Hydaelyn Role-Players
Guild Membership - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Guild Membership (/showthread.php?tid=9525)

Pages: 1 2

Guild Membership - Jana - 01-03-2015

For those with adventuring characters or other fighters, and even for those who aren't adventurers since a lot of guilds have a secondary function, do you consider your characters to be associated with any of the guilds IC? What about the guilds for the crafting and gathering disciplines? I think it would be interesting to find other characters that might have guild memberships in common, especially if it leads to more RP!

Jana knows a lot about fighting with different weapons, but the only guilds she has in-character membership with are the Pugilists' Guild and the Arcanists' Guild (Mealvaan's Gate), in addition to the Adventurers' Guild. She didn't spend much time training in the PUG guild IC because she fought in street fights and really just wanted to be able to join the Adventurer's Guild and be able to take a room in the Quicksand, but Jana spent an extended time away from Thanalan studying and working at the ACN Guild.

Where do your characters fit in? Do they only join one guild, maybe not even one with a combat discipline attached?

RE: Guild Membership - Sounsyy - 01-03-2015

I don't think Sounsyy has any membership or affiliation with any of the Guilds. Sounsyy was a Noxius, so she wasn't technically part of the Gladiators' Guild, even though she trained there for years. And she's not an Adventurer, so no membership there. (Oh no better not go to Quicksand anymore. jkjk hehe)

RE: Guild Membership - Adeya - 01-03-2015

Adeya's only a member of one: the Arcanists' Guild. She's been with them for a few years now, and in fact her main reason for traveling to Limsa in the first place was to learn arcanima.

I can also see her having a few ties to the Thaumaturges' Guild (common interests and all), but I don't think she'd ever officially join: thaumaturgy isn't really her main focus.

RE: Guild Membership - TheBlob - 01-03-2015

I play Daphine as a card carrying member of the alchemists', thaumaturges'  and adventurer's guilds.

While she has worked and study with the botanists in the past she couldn't justify the guild dues when she was rarely in Gridania to take advantage of the perks. Tongue

RE: Guild Membership - Aduu Avagnar - 01-03-2015

Nako has been trained at the various guilds of magic, and has taught there, he trains occasionally at the Gladiators Guild, and has dabbled in Goldsmithing from time to time.

membership wise, I view him as a member of the three different magic guilds.

RE: Guild Membership - Jazz Egi - 01-03-2015

Tallera is a begrudging member of the Alchemist's guild. She is not on friendly terms with them, but her superiors wanted her to integrate rather than be a wandering witch. I imagine the guilds of Ul'dah being quite firm on unguilded alchemists, weavers and goldsmiths, especially profitable ones. Blackmail, violence and whatnot are probably a business norm.

She is not in the Adventurer's Guild but often posts leves of moderate worth. (Level 25-30 Battlecraft/Fieldcraft!)

RE: Guild Membership - Titor - 01-04-2015

Titor is quite against the guilds in his fields. 

He sees the arcanist's guild as more of a club, mass-producing grimoires and handing premade geometry patterns to any adventurer that would walk in. 

Kind of the same with the alchemist's guild, but he has a lesser dislike for them than the arcanists' guild. He has little to no preference on the rest at this moment in time since he is not interested in those fields or knows he would not be good at them.

RE: Guild Membership - Steel Wolf - 01-04-2015

Steel is both a registered member of the Marauder's Guild and Naldiq & Vymelli's, and Cliaux is an open member of the Pugilist's Guild and the Adventurer's Guild.

It gives both characters reasons to be good at the fields they follow or the skills they have, in my opinion. :3

RE: Guild Membership - Nebbs - 01-04-2015

For Nebula she has no strong attachment, but her past has seen her interact with several guilds.

Main Guilds
  • Archers - was a member but got asked to leave, she retains good links
  • Conjurers - did the basic training, is still a member but did not progress
  • Maelstrom GC - member, officer, and works in commission basis investigating the strange and bizarre 
Membership of
  • Archaists/Thaumaturge - enrolled and took the basics in order to have a broader appreciation of magic
  • Marauders - learnt the axe as part of trying to walk in her Mothers footsteps
Associations
  • Lancers - took some pole training while part of the archers
  • Botanist/Carpenter/Leather-worker  - took basics while an archer
  • Gladiators - did some basic training with her husband (Ilwe'ran), but disagrees with the whole Paladin side

RE: Guild Membership - Leomoon - 01-05-2015

Tana was a member of the Lancer bur left after her master died, now she is a member of the mages guilds mainly due to her ineptitude with magic. (she blew up her own staff casting a basic fireball.

RE: Guild Membership - Gegenji - 01-05-2015

Chachan only really has a membership with the Adventurer's Guild, which he uses for most of the oddball tasks he does from day to day.

Should he start spending more time in Limsa ICly, though, I could easily see him at least becoming at least decently familiar with Naldiq & Vymelli's, if not an actual member. He's certainly been doing more smithing as of late, after all.

He's made a trip or two to the Gladiator's Guild to practice his swordplay, but I don't really see him being a full-on member. He just uses their training dummies from time to time.

RE: Guild Membership - Berrod Armstrong - 01-05-2015

Berrod is a registered member of the Pugilist's guild -- and has been for a few years. He works as a trainer there and supervises spars part time as a representative of his company. He's also a member of the Marauder's guild, though that has lapsed. I suspect he'll probably get the stink-eye if he ever goes back to check them out. On the non-combat side of things, he's a hardworking freelancer with the Miner's guild as well.

Of course, he's very much a part of the Adventurer's guild, given that his company specializes in adventuring work.

RE: Guild Membership - Mae - 01-05-2015

Kara's association with both the Goldsmithing and Conjurer's guilds is the result of not having anyone else to give her even the most basic training. She's not likely to ever be a full-fledged member of either.

The Gardener only works with the Botanist's guild on rare occasions, and with extreme reluctance. 

Luc'a is apprenticed to the Weaver's guild, and it's his dream to become a famous designer >_> He'll be a card-carrying member of the guild eventually.

RE: Guild Membership - Antain - 01-05-2015

Vaughn, once upon a time, belonged to the Archer's Guild, rose in ranks with the Maelstrom, and was selected as a Godsbow. He did questionable things at the time to rise so high so fast, and fell from those memberships even harder. Now, he doesn't belong to any guild and is hesitant to even apply.

RE: Guild Membership - Telluride - 01-05-2015

Nathan signed up for the Adventurer's Guild in Gridania as a matter of course after setting out on his own. He very rarely takes on any duties; rather, membership in the guild keeps him in good standing in the major taverns of the three allied nations, which is precisely what he wants the guild for in the first place.

His other martial skills - archery and good ol' fashioned brawling - were learned through his old troupe, through hunting, defense and mentorship therein.