Hydaelyn Role-Players
Away From Game for a While - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Away From Game for a While (/showthread.php?tid=9820)

Pages: 1 2

Away From Game for a While - Melkire - 01-27-2015

Apologies in advance to everyone who roleplays with me, who has me involved in their plots, is involved in my plots, and so on and so forth.

I own a single computer. An ASUS G73JW laptop. The first fan died a while back. The second one died on Sunday, and thermal paste or no thermal paste, the computer can't run FFXIV now without overheating and shutting off within a few mere minutes. Hell, it can't even last ten minutes while idling.

tl;dr: I'll be away from XIV on an unwilling hiatus until such time as I can either affect repairs or else get around to building the tower I've wanted for a while now.

<3 you all, hope to be back in-game soon. 'til then, I'm still around on the forums here.

RE: Away From Game for a While - Aya - 01-27-2015

MISS YOU OSRIC!

Come back soon! :-]

RE: Away From Game for a While - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-27-2015

...that be done. And probably easily.

(I had a G51-VX)

If you need help looking for parts, a lot of the Asus ones are usually on ebay and some other weird online shops. 

I'd replaced the fan, thermal paste, thermal pads, ram, chassis (stole from a G50VT), lid/hinges (stole from a different G50VT) on mine. ...good times. Putting that poor thing through hell. It still boots up with and runs at boiling point.

edit: on that note, if you need an emergency computer that could handle RP but not PvE, this could be arranged

RE: Away From Game for a While - Roen - 01-27-2015

I will plot happily in your absence. Angel

(I jest, it is YOUR plot... really... Come back soon!)

RE: Away From Game for a While - TheLastCandle - 01-27-2015

That bites. :< Hope you get up and running soon, Os!

RE: Away From Game for a While - C'kayah Polaali - 01-27-2015

1. Steal Allagan technology from Red Wings researcher - check!
  2. Join larger Red Wings plot - check!
  3. Spread rumors concerning relationship woes between C'kayah and his mate, Osric - check!
  4. Foment distrust between the Sultansworn and the Flames - check!
  5. Sabotage Osric's laptop to enforce his absense. Twice. - check!
  6. ...
  7. Profit!

RE: Away From Game for a While - Cliodhna Eoghan - 01-27-2015

oh dear.... o.0 that's not good at all.
hope you can get upgraded soon.

RE: Away From Game for a While - Kahn'a - 01-27-2015

Nuuuuuh, we'll be missing you dearly, jaw-friend. ; ;

RE: Away From Game for a While - Oscare - 01-27-2015

Osric won't be around? Let's throw the wildest parties to celebrate!

Hope you get your computer fixed/built soon, bud.

RE: Away From Game for a While - Pumpkinweed - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 05:17 PM)Melkire Wrote: Apologies in advance to everyone who roleplays with me, who has me involved in their plots, is involved in my plots, and so on and so forth.

I own a single computer. An ASUS G73JW laptop. The first fan died a while back. The second one died on Sunday, and thermal paste or no thermal paste, the computer can't run FFXIV now without overheating and shutting off within a few mere minutes. Hell, it can't even last ten minutes while idling.

tl;dr: I'll be away from XIV on an unwilling hiatus until such time as I can either affect repairs or else get around to building the tower I've wanted for a while now.

<3 you all, hope to be back in-game soon. 'til then, I'm still around on the forums here.

Dammit!

Just as I return. You and I have business to attend to... PUMPKIN business. Get that comp' fixed ASAP! Take care until then. Thumbsup

RE: Away From Game for a While - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-28-2015

...Have hope. The laptop below is only composed of only 3 100% organic Asus laptops.
and a bluray burner I found for cheap. >_>

[Image: eYCUTiL.jpg]

[Image: XnnASFx.jpg]

RE: Away From Game for a While - Chillsmack - 01-28-2015

Unnamed, go to Melkire and fix the laptop so we can all get back to the Carrion Underfoot plot :-p

RE: Away From Game for a While - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-29-2015

(01-28-2015, 10:36 PM)Chillsmack Wrote: Unnamed, go to Melkire and fix the laptop so we can all get back to the Carrion Underfoot plot :-p

I want to. So. Bad. 

...I even found the fans online.

RE: Away From Game for a While - Desu Nee - 01-29-2015

I remember one time my computer fan broke and it overheated to 130 celsius without me even noticing until it started to smoke.

I still don't know how the computer didn't turn into goo right there and now.

RE: Away From Game for a While - Melkire - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 01:26 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 10:36 PM)Chillsmack Wrote: Unnamed, go to Melkire and fix the laptop so we can all get back to the Carrion Underfoot plot :-p

I want to. So. Bad. 

...I even found the fans online.

I'll be on Skype today. Gimme links.

-grabby hands-