Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of The Fury - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Celebration of The Fury (/showthread.php?tid=9784)

Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-24-2015

[Image: HHeWWIv.jpg]

Hand bells ring out, echoing on the rocks outside of Revenant's Toll.

"Do welcome you all here, for coming such a long way, and bringing your own display of strength and diligence to this day."
"Along with you walk those you bring in your memories and hearts, the emotions created by their impact on our lives, the marks of war we all carry."
"This day, like most, we carry them with honor and pride. The peace we enjoy now forged and preserved by war; a high cost for a higher purpose. Today we all walk, showing how we fulfill that purpose. It is truly an honor to be among such."

"Dare some of you are braver in the snow. Watch your feet and keep close together pilgrims. There are guards posted along the route, so do not show fear in honor of The Fury."

Guards lined the small cobblestone path, keeping wolves and the like at bay with their

[Image: 9HVXgM7.jpg]

The pilgrims keep the hands up, ringing bells loudly over the wind, a clear sound to follow despite the lack in visibility. Along they trekked, heads up and spirits high, to Monument Tower.
The stone building was vast inside, the hearth in the center making the interior warm, a stark difference to the weather outside.

[Image: 0nGWL56.jpg]

"Huh... guess it's bigger on the inside." "Still warm?" "Yes! I'm quite toasty." "Good! I was worried you might get cold without a hat and scarf."
"The locals? They'll love anything that distracts from the cold and the wyrms." "The winters of the Twelveswood are no so unlike Coerthas."
Malisette returns the smile and gives a slight incline of her head. "Perhaps leave the seats for others. I'm fine to stand."

Tristanaux smiles faintly to Kale, noting, "Some of the High Houses feel more strongly than others." "Which 'ouse is it that ain't mind workin' with adventurers?"
"And we are fortunate enough to be in the demesne of House Haillenarte at the moment. And it is House Fortemps of whom you think."
Kale nods in thanks for the question being answered, "Heh, I wouldn't know...but cheers..." he gestures to himself, and his chocobo, as if the reason for his oblivion were obvious.

Namaka beamed at all the people, siding up next to one whom she felt might need assistance, should they leave the safety of the tower.

Chachanji asked, "Ya handlin' th' cold akay, Ms. Hat?" Leanne nodded, blinking at the two lalafells.

One of the guards, Alistair asks, "Pardon the interruption but may I ask about if anyone has any injuries from the travel?"

Tristanaux steps closer to the near bench, inquiring of Sinette and Victorique, "If you wouldn't mind me joining you?" "By all means, sir."
Alexander looks over to the cloak individual that sat next to him before he offers them a nod.
Namaka nods to Rina, always giving her bright smile. "It's wonderful, yes!" Leaning in, she whispered not-so-quietly, "I'm protecting this one, but he doesn't know it. Oh! Shh!"

"We are honored this day to have one of Halone's own among us, a priest of well known renown. Sir Mynhier, would you please say some words for everyone here?"

[Image: 2RsO3yZ.jpg]

Erik Mynhier stepped forward, taking the prominent spot on the steps in his clerical robes.
"Ladies and gentlemen.... I am Eirikir Mynhier, Priest of Halone."
"I would impart some wisdom if I may before we begin..."
Cliodhna watches Erik with a soft smile.

"It was the start of the Seventh Umbral Era, and the wrath of the Dragon paused, suddenly and unexpectedly..."

"All around us, it was as if the world were holding its breath.... waiting..."
"All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation. This had the feeling of both."
"It is written in the Enchiridion... 'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way...the war we fight is not against powers and principalities. It is against chaos and despair.'
'Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.'

"I say to you to take hope. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in hope, to be born in moments..... of revelation."

"The Fury Shield you all."

"Let the gathering begin."

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-25-2015

"At that, let us spare no time in presenting Xenedra with our first story. Lady, if you would please."

Xenedra Ambreaus stepped forward, smiling, her scarlet coat glowing in the firelight.

