Hydaelyn Role-Players
I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong (/showthread.php?tid=9608)

I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Zakov - 01-09-2015

I used to play when ARR first launched and used to partake in a lot of roleplay sessions. I decided to play again,  though I've had no luck making a new alt on Balmung. However, it's great that this is happening partly due this huge passion for roleplay. 

I hope you continue being such a strong community and wish you luck on all your Eorzean adventures!

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Maril - 01-09-2015

Thank you for the encouraging words ^^ Good luck with finding the window, just hang on in there, it'll happen sooner or later Smile

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Nester - 01-09-2015

I have yet to find anyone to roleplay with. However, that's probably due to me being low level and not having a lot of time around the hotspots yet. I'm mainly trying to level up at the moment. Hoping I run into some people or perhaps some nice people reach out.

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 04:38 PM)Nester Wrote: I have yet to find anyone to roleplay with. However, that's probably due to me being low level and not having a lot of time around the hotspots yet. I'm mainly trying to level up at the moment. Hoping I run into some people or perhaps some nice people reach out.

Things should get a little easier at lv15 when you have more freedom to leave the cities. If your signature image is up to date, being lv8 means you're restricted to -just- La Noscea, which can be a little quieter in the city. 

The main RP hotspot I've found seems to be in Ul'dah. While there is life around the other cities, it's not quite as advertised.

If anyone ever sees me walking around Limsa (or really, anywhere outside of a Grand Company office), I'm probbaly in-character or can be!

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Aysun - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 12:00 PM)Zakov Wrote: I used to play when ARR first launched and used to partake in a lot of roleplay sessions. I decided to play again,  though I've had no luck making a new alt on Balmung. However, it's great that this is happening partly due this huge passion for roleplay. 

I hope you continue being such a strong community and wish you luck on all your Eorzean adventures!
Meeeeh alts. Just fantasia/name change/transfer if you want. xD

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - Zakov - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 05:09 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 12:00 PM)Zakov Wrote: I used to play when ARR first launched and used to partake in a lot of roleplay sessions. I decided to play again,  though I've had no luck making a new alt on Balmung. However, it's great that this is happening partly due this huge passion for roleplay. 

Meeeeh alts. Just fantasia/name change/transfer if you want. xD
Hahaha, I used my fantasia potion on my Roe and made a catman since I'm so impatient. Walking around with the name Brave Lion is both fitting and unfitting for my Miqo'te. Oh welllll.

RE: I'm glad roleplay is still going strong - C'kayah Polaali - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 04:38 PM)Nester Wrote: I have yet to find anyone to roleplay with. However, that's probably due to me being low level and not having a lot of time around the hotspots yet. I'm mainly trying to level up at the moment. Hoping I run into some people or perhaps some nice people reach out.

You're a Marauder, so you're in Limsa. There are a few linkshells which should help you find RP there:

Open RP, run by the everlovely Nebbs, is probably going to be your best shot. It's a linkshell specifically for finding RP across the world (including Limsa), and the people there tend to be quite nice and helpful.

There's also an unadvertized linkshell called Limsa Event Planning. It's more oriented towards people planning RP arcs, and it's much less active than Open RP, but just checking out the membership roster will give you a list of names of people who RP in Limsa.

And yeah, as Merc mentioned, once you get your airship pass, you can come to Ul'dah and check out the RP scene there.