of 2.0 launch.... *war flashbacks*

those were dark days indeed
[Image: Final-Fantasy-XIV-Error-03.gif]

[Image: iyF0aFY0poJG5.gif]

[Image: bEs8TtP.gif]

RE: Free Login weekend (Patch 2.5) - Aduu Avagnar - 01-29-2015

I think the best things to come out of that were the Free Compant tags based on the error codes XD