[Image: 8gOv2h9.jpg]

Many view Halone as hard, unyielding, cold, and in many ways they are right.
To truly BE war, of all things, one must be a rock amongst the flurry of emotion and turmoil the word itself invokes. Even those that stand as pillars desire love, though, and so Halone took a lover and his name was Ishgauren.
She gifted him with a spear of great strength. It was a wild thing in spirit, the body of the spear curving in waves, over and around itself in roiling indigo with a spine of red, wings of spattered fire, horns of ebony and then tipped at the lance-head with burning frost.
She thought it a very fine gift, all at once alive and full of a secret passion, like her love for the man she'd taken to bed. We know this spear now as the Gáe Bulg.
The people of Halone's lover were so impressed with him, with the very idea that he could capture the heart of The Fury, that they made him their leader. From then, they called their home after Halone's lover: Ishgard.
Unfortunately for the Ishgardians, one who catches the eye of Halone is sure to have a heart full of War itself, and though he was a just ruler, Ishgauren was blind to simple diplomacy.

The Prince of Dragons had come to call at Ishgard's gates, humble and kind, despite the monstrous visage he presented to the Ishgardians. He'd come, not from the sky, but slithering on his belly, taking every respectful detail into account in his shrewdness, to ask for help.
In truth, the tale is so old now, so shrouded in blood that no one quite remembers what the dragons wanted in the first place.
But before the Prince had even finished his request, King Ishgauren spat at his feet.
"Cannot the Dragons support themselves? Look at you, a great beast and you coming crawling to my people for support? You'll have none of it. My spear will not lead your charge."

He turned from the gate, but paused, turning back to the Prince of Dragons. He considered the beastly monarch for a moment, then hurled the Gáe Bulg, catching the Prince's wings afire. A great roar of loss and torment echoed across still-green Coerthas, bringing a chill to the air, despite the great burning wings at its heart.
"This is only what you deserve for your frivolous demands! So you have come, so you shall go, on your belly, Monster!" Ishgauren cried as the Prince took to the sky, flapping and fluttering for all he was worth for the West.

[Image: vY0EE5V.jpg]

It was too late of course. Once he had landed and had his wings tended to, they were mere shadows of the great eclipses they had once been. His people wept great, giant tears for their Prince, so many, so much that they created the lakes in the West past Riversmeet which we now call Ashpool and Banepool. At the center of Ashpool, the Prince came to rest.

Once the Draconian people had collected their mutual sorrows and tucked them bravely away, the Prince told them of Ishgauren's spear. They had heard rumors of its source and the set out straight away to find the Goddess of War.
It was easy to locate the Goddess. She stood atop a knoll,  blissfully watching a pair of brothers bicker over a girl. Sometimes you just had to get back to the basics.

The Prince was upon her in a moment, pinning her form to the ground with his mass. He curled his neck, bringing his steaming nostrils close to her stoic features and he growling deep in the cavity of his chest.

And she wept. Hard Halone wept.
Not from fear, mind you, but from joy.
In fascination.
In, of all things, lust.

The creature before her was perfect, armor clad and full of a fury so intense, she shook at the feeling of it. Then she wrapped her arms around his horn'd head and kissed his furious snout. The prince was stunned into submission.
"Beautiful creature," Halone spoke then, "tell me your name, give me your love. I must have you for my own."
Stumbling for only a moment, the Prince replied, "My name is my secret, my soul and it is not for you Goddess... unless..."

Halone, like a child, sprang his trap, answering immediately, "Unless?"

"Restore my wings, Goddess, and give me the power to save me people. Give me the power to take vengeance on he who has ravage me so." And he lifted his wait from her and permitted her to stand.
She gasped at the sight of what surely must have been grand wings and tucked her chin in one resolute nod. "You shall have both in one."
Again, out of nothing, Halone wound two wild spiralling spears of passion. These two were red and yellow and all of fire and wing. These were the Gáe Buide and Gáe Derg and she entrusted them to the Prince's secret soul. All at once his wings were ablaze, but with his own fire and with Halone's.

Without waiting for another word from the Goddess, the Prince shot into the sky and toward the city that had shamed him.

[Image: 4zneu6o.jpg]

The war went on for years, is still going on now, in fact, as most of you probably know. King Ishgauren fell early in the battle, his pride not allowing him to leave the front-lines.
His people took his spear and his secret soul and bound them up in holy spells and they still wander the land now in one form of another. Some people call them the Azure Dragoon.

And Halone forever watches the war between her two loves, something of a blushing bride at the whirl of passion and hate between their two peoples. In fact, she was so inspired by their war, their first battle with the gifts she had bestowed, she took their likeness for her sigil: three helixing spears aloft.

Bowing, Xenedra says, "And so is my tale."

