Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi from Eva~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi from Eva~ (/showthread.php?tid=97)

Hi from Eva~ - Eva - 03-31-2010

Just wanted to say hi again to those who may have missed my greeting in the thread on the old forum. :o

--What MMORPG background do you have?
I began my MMO experience in the rather broad MUD world of Elanthia (a game called Gemstone III, though now I'm told it's GemStone IV). I was a half-elvan empath and have always had an affinity to healer classes ever since, though I do still miss many of my old GS3 days. After that I left MMO's for a short while to play The Sims Online for a year or so before coming back to a game called Shadowbane which held my interest for about a month. Then Final Fantasy XI was released in the fall of '03 and my new addiction began on Gilgamesh where the original red-haired Dyterium got to a whopping 41DRG before I got fed up with the lack of RP. After about a month off, I found out about a group on Sylph and started my character over there and the rest is pretty much history.

--Is this your first RP experience or are you a veteran?
While this is not my first RP experience, I would not call myself a veteran. I would say I have a good deal of experience though. I briefly played tabletop (a game called Synnabar, never had a chance to get into D&D). I RPed a great deal in GemStone III and then led Crystalline, a successful RP linkshell on Sylph for about 6 years. I am greatly looking forward to continuing in FFXIV with Kes.

--Have you brainstormed any ideas about your character and if so, can you give us a simplified version?
While I haven't settled on anything concrete yet, I'm fairly certain that Kes will be a female Elezen of the Shader clan. I will be adapting my story from FFXI to fit the lore of Eorzaa. Kes is the daughter of the character I played in FFXI, Dyterium. She will probably go by some sort of an alias for reasons I'm keeping to myself at this point. She will probably be some sort of a merchant - I haven't decided entirely what craft she'll take up, possibly weaving or maybe leatherworking if it's an option. I figure she'll probably design garments or somesuch. I'd thought about having her create and sell weapons too, but I'm on the fence with regard to this as well. Additionally, she'll probably take on the role of pugilist or lancer - again more indecisiveness. In the end, I don't have any major plotlines figured out, and she will probably be more of a supporting character than have a storyline of her own.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Zarik/Castiel approached me about organizing all of the RPers from FFXI and a plan to try to get everyone onto the same server.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, casual, moderate, heavy, or something in between?
I am not planning to participate in much in the way of endgame activity in FFXIV unless it can be done in shorter timeframes with fewer people at the drop of a hat - so I will probably be spending a considerable amount of time RPing. I would say heavy RPer.

--Anything from real life you’re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm a 30 year old computer technician (both software and hardware repair mainly) who is also an aspiring author (nothing published yet). I enjoy writing, reading, graphic design, web programming, and I've recently taken an interest in audio and video editing as well and will be looking for opportunity to create music videos using FFXIV footage. Smile

Re: Hi from Kes~ - Eva - 12-30-2010

Holy Necrobump!!

I just figured I'd post a little something to let everyone know I'm back after taking a much-needed sabatical from the RPC forums for awhile to focus on the game itself.

Just wanted to say hey! :approve:

Re: Hi from Eva~ - Eltharian - 12-30-2010

Hey, welcome back! Big Grin

Re: Hi from Eva~ - Trizzip - 01-04-2011

Welcome back Smile

Re: Hi from Eva~ - Eva - 01-04-2011

Thanks guys! :cheer: