Hydaelyn Role-Players
Special Delivery [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Special Delivery [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=9389)

Special Delivery [closed] - Jhur - 12-23-2014

The soft crunch of a single figure marching through the snow laced streets of Limsa Lominsa was easily drowned out by the ruckus of the crowds filling the bars. It was that magical hour where the streets were empty; families had settled down for a night of Starlight Celebration and the 'privateers' in town had found their stool and mug for the night. It was a scene ready to be painted in a children's book: the moonlight street with a thin whisk of snow and the soft golden hue of tavern windows sparsely fluttered along the path.

Yet, some idiot Hyur had to disturb the tranquility. Hobbling down the street alone, his black cloak pinched down by the bulky haversack slung over his shoulder. His gait was hobbled by a slight limp. Perhaps from the weight of his bundle, though the hint of red on his slacks suggested it could be for more devious reasons.

Rounding a corner the man was made to stop, a pair of tall figures obstructing the walkway. A tall, slender Elezen and a thick Roegadyn both brandishing weapons and smirks. The smaller Hyur adjusted his grip on the haversack as he let out sigh, looking up to the pair with eyes as clear blue as melting snow. "Not tonight, boys, I'm busy."

The Elezen gave out a sharp cackle as he flicked an arm to slap the back of his hand on the Roe's arm. "Busy 'e says, Slumber Brick! We gots a joker fer a mark, eh?" The Roe nodded as he hefted his sword and pointed it at the Hyur. The Elezen stuck a finger and thumb between his lips and let out a sharp whistle. Behind the cloaked Hyur a Miqo'te with daggers and another Hyur with a short blade stepped out of the shadows to trap the man. The Elezen cracked his knuckles as he tightened his eyes, "What'dya say, joker, why not just 'and it over like a good lad, hmm?"

Frowning, the Hyur lowered the bag off his shoulder and set it down by his feet, his other hand moving to throw back his hood, black hair spilling about his cheeks. Those bright blues burned contrast to his pale skin and dark hair as he spoke to the Elezen, "I've got people waiting on me, so don't be offended if I end this quick." The Elezen let out another stark laugh, took in a sharp breath, managed a syllable of retort before his eyes went wide in shock. The Hyur pulled his hand away from where it at punched the poor Elezen's throat with a sigh, "I said quick, so shut up." Throwing back the folds of his cloak he gripped the hilts of his twin blades and turned on the other three as he drew steel. "Last chance."

----------------------------------

A hard knock on the thick door caused all the young heads to turn from the Matron reading them the story of "The First Starlight Celebration." An excited but hushed cheer spread over the young crowd. Smiling softly, the elder Hyur stood from her hand carved rocking chair, setting the book down in the pillow she'd just abandoned, and wove her way through the children. "Coming, coming!"

Stepping up to the door, she gripped the handle with both hands and gave it a hard tug to pull the massive oak free of it's frame. "I hope you realize how late of the night it is. And during Starlight no less!" As the door started to break free, a gloved hand from the outside pushed lightly to help ease the old woman's burden as the Hyur stepped in with his same slight limp and the haversack strung over his shoulder. The sight of him caused the children to squeal and cheer, calling in loose unison, "JHUR!"

The Hyur offered a smile to the old woman as he took over the duties of shutting the door behind him. "I'm so sorry I'm late, Mother Stanley. I had an unplanned stop." The old Hyur turned her still bright greens on the man, looking him over before she paused on the bloody leg. Raising an eyebrow she looked up to Jhur's blues, the man quick to shake his head. "No, no. That was from this morning. I just haven't had a chance to clean it."

The old woman shook her head as she set a hand to his shoulder, "Oh, Jhur, showing up like this? You know these children look up to you right. What kind of image does this send?"

Lifting his free hand from the door to sweep at his hair, Jhur sighed softly before leaning in to kiss the Matron's cheek softly. "Happy Starlight, Mother Stanley." Turning to the children who had circled the pair he reached down to ruffle a young Elezen's hair as he began to limp through. "Alright, alright, let me through so I can hand these out." The children laughed and cheered as they followed, a few tugging on his cloak as they followed him to the center of the room.

Jhur set down his haversack and flung it open. Pulling out a small wood carved chocobo knight, he looked down to the nearest child - a young Hyur with two teeth missing. Offering a thin smile Jhur held the toy out for the boy with a laugh. "Another tooth, Stannis? What are we going to do with you." The young lad took his toy with a laugh and ran off, making room for another. "Alright, alright, there's one for each of you I promise." Shaking his head Jhur set to the task of handing out wooden carved toys and hand stitched dolls to the children, meager gifts but all the more appreciated that night.