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-27-2015

Jancis smiles warmly, looking around at the group. "I am, ah, particularly happy to hear our first song. It is quite an honor to present for you all. Oscare?"
Oscare Iono clears his throat. "I -- uh -- hello." He scratches at his throat. "I've got a song for us all here, it's a pretty fast and short song, so you won't see me up here for very long. But I hope you enjoy anyway."

[Image: Fj21MFF.jpg]

Oscare pops open a case around his shoulder, brandishing a beautiful, reflective, ebony guitar.

[youtube]pSOkN7oRfCU[/youtube]

Oscare starts strumming on the guitar, closing his eyes to focus. After a few practice strings, the man sits down and starts his performance.
"♪ When I wake up bathed in sweat at night and,"
"♪ I cannot tell what's real and where the dreams end,"
"♪My one savior calls my name and gently conquers the storm,"

Oscare starts off strong! His fingers flow smoothly through the guitar, taking a rest before continuing. He opens his eyes to reveal his lively lavender glowing eyes.
"♪ I know there's a safe haven where my prayers are answered, yeah,"
"♪ But we both realize -- that forever will die,"

Oscare hesistates for only a second to continue the song, seeming to collect his thoughts first. He looks expectantly among the crowd... and smiles.
"♪I am gonna be here, right beside you, I'm the one who will never leave you,"
"♪"I will hold on throughout the darkest storm, I am gonna be the one you can count on,"
"♪We've got the power to turn the dark to light,"

[Image: AH179Ab.jpg]

Oscare takes a calming breath, seeming to have gotten over whatever anxiety got him at first. His voice becomes stronger -- a more confident tone.
"♪When I have you by side it feels like I am blessed in a way I've never known, yeah,"
"♪But I know it's not forever, and the day, the good times like sand slips through our fingers,"
"♪And somewhere the reaper's counting out our bells, but it's all right, yeah,"

Oscare stands up straight. Everything about him is purely natural now -- his singing, his motions, his music. He has complete control over his guitar, strumming away.
"♪Though you and I, my friend, we've seen how it ends,"
"♪I am gonna be here till the end, yeah, you and I, till the final breath;"
"♪I will hold on throughout the darkest storm,"

Oscare turns his smile into a grin, took straight forwards and making sure his voice projects in the finale.
"♪I am gonna be the one you can count on, I'm the one who will hold on to you,"
"♪We've got the power to turn the dark the dark to light,"
"♪I am gonna be the oo~~~neeeeee"

Oscare holds the final tone, making one final strum with a smooth finish. A silence followed afterwards, and the man bows.

The group erupts in applause, Jancis stares for a minute, smiling as she claps for perhaps a little too long. "Sorry if that was a little too quick." Oscare says as the crowd claps.
Namaka replies, "Those were lovely words, yes." Tristanaux smiles, nodding in approval. "Ah... there is little as pleasant as song."

[Image: brIb0Fa.jpg]

Oscare puts away his guitar, stepping down the stairs and out the door.

"Oh, 'e's gone..." "... Oscare?" "Didn't seem much for praise."

Coatleque makes a straight face at the hostess. Jancis blinks, noticing Cici's looks. "Ah! Yes!" Recovering, the celebration continues.

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-28-2015

"Master Chuta! Pray delight us with one of your stories."

Chuta Allfriend flicks an ear and looks around. "I suppose I can do that."

[Image: qaT2M7Q.jpg]
Chuta looks around with a guarded smirk, then looks up to the top of the Monument Tower. "Here's hopin' that this time my openin' my trap doesn't get us rained on, yeah?"
Leanne quips quickly, "The rain was enjoyable though..." "'d be more snow than rain though, Ms. Hat." Malisette chuckles quietly, giving a hidden grin.

"Last time we chatted, friends, I talked about Nophica and her hard work and determination. The sort'a 'shoulder to the plow' work ethic that led to good harvests, tended land and bount and sustenance. It came up that day that ol' Nophica and Halone sometimes didn't see... eye to eye."

Chuta looks back up at the ceiling, as if not trusting it. "In fairness, though, that ain't all it takes to care for and provide for people. You and me all have seen hard times as of late, from the threat of war to the question of security. Eorezea all over is beside herself, waitin' for the foot to drop."

"See, for all the good intention in the world, growing corn an' flowers and trees and popotoes ain't gonna save anyone from harm. While Nophica believes in providing for us with hard work, Halone chooses to bless us with cold steel. A fertile field won't deter invaders, but a greatshield will."

