Hydaelyn Role-Players
New around here! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New around here! (/showthread.php?tid=9533)

New around here! - Vala - 01-04-2015

Hello all! I just rebooted my subscription and I'm rather interested in trying RP this time around, so I found my way over here. Smile

I haven't played very long so I'll just be starting fresh on Balmung. Thinking of having a Hyur Highlander Warrior - I haven't done much RP aside from in D&D sessions, but I had the most fun when I had female fighter-type characters.

I'm still waiting for the game to finish downloading in the launcher, so I'll see you all around once it's done!

RE: New around here! - Faye - 01-04-2015

Hello there, welcome back to Balmung! Looking forward to seeing you around in game! Big Grin

RE: New around here! - Higura - 01-04-2015

Good luck getting into Balmung!

RE: New around here! - Zetchryn - 01-04-2015

Your best bet for Balmung is very early mornings/late nights on weeknights/mornings. That being said, experience with D&D is actually a GREAT start! You should be just fine.

RE: New around here! - Steel Wolf - 01-04-2015

Your avatar looks an awful lot like Ayla from Chrono Trigger. So <3 for that.

Welcome to Balmung and the RPC! Like Zetchryn said, D&D experience will definitely serve you well here in the RPs. If you're around at about 7pm EST, feel free to give either of my characters a poke!

Hope you enjoy your time here!

RE: New around here! - Barengar - 01-04-2015

Welcome back to the game!

I think I've heard the suggestion of using maintenance days in order to sneak onto the servers shortly before they come down by have a character appearance saved in advance. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like it would make sense!

See you in and around Eorzea!

RE: New around here! - Vala - 01-04-2015

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Yeah, I'm having troubles getting started due to the lockout...oh well. I'm hoping late tonight or early tomorrow morning I might have some luck since most people are going back to work/school Monday.

Barring that, does the server transfer still work? I heard it was one way around the restriction...I might plop down somewhere and do some leveling then move if I can't start on Balmung.

(01-04-2015, 01:54 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Your avatar looks an awful lot like Ayla from Chrono Trigger. So <3 for that.

I love that game! It's not her, but it does look like it, doesn't it? Big Grin

RE: New around here! - Zetchryn - 01-04-2015

Server transfer DOES still work! Also, late tonight/early tomorrow is probably a good chance! I've found 7 AM EST to work often.

RE: New around here! - Vala - 01-04-2015

(01-04-2015, 06:47 PM)Zetchryn Wrote: Server transfer DOES still work! Also, late tonight/early tomorrow is probably a good chance! I've found 7 AM EST to work often.

Thanks for letting me know! Here's hoping I get in, one way or another. Smile

RE: New around here! - Vala - 01-08-2015

I decided to go the server transfer route since I can't seem to start a new character there, and got the dreaded 401 error. Sad Should I try to buy Crysta and use that to pay for the transfer? Do I need to wait 24 hours before trying to buy the transfer again? I saw posts elsewhere about lockouts that get applied every time you get that error. I'm using the same card I subbed with and my sub went through fine...not sure what to do.