Hydaelyn Role-Players
I... Erm... Hi! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I... Erm... Hi! (/showthread.php?tid=9780)

I... Erm... Hi! - Enla - 01-24-2015

Blush

I feel a little weird applying to the site when my two characters are still so fresh and I have so much to learn about the game, but I wanted to get used to the community as much as possible from the get go. I currently have two characters on Gilgamesh, both brand new as I'm learning the game, and at the very least plan on transferring one of them to Balmung once I have the funds as that seems to be closest to the defacto RP server. What they will be and what roles they will take are still... Well... Up in the air, but I'm eager to dive in regardless!

I'm not the most prolific MMO player, nor the oldest. My first game was GW2 with several quick stints in F2P games as a friend and I searched for a game to call our own. After that however I really got into the RP scene on Swtor, specifically the Begeren Colony server, and have probably been spending the past few months trying to find another game that I will enjoy RPing in as much as I had that one. I tried LoTRO on the Landroval server, and while I adored it enough to reach max level I was a bit too shy to really jump into the community full hog. I'm hoping that this community will be the right fit, though a bit of lurking has made me fall in love with it already.

As for RP, I'm a medium to heavy roleplayer in that I can roleplay all day without a care in the world, but when I'm questing I just want to be myself and don't bother all that much with strictly roleplaying. I like to keep my roleplay and gameplay separate, unless someone comes up with an idea to fuse the two for an event or character development during a scene - in which case bring it on! In terms of character ideas, I tend to play very - VERY - low level characters that slowly progress in strength, and sometimes downgrade, as the story progresses. Characters like traveling scholars, tavern keepers, and low ranking city guards. I don't know if that will continue here, but that's been my modus operandi for awhile.

All that said I'll probably be on at odd but otherwise long hours due to extenuating circumstances. Cylin and Zahir'ra will also probably be transferred over within the week, though Zahir'ra will probably be remade if Balmung opens before then, and by then I hope to at least have an idea of what I wish to do with them. I really look forward to meeting you all in game!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Barengar - 01-24-2015

Welcome to the site!

I've always heard good things about the RP around SW:TOR, it makes me regret having not been on the proper server during my time there! Also, don't worry about not having worked all the details out for your characters yet. If you're looking for ideas or maybe lore clarifications there are many people in this community that are happy to help!

I look forward to seeing you around on Balmung!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Enla - 01-24-2015

Thank you for the kind welcome! Big Grin

It was a mixed bag, depending upon what community you joined, but I enjoyed it a lot and miss a lot of my characters from that time. It's been months, so I'm not sure if the community I was in on Begeren is even there but if you ever go back I highly recommend trying it out. 

As far as characters are concerned, thank you so much for the helpful advice! I'm trying to wrap my head around terms right now as well as places and it's rather slow going as I play. I saw you guys have an RP forum that has bits of lore posted on it, as well as a character development area, so I think I might just take a few hours and read all I can for awhile. Knowing the community might be willing to help me learn makes me feel all the more welcome here. :3

You as well!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - SilverWolfIMHP - 01-24-2015

Greetings.

Your not the only new player around.  My character is level 15 now.  I'm still learning things but so far so good.  The Community seems friendly I haven't seen any toxicity.

Glad to see I'm not the only newbie. Big Grin
Yeah, I've mostly been lurking so far but this community seems really nice. I'm really feeling like I'll enjoy it here.

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Enzo - 01-24-2015

The Role play Handbook and our wiki is a good guide. Any questions about lore can be asked in RP discussion and if you want to find people to tie your character in with from the get go (as opposed to being stuck in a everyone is a total stranger) situation, then you can go to the making connections thread. I am not new the the community but when I was there was a lot of supportive and enthusiastic role players in the community. That number has only grown. I am sure you can pm most people here and they will help you with anything you need (Even me.)

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Steel Wolf - 01-24-2015

Welcome to Eorzea! Thank you for making me feel old with the "My first game was GW2" thing. XD

I kid, honestly. <3

I'm hoping one of your characters makes the sojourn to Balmung, but I also hope you find lots of connections on Gilgy. There's still lots of RP to be had on that server from what I can tell.

In either case, I hope we get to interact in-forum in some fashion, bar a Balmungian arrival. Hope you have fun! :3

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - V'aleera - 01-24-2015

Welcome! Far from being a bad thing, being a new player and joining this community provides access to a lot of really smart people with a lot of great advice. No matter what you have questions about, be it lore or gameplay, there's plenty of people here who can help you out and give you guidance.

Hope to see you soon in game!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-24-2015

Welcome! "May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Bryn - 01-24-2015

Welcome, Cylin! I hope you make it over to Balmung. If you do, don't hesitate to drop Brynhilde Wulf a /tell! I'm always thrilled to welcome new people to our friendly server. Smile

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Kellach Woods - 01-24-2015

Don't worry - I think the first thing I did when I bought the game was hit up Google and go "FFXIV Roleplay community".

Character hadn't even been created yet or if he was, I'd barely done the opening cutscene!

New, old, it's all good on the RPC bus.

Steel Wolf- If it helps, GW2 was just the first game I bit the bullet for. I'm old enough to remember the first Everquest, sans expansions, being sold at electronic's stores. I just never felt the desire to play an MMO back then. Tongue

Thank you all so much for the amazing welcome! I'm going to love it here, I just know it. How can I not with such an amazing community? Thank you all so much again!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Seye Qhesu - 01-24-2015

A glorious welcome to you! Stale popcorn is fed to Dr. Duck, cheesenips for quests on the table, and wine available at your request!

RE: I... Erm... Hi! - Cocotsu - 01-24-2015

Welcome to ARR ^_^