"Is it any wonder, then, that Halone watches over Ishgard? It's fitting, tailor-made for the Goddess of Battle to choose to inhabit a place of constant turmoil. Halone is represented by a trio of nasty spears, but she is depicted with a shield. For all her Fury, Halone is protective of us."

"When folks think'a Nophica and Halone, they tend to think of Halone as the aggressor. Nophica's a sweet farm girl and Halone's a warrior, so I suppose that's natural. But it isn't so cut and dry. Imagine if you were tryin' to genuinely protect someone and all those around you just wanted to plow fields and pick fruit all day."
[Image: QgNXZ8t.png]
Chuta casts his gaze around the room and shrugs. "I don't blame her for takin' up the mantle of the ice queen, or letting us associate frost and even cruelty with her. Halone isn't a warmonger. She's not out to get anyone. She just believes that protectin' people is worth all'a that."

"She's the daughter of the Destroyer and friends with the Wanderer. Don't think she's just foolishly picking fights. Halone represents the decision to do what needs to be done to protect folks you care about. It ain't as 'simple' as jus' growin' crops, or watchin' the seas or weighin' scales. She chose to fight, on our behalf."

"I hope she ain't mad at me for sayin' this all, but she shows her love for us all with that sacrifice. She doesn't care what people think of her, or who's side they pick. She knows she's doin' what's right, and that's all that matters."

Chuta pauses for a moment to consider that, his gaze dropping to the fire and lingering there. "We should all be so lucky to have someone willin' to do that for us. So, uh... Thanks, Miss. We 'preciate ya."

Chuta looked to the ceiling for a moment more, then looks back at the crowd and smiles. "Guess she ain't mad."

Chuta tips his head as the crowd applauds him. "Thank you, as always Lord." "Shucks, I ain't got no land, miss."

[Image: PmIhYRD.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-29-2015

"Master Telluride, we are honored to have another one of your songs this day. Please, have the, ah, stage."

[Image: vFpCpz9.jpg]

Nathan Telluride clears his throat. "First, a plea to everyone! I lost something on the trek over, something precious. My favorite snowball. It's been with me for a long time. So, if anyone finds a snowball on the way back, please return it?"

Show Content

Nathan Telluride lifts his lute. "That said... ladies and gents, Halone's not just a figure for veneration and hushed talk - she's as integral to everyday life here in Coerthas as steel and vigor."
"And so, I share with you tonight a piece shared in tavers across these cold lands, of a great victory in what would have been an everyday, mundane event..."
"And It's called, "Caravan."

Nathan strums the lute, to set the key, and his voice drops to a low bass register.

♪It was an Umbral moon, and it would be soon that the caravan set forth;there were wagons as far as a man could see come down from the frigid north. ♪

♪ Around huddled trav’lers and tradin' goods the guards had gathered tight...♪
♪ and the lead lancer prayed to her goddess of war:"Watch over us tonight." ♪

♪'Cause they got a mighty caravan, sliding through the night;♪

♪Yeah, they got a powerful caravan, and ain't it a marvelous sight? ♪

♪Come and join the caravan, and nothin' gonna get in the way ♪
♪ this churnin' caravan until the break of the followin’ day… ♪

♪By the time they got to Camp Dragonhead, they had eighty-five wagons in all... ♪
♪but the drakes were lining up on the hills, Like a writhin', scaly wall ♪

♪Yeah, the Aevis were thick as bees in a swarm, and more were comin' in from the air ♪
♪ but a shout rang out from the lady of war: "Come and get us if you dare!" ♪

Well, the wagon masters drove the Chocobos on, just as fast as those legs could move ♪
♪ and the lancers and the knights-at-arms offered up some points to prove ♪

♪By the time they neared the border, those lizards were in a rage.. ♪
♪ cause they were droppin' down like hunted ducks, thanks to steel and an angry mage ♪

♪But the stars were all gettin' blotted out by wings of massive size... ♪
♪ the Coerthas air was full o' wyrms, and the dragons ruled the skies. ♪

So they hunkered down and went for broke,'Cause there weren't no time for words ♪

♪ You could hear the squawks for miles around as the drivers lashed on their birds ♪

♪ 'Cause they got a mighty caravan, sliding through the night; ♪

♪ Yeah, they got a a powerful caravan, and ain't it a marvelous sight? ♪

♪ Come and join the caravan, and nothin' gonna get in the way.. ♪

♪ Gonna drive this churnin' caravan until the break of the followin’ day… ♪

♪ They crossed the line two bells from dawn, a-headin' into the Shroud; ♪
♪ and the bridge ahead was lined with drakes, and their shrieks were mighty loud.

♪ But their lady of war lifted up her fist, and said,... ♪
♪ "We ain't stoppin' for wyrms tonight! ♪

♪ We’ve blessing enough from the Queen of Ice to take Bahamut in a fight! "Attack!" ♪
♪ 'Cause it was a mighty caravan, sliding through the night;... ♪

♪ Yeah, it was a powerful panoply, and wasn't it a marvelous sight? ♪
♪ So spread the tale o' the Caravan, and on every road and way... ♪

♪ Gonna song about theit victory 'til the next blood judgment day! CARAVAN!" ♪

Nathan Telluride stills the lute, and bows with a flourish. N'shiki exclaims, "Wonderful!" and the crowd applauds. "Hells, that was pretty good!" "Another fine song!" "Lovely song, Master Telluride."

[Image: 7Qexx8t.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 01-30-2015

"Please help me welcome Lady Ameline, one who have a close connection and has come with us to share a story. Lady, please come down and share your tale."
Ameline Valtin bows politely before the gathered assembly, sinking into her coat a bit to adjust to the climate.

[Image: O4WJR0D.jpg]

"Many cycles ago, a wise and learned man once spoke to me of Lady Fury."

"His tale, as rudimentary as it might seem, seems to stay with me in times of strife. Without further delay, allow me to regale you with the tale of Halone’s wolf."

â™ â™ â™ 

"Indeed there were three wolves in that desolate land of cascading ice: The arrogant alpha, the complacent matron, and the wild runt. One snowy sun, the three were hunting when they spied a wandering man in the distance. The arrogant alpha spoke to his two she-wolf companions: ‘We shall let him pass unscathed, for he clearly has no intent to cause trouble in our lands. Let us move on to more suitable prey.’ He suggested."

"The complacent matron replied in kind, ‘Agreed, wise-one. For surely if his kin knew him slaughtered here, they would be oft to return to our refuge to investigate. Surely there is easier game to hunt in these blessed lands of ours.’

"The arrogant alpha looked to the wild runt, 'Ah, but you are small in size and nary a word you speak be suffered by the pack if we deem it necessary.' He responded haughtily. The complacent matron stood at his side, 'Agreed, wise-one. For surely if the runt was to be hearkened to, the gods would have made her large and imposing such as yourself.' she postured."

"The wild runt was sickened by their words, 'You both know not what you speak. There is more to strength than the measure of one's form. I propose a wager: If I best you both, I shall take the place of the pack alpha and make such decisions with impunity.' She crooned, slinking down into a rigid stance of attack.

'Very well, little one. We accept your wager, if not to silence your insolent tongue.' The alpha retorted. 'Agreed, wise-one. For surely if the little one were to learn her place, our pack would be harmonious once again.' droned the complacent matron."

"And so it was that the three wolves tussled violently upon the ice drifts. At its start, the two larger wolves merely sought to wound the pride of the runt. But her demeanor was fierce and her bite was menacing. After the runt had wounded the others, the arrogant alpha proclaimed defeat with a yelping confession:
'We yield, we yield, little one! How is it possible for one such as you, vexed by the gods as you are by nature of your size, to best such majestic wolves as us?' the arrogant alpha panted as he sat on his haunches, matron by his side – equally incredulous."

[Image: D1IA7qP.jpg]

"The runt looked at the two in disappointment, 'Between your love of yourself and her inability to think for herself, 'twas hardly a challenge to best you both. The gods do not vex me on the basis of stature; they curse you both with vacuity.' She took to higher ground, looking over her new kingdom and sat silently as the others licked their wounds."

Ameline continues, "Finally, the wild runt punctuated the silence as she howled in victory before issuing her first decree as the new pack leader: 'Methinks tonight we shall dine well! Go forth and bring the man before me.'
"And so you see, Lady Fury guides the hand of any willing to follow her into the fray with a focused mind and hardened heart. For surely, if you walk with Halone, you run to victory."

