Hydaelyn Role-Players
[SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call (/showthread.php?tid=9824)

[SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Tyo'li - 01-27-2015

Hello! I'm new to ffxiv-roleplayers.com, but a long supporter of establishing, by popular choice, Siren as a third and not-overpopulated roleplay server. It is very slow going by word of mouth, as many new players will search 'where to roleplay on ff14' and find only Balmung and Gilgamesh.

Which, as any new players know, are both constantly filled and unforgiving for creating new characters. 

Please do not consider this call poaching; roleplayers should see each other as a family with like interests; this is a call for help to perhaps reinvigorate your longtime characters with new ideas.

Would you ponder making a new character on the NA Siren server? If so, please do so, and contact myself (Tyo'li Tayuun), Ceres Wyld, Alistair Fry, or Ryukeihei Chikara in-game! We're all holding the same goal in mind, and many of us head full LS's of roleplayers that simply are not aware that people can simply sit down in the main cities, /em out, and -roleplay-. It's not done here, as it is on the legacy and overfilled servers, and so many new roleplayers here simply don't realize it's OKAY.

Let me know your thoughts on this! Again, feel free to contact any of these people in game! Let's help FF14:ARR grow together, and make more room for roleplayers! Ahoy for the revolution!

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Salinas - 01-28-2015

... W-Why did you make this thread the week I'm transferring over to Balmung. ૮( ᵒ̌▱๋ᵒ̌ )ა HOW DARE YOU!!!

Good to see that it wasn't a rumor though. Bless you guys trying to make RP happen in the other servers.

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-28-2015

I voted #3 just because I want to watch the forums burn.....

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-28-2015

I think it's important to note that RP on other servers has never been rejected/discriminated against. ...there's just not the same level of RPer concentration on them since so many people flocked to Balmung and Gilgamesh. 

I think some good could come from maybe designating a third unofficial server, based around servers that are typically open 100% of the time. sure, the population may be small at first, but it never hurts to have pockets of RP everywhere~

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - SessionZero - 01-28-2015

I wholeheartedly support the creation of a third RP server to alleviate the stress of Balmung's current server lock woes, and would love to help facilitate the flourishing of RP on Siren. 

I'll make a new character there when I have some free time and I'll get in contact with one of you to see how I can help.

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Tyo'li - 01-28-2015

I'm so glad that people are interested in this! There's actually a huge underground RP base that's just waiting to explode, but they're all just that-- underground. Many of them are afraid to really just stand around and emote at people, probably because they're worried they'll be made fun of or sumsuch. 

Also, I have no idea how to make the poll visible. Sad

(01-28-2015, 06:45 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I think it's important to note that RP on other servers has never been rejected/discriminated against. ...there's just not the same level of RPer concentration on them...

I wonder if maybe they're coming from less friendly environments; I know there can be some really toxic communities on MMO's and MMORPGs, so maybe that's why?

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Salinas - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 06:45 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I think some good could come from maybe designating a third unofficial server, based around servers that are typically open 100% of the time. sure, the population may be small at first, but it never hurts to have pockets of RP everywhere~

Mhm! It'll definitely help out in the long run. Who knows? If Siren manages to get a decent amount of role-players, it might become the third server~ It'll start off small, but wasn't it like that for both Balmung and Giglamesh at first?

Baby steps are important!!

Tyo'li Wrote:I'm so glad that people are interested in this! There's actually a huge underground RP base that's just waiting to explode, but they're all just that-- underground. Many of them are afraid to really just stand around and emote at people, probably because they're worried they'll be made fun of or sumsuch.

Pfft. That's so silly! Understandable, but silly. Who cares if other players make fun of you? Role-playing is supposed to be fun! Besides, just /em the bullies back by throwing a popoto at 'em. (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Xenedra - 01-28-2015

These options seem a little bit one sided (two-sided if you consider the troll option XD). No one's forcing you to come to Balmung or Gilgamesh, though for the most part, I believe the consensus is that we would *like* to see you on our servers because we would *like* to roleplay with you. You're a big kid and you can form a community where ever you want and you already seem to have support, so do it Big Grin!

(01-28-2015, 07:39 PM)Xenedra Wrote: These options seem a little bit one sided (two-sided if you consider the troll option XD). No one's forcing you to come to Balmung or Gilgamesh (...) you can form a community where ever you want and you already seem to have support, so do it Big Grin!

I tried to be sarcastic with the options ><", figuring someone who was for it would think it a 'duh' option and someone who was against it would also be like 'pft duh, obvious'. The last one was just for silly Sad

But I have been trying, for a while Smile. I'm finally starting to find real support though, and am taking steps to involve the -rest- of the RP community. 

The reasoning behind coming to the FF14 RP website was... well, obvious. I'm a roleplayer, and want more roleplayers to consider Siren! Unfortunately there is no Siren subforum, and I have petitioned for this to the webmasters to consider. 

It's less of a 'just do it' and more of a 'I can't do it alone.' Dazed

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Ralixtanner - 05-29-2016

I know I'm late to the game but how is Siren doing as of late? I've seen posts about faerie and so on. however i was on the Siren website not too long ago, didn't see a website for the others. so is siren the new up and coming RP server since Balmung is always full. I'm still on the character creation screen waiting to get some sort of concrete news on the other servers RP.

(side note: I'll be active during the summer months, i'm currently on the free trial because i want to see if it is worth the 13/month, and whether i should PC or PS4, so after 14 days from today I wont be on for a while since I'll be ensuring my funds are together for me to play during the summer <already have some set aside, but things happen, and i cant predict the future>)

RE: [SIREN *gasp*]General Role-players Call - Cithramir - 06-05-2016

(05-29-2016, 11:26 AM)Ralixtanner Wrote: I know I'm late to the game but how is Siren doing as of late? I've seen posts about faerie and so on. however i was on the Siren website not too long ago, didn't see a website for the others. so is siren the new up and coming RP server since Balmung is always full. I'm still on the character creation screen waiting to get some sort of concrete news on the other servers RP.

(side note: I'll be active during the summer months, i'm currently on the free trial because i want to see if it is worth the 13/month, and whether i should PC or PS4, so after 14 days from today I wont be on for a while since I'll be ensuring my funds are together for me to play during the summer <already have some set aside, but things happen, and i cant predict the future>Wink

I second this, whatever happened to this as I still have a few characters on Siren and actually willing to move back to it if RP is becoming more viable there.