Hydaelyn Role-Players
A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) (/showthread.php?tid=9645)

A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Nisasi - 01-12-2015

*Loud yelling can be heard from a distance away, after a few seconds a person falls in through the roof of the forums and face plants through the floor below.*

Overshot it!

*Pattering footsteps can be heard as the OP makes her way back to the thread door, yes this thread has doors.*

Ok! So! As stated in my thread title I am new to FF14, well ok not new I played it ages back when it first came out on the PS3, but gave it up for a time and now am picking it up again. Anyway, I am very interested in getting into the RP side of things in this game. I have already returned to my character on Balmung but I just can't quite seem to break into RP properly for whatever reason.

Hence why I am here! If anyone is able to help me get started I'll be very grateful.

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - SerialX - 01-12-2015

Welcome back, and good luck! 
One request though: Please leave the roof intact in the future. It's going to rain soon.

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Volk - 01-12-2015

It's so daunting to get started! I know the feeling! I will offer a few tips that really helped me to cut my teeth in the community.
  • Create a solid character concept/foundation. Make sure not to pidgeon-hole yourself to one singular aspect of RP or you may experience a nasty lull when things go quiet! Find that fine line between vague and specific!
  • Join an OOC Linkshell or RP-focused free company to help coordinate with others on where to find the RP! PM me if you need a hand with this and I'd be happy to make some recommendations!
  • Find a partner in crime; get to know that character and slowly branch out to their friends, their friends' friends, etc. Doing this a couple of times will help you build a network of characters invested in the progress of your own character!

Regardless of these tips, I'd be more than willing to help! Find Ameline Valtin in-game and add me to your friends list Smile Good luck out there!

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Vysce the Lad - 01-12-2015

Ha! I can see you in the Quicksand right now! That's not such a bad place to start... it's a pretty happening place nowadays.

Welcome back to XIV! Just run up and rp with people! Moogle Everyone here is pretty friendly, y'know, so you don't have to worry.

::gathers tools to fix the roof::

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Anzio - 01-12-2015

I literally just got done RPing with you on Anzio and will be in touch ICly! Tongue

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Nisasi - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 08:38 AM)Anzil Wrote:
I literally just got done RPing with you on Anzio and will be in touch ICly! Tongue
Yay!

RE: A new person hoping to break into FF14 RP (YAY!) - Steel Wolf - 01-12-2015

That entrance reminded me of that Human Cannonball Atari game. <3

I'm usually around at 7pm EST, so if you see either of my characters around, give me a poke!