â™ â™ â™ 

Ameline bows to the gathering, adjusting her coat once more as she grins and makes her way back to the crowd.
Namaka's ears drooped at the idea of beautiful wolves fighting.. and eating people! Though her smile never wavered, her eyes carried her sadness at the story.  "Maybe Halone is not so nice as I thought."

"Thank you Lady Ameline!"

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 02-01-2015

Jancis smiles, placing her hand on Leanne's shoulder, "I am very pleased to have with us again Lady Leanne to share one of her methodical songs. The floor is yours."
Leanne Delphium freezes in place, clenching her teeth. "Hgnnn..." she sighs deeply, before smiling very embarrassed, taking the bow-harp from her back. Chachanji cheers Leanne on, patting her with encouragement, "You can do it, Ms. Hat!"

[Image: AfBQrUT.jpg]

"B-Before I start...may I say...ever since I began to travel, I saw a lot of different sights, both good and bad..."
"...One of the sights that most impressed me so far, is the zealousness of the knights of the holy see, our ever famous, or infamous dragoons."
Leanne closes her eyes, and starts to weave a melody within the strings of the bow-harp. "This melody, is in honour not only to Halone, but to them...and our world, overall..."

â™ â™ â™ 

Leanne began to sing. Her voice was fierce, and yet pleading.
♪ ...Ninjas, Dragoons and Monks, it's time to rally the armies... ♪
♪ All the troops, grab your weapons, for the time for retribution is nigh... ♪
♪ For all the lies, strife and cries, perpetrated by those who we despise...! ♪
♪ The Primals and it's thralls, voidkins with their gall...We shall slay them all... ♪
♪ By the Halone's might, I call on this night...for the righteous furious smite...! ♪
♪ Paladins, please be our staunch vanguard! Black Mages, bring them down with fire! ♪
♪ Please Bards, inspire us all, As we deliver all our ire! ♪
♪ We shall be the army of Halone! We shall cleanse all of our land! ♪
♪ We shall march, with the Fury at our side. Their decline will be our pride! ♪
♪ White Mages, Scholars, please...Tend us and our crusade. ♪
♪ Our cause is righteous, our will is iron, we shall march and bring the dawn! ♪
♪ Warriors, be our furious front! Summoners, lay curses upon them all! ♪
♪ Oh please my world, inspire us all, As we march to bring the dawn! ♪
♪ We are the knights of the fury! And we shall purify our land! ♪
♪ Garleans voidsents and primals, be afraid as we march forward to bring the dawn! ♪
♪ We shall bring the dawn...we shall bring the dawn... ♪

Leanne finally sighs, closing her eyes as she let the song slowly fade within the walls of the tower. "Like the ishgardians and their own crusade against the dravanians...ours wil be the march of furious retribution...steady feet and sharp eyes shall guide us forward...and under the blessing of the Fury. We will not fail." she bows her head politely, and falls to complete silence.

[Image: MHw89dc.jpg]
[Image: uTftXCY.jpg]

The crowd applauded, Namaka stood and clapped very excitedly. "Splendid and well done!" Jancis leans down again, giving Leanne's shoulders a squeeze, quietly thanking her.

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 02-02-2015

Jancis stands up, looking through the crowd of pilgrims. "Ah! Lady Aya!"
Aya Foxheart looks shocked for a moment, smiling sheepishly toward Jancis, before she moves to ascend the steps.
"It is a honor to have you come so far from the Jewel to be with us this eve."
Aya smiles softly, nodding, "Thank you so much Miss Jancis~ it is a pleasure to be here..!"
Jancis bows her head politely, "I leave the floor to you, though you listen to many tales in the Quicksand, you have your own lovely poem to share this night."
Many faces from Ul'dah look up at the familiar face. Leanne waves shakily to Aya, still trying to settle down her own nerves. Chachanji moves to the side to give Aya some room.

[Image: kkynA9c.jpg]
Aya keeps her soft smile, with a little hint of bashfulness in her eyes, and upon her lips. She glances around the room, carefully slipping the cap from her head and allowing her pony tail fall free.

