Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Garlean Convert - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The Garlean Convert (/showthread.php?tid=9771)

The Garlean Convert - SonofNoob - 01-23-2015

I. Basic Info 
[*]

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • I guess I would say Medium. I have only ever RP'ed in online chat rooms, and never on an actual game. I have become bored with the gear grind but i love this game, and i remember having a lot of fun RP'ing

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I am down for whatever so long as its not death i guess. Who wants to die in a fantasy

• Views on IC romance:
  • This actually makes RP'ing more interesting so I'm ok with it

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • As long as I'm not the black sheep in the family!

• Views on lore:
  • The lore of Eorzea is what keeps me coming back.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • I am mostly familiar with chat styles like, *action*, ((ooc)), ect. so if there's an etiquette set up I'll follow it.

[*]

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:East (play time usually between 10pm-3am)
  • Contact info: PM me

RE: The Garlean Convert - SonofNoob - 01-23-2015

((I thought it would be appropriate if I added a bit of back-story))

"My name is Kilkyrie Van'noob and I am a Garlean. I should clarify before you jump to conclusions about at me. My memories of my life before the Calamity are a blur, and to this day are no more a series of tales that have been told to me by strangers. Let me start with what i do know as fact. After the Calamity, I found myself in a region controlled by the Garlean Empire, called Ala Mhigo. There, I was confronted by a man in uniform who addressed me as Van'noob, and placed me under arrest. While imprisoned a man in armor who I would later learn was Van'Baelsar, a Legatus of Garlemald, visited me. He did not introduce himself then but he called me 'Kilkyrie' and said 'it had been a long time'. When I told him I did not know him, and that I remembered nothing, he told me a story about a Legatus who abandoned his charge after he was given orders he did not agree with, and joined the opposition. I was apparently this Legatus, and branded a 'traitor' to Garlemald. Van'Baelsar said I was to be executed the following day, but that day never came. A group of Ala Mhigo highlanders broke me out of prison and whisked me away to a town in Southern Thanalan. 
An older highlander, with graying hair, told me that in order to regain my memories, I would need to meditate in a place of great conflict where the Aether was strongest. At the time, I had no idea what he meant. I was lend to some ruins that i did not recognize, though not surprising considering my memory loss. The Old Mans 'followers' attacked me for what seemed like no reason at all. During this altercation a wave of emotion swept over me and my body began to defend itself on its own. In seconds I was standing alone while everyone was on the ground nursing their wounds. My memories from before the Calamity are lost to me. I did not regain them that day but i did regained something more important, my soul."