Aya speaks in her light, Ishgardian accented voice, more calm than excited.  "Good evening everyone - you'll have to excuse me I've just come in from the cold,  I cannot express what it is like to be surrounded by so many warm and friendly faces in this land of winter.  It reminds me of the very best moment of the past few years I spent, as many of you have no doubt guessed, in the towered city not far from here."
"But... I am not a native of this city, so I was raised surrounded by Halone's most faithful, but came to her with the view of an outsider.  Of course, I came to know Halone and everything she represents, and what she means to the city, and people of Ishgard and Coerthas.  I wish to thank Miss Jancis for providing me this opportunity to share a moment of poetry and reflection upon the goddess."
Aya takes in a deep, quiet breath.  Her expression relaxes, as her eyes close for a moment.  As she slowly draws her eyes once more open, she looks out upon the gathered celebrants.  She begins to recite a sonnet from memory--her voice remaining light and slowly measured, as she emphasizes the iambic meter, her gaze moving slowly across the entire crowd.

â™ â™ â™ 
Iceborn goddess, for our own heart's solace,
Renew today this sacred trust that binds
Our towers gleaming, your image flawless.
So they together ever will entwine.

We knoweth thee, beneath our frigid plea;
That you alone command hard frostbit cold
And harken not to warm our land with glee,

But narrow lucent eyes on us to scold.
For what is fear of bidden ice-cold rime
Compared with perils of dragon fire.

Learn thee to face the harshest cold, sublime.
Lest fail yourself the test of time, and tire."
But... as she cloaks our land with bulwark cold,
Shall she our hearts' goodwill and warmth withhold?

â™ â™ â™ 
Aya bows her head for a moment as she finishes, hand balled near her collar as she lets out a slow breath before lifting her eyes to smile warmly once more, "Thank you everyone~"

"Lovely Lady Aya!" Jancis smiles, her head tilting back to look up at the stairs high above her.
"Thank you Miss Jancis~ so much! It has been so long since I have seen snow.  And it has been so worthwhile to find it again."

[Image: CwlKkrx.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 02-03-2015

"And now pilgrims, we shall all close the pilgrimage ceremony with a lovely performance from Lady Ciel."
Ciel Wulfe bows, "Hello, my friends.  So good to see you all gathered here around the fire."

[Image: qDsYNau.jpg]

"Normally I would have a song, but I thought it better as an adventurer and wandering bard to share with you all some personal experience, and a bit of perspective."

"Look around outside this tower and Halone's influence on this place is obvious.  Snow and ice as far as the eye can see, and harsh, bone-chilling winds."
"But there is more than what may be immediately visible."

"Some of you have not seen these lands as I have seen them, and those that have have probably thought back to a time before the Calamity and wondered if we would ever see Coerthas' true beauty again."

"Lush, emerald slopes.  Gleaming mountain peaks.  Gentler winds which stir the trees and sing through valleys deep rather than howling with unbridled rage."

"Aye, Halone may be known as the Fury, and She may be known as Nophica's rival, but the might She brings is not without purpose and there is something beautiful and full of life and prosperity beneath that surface if we look deeper."

"When we look at Her glyph, what do we see but a trinity of lances?  And yet in the tenets of the Twelve, it is said that She also bears a great-shield, and it is this protective side of Halone which is often overlooked."

"Now take another look out there and realize that all of that..." she motions toward the door, "...Is but Her shield.  Her embrace on the land Her people call home; a people born within a cold embrace, but whose hearts and souls burn with the conviction of Her will."

"Beneath this shield sleeps a land most beautiful, one I personally long to see again as I did so long ago.  Halone but waits for the day when the world is again safe enough that She can lift away Her shield, without worry of it suffering further scars."
"And on that most blessed of  days, She may even welcome Nophica to tread upon the land, for the earth never blossoms more fully than after a long winter's slumber."

"Thank you, Lady Ciel. It is truly a blessing."

"My pleasure."
Jancis Milburga looks up into the lofts of the tower, drums starting to sound. As Jancis holds up the hand-bell to signal the ceremony over, a chorus of Halone faithful sing, echoing through the stonework and across the snowy land outside.

[youtube]Ym8JjY4fy-M[/youtube]

"I thank you all for coming this way to celebrate The Fury. Pray give another hand for all our performers, our bards, to Sir Mynhier for being here as Halone's Faithful, for all that spoke their stories and thoughts inspired by Halone."

[Image: Tt1Atd9.jpg]

RE: Celebration of The Fury - Jancis - 02-04-2015

Jancis Milburga: "If you wish for your own blessings of The Fury, Sir Mynhier and Lady Iskierka will be at Her stone to give them. It is cold, pilgrims, but in the winter we show our resolve and strength of character."

Jancis Milburga: "I am moving on."
Leggerless Hanzou: "Lead the way, then."
Jancis Milburga nods.
Jancis Milburga rings the bell, continuing to the blessing point.
Tristanaux Sainterre: I pray you pardon me, Miss Sinette, but I believe I shall venture to the Fury's Gaze.

[Image: QqWzZ7v.jpg]

Kale Aideron: By the Twelve...
Erik Mynhier: Halone, Goddess of Fury, guide me in my actions.
Sinette Leclerc looks around.
Ameline Valtin looks around in wonder at the sight of the inner cave.
Tristanaux Sainterre takes a knee, bowing his head piously again.
Sinette Leclerc: "Never thought a cave like this would be this beautiful..."
Erik Mynhier: This is the place most touched by the Lady of the Shield.... be not afraid here.
Namaka Ebisu beamed, pleased at the people visiting the Lady's stone. Pulling her coat around her tightly, her gaze seemed to age. "Mmm... They'll visit us someday, maybe and perhaps," she murmured, still beaming as she left them to acquire blessings and comfort.
Alexander Gomez looks about, taking in the beauty of this icy surrounding.
Alexander Gomez: The Hyur approached Janis. "Excuse me. If you'll permit me to ask, and pardon my ignorance, but where is this stone of Halone here?"
Jancis Milburga smiles at Alexander, bowing her head politely. Approaching him, she points to the ceiling of the cavern.
Jancis Milburga: "Three spears are Her mark. Though some question their meaning, many do take it to be three virtues of War and Strength.
Jancis Milburga sounds a bit awe-struck, "And determination."
Alexander Gomez follows her fingers and looks up to see a particular stone hanging onto the ceiling. "...Ah,  I see... I admit, I was unsure at first..." He returns his gaze back to Jancis, taking in her words. " Mmm... I see... Thank you for informing me... I'd like to speak with one of the... erm... the people you've said who'll provide the blessings.. before I may share my wishes to the stone itself..." He briefly glances back at the stone before he returns his gaze back to Jancis.
Jancis Milburga: "Of course, Lord. Here, ah, Lady Iskierka is wise; this way."
Jancis Milburga smiles at Oscare, "Forgive me, one moment."
Oscare Iono: "Hello. I just came by to say thank you for--"
Jancis Milburga speaks quietly, "Lady, this Lord would like to hear more of Halone." She gestures to Alexander
Oscare Iono sighs, shrugging. "Well. So much for that." Oscare turns around and marches off.
Iskierka Stormspeaker: That is fine.
Jancis Milburga turns, her eyes curious as she looks around the cavern.

Lan Darklyn: "I have to head back to the estate as soon as I am dismissed. Will you and Ahyin be staying here for now, you two are welcome to sit in or enjoy yourselves at the bar."
Qih Lyehga: " Alright that sounds good, see you soon Lan"
Lan Darklyn smiles and leans in to kiss her softly. "See you soon love."
Jancis Milburga takes a deep breath, looking guilty, then approaches Lan. "We should be well at this point, unless you have need of.."
Lan Darklyn: "Miss Milburga, all of my people have returned to our estate. May I be dismissed?"
Jancis Milburga: "Of course. Thank you for your, ah, service. Be safe and well travelling back. Both of you."
Lan Darklyn smiles. "No need for blessings for me Miss Milburga. And as always it was an honor and a pleasure to help you."

Sinette Leclerc: "...I like you're robes... Jancis, is it?"
Jancis Milburga: "Yes. Yes it is, Lady. Thank you for coming all this way."
Sinette Leclerc: "This was an interesting experience. Thank you for having me. *ahem* May Halone bless you on your endures."
Jancis Milburga bows her head deeply. "Thank you. The Fury keep you."

Amara Elisse: "Lady Jancis, I simply wished to express my gratitude for your organizing of such an event and I greatly enjoyed hearing the history of this land."
Jancis Milburga: "You are too kind; thank you. I am very honored to bring so many brilliant and creative minds together."
Ru Tarkan: "Yes, thank you."
Jancis Milburga: "It looks as if she is free, if you still which that blessing, Lady."
Jancis Milburga: "Do you wish a blessing as well, Lord?"
Jancis Milburga smiles, "You do wear the Flames colors, surely Sir Mynhier would be happy to see you and speak together."
Ru Tarkan nods hesitantly, looking sort of overwhelmed.
Ru Tarkan: "Thank you, ma'am."

[Image: iJfxLo9.jpg]