Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Bacchus Shots Competition is back! 1/22 @9pm - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Bacchus Shots Competition is back! 1/22 @9pm (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

The Bacchus Shots Competition is back! 1/22 @9pm - Cliodhna Eoghan - 12-19-2014

[youtube]yUAueFkVYvA[/youtube]

All right boys and girls, I've decided the community overall is sorely lacking in some good old fashion binge drinking! Every month I'll be hosting a drinking game at different locations, I try to shoot for the last friday of each month at the same time but sometimes that doesn't always work out so PLEASE keep an eye on this thread for updates and details.

Update notes

[Image: wine-and-judge.gif]
Basics

First off, I want to keep this a bit loose and fun. Contestants will be rolling against each other. Two - four contestants to a match, (however many are grouped off) with each having 3 HP each. Lowest number takes a hit (thus removing one point) and any ties will be an re-roll for any player that's got the same number. Rolls of course are done with the /random emote.

To keep it fun the contestants are free to, and encouraged to flavor text their drinks (/em). When a contestant has lost feel free to describe either passing out, throwing up,....or whatever else they want to say. (This is half the fun of it; so when someone gets a final losing roll; go all out with the reaction. ;3 )This will continue until there is one player left, they will be determined winner.

List of contestants and entry fee
That's right, I scrapped the entry fee~! So sing-up and prove who has a strong enough liver to take home the prize! See the location section for more details.

Show Content

Past winners
Show Content

Pick your poison
A week before we hold the event (or two weeks or whatever) I'll take notes on what drink should be showcased such as, Amalj'aa fire water, Ala Megian whisky,  Limonasan Mimosas, Imperial rum, ect, get creative with it!

Locations and prize
The winner will receive the prize money plus half the entry fees, the other half of collected entry fees will be given to whatever FC inn/bar/club is gracious enough to host if held in a housing location; if not and an NPC location is chosen instead; the remaining half of the entry fees will be placed into the prize money for the following event. (If this becomes a semi-frequent thing; I'd like to change locations to help showcase all the great FC's that operate as these establishments and some of the NPC ones that don't get as much attention. )

Location and date:
date: friday, january 22nd at 9:30pm eastern
Goblet, ward 6, plot 27 (southeast crystal)
Showcased drink:
The blazing phoenix
Made specially for the Red Wings by Toff Vaughn, one glass is sure to make you feel reborn!
For the contestants, said drink will be mixed with Ala Mhigan fire whiskey, a heavy hand of a rare blend of herbs along with that extra special touch. Spark it up and watch the flames leap from your glass, just be sure to snuff them out before consuming.*

*Neither Red Wings or Ul'dah's Immortal Flames shall be held responsible for any and all potential burns resulting in this drink...That includes singed eyebrows.

Also as a quick note; drama will be highly discouraged. This is meant to be a friendly contest for just having fun, making friends and possibly winning some gil. If you're looking to stir up some trouble; please check those feels and weapons at the door. This is for anyone in attendance, contestant or no.

SO- if you know of any FC that RP as a bar or anyone that would be interested in joining, or even a few people that want to play barmaid to serve all our flushed drinkers, or just show up to cheer them on; send 'em this way and I'll update as often as I can.

[Image: tumblr_l6g5bmOeO51qbhb8vo1_500.jpg]

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-19-2014

Potentially irresponsible drinking?

*looks around* >_> <_< >_>

I'm in.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Telluride - 12-19-2014

What's this?

Do want.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Berrod Armstrong - 12-19-2014

Notice the prevalence of highlander responses. 
You better have a LOT of booze handy.
I'm in.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Gegenji - 12-19-2014

Will there be designated Chocobo Porters to see these fine folks home afterward?

Remember, everyone, don't drink and ride!

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Melkire - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 02:51 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Will there be designated Chocobo Porters to see these fine folks home afterward?

Remember, everyone, don't drink and ride!

...you guys should snag E'khei Balduin for this very purpose.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Jana - 12-19-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ

While participating isn't entirely in-character for this character, I'll probably be there to watch and cheer!

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - C'kayah Polaali - 12-19-2014

And lo, with the dawn of a new day, C'kayah awoke with the crystal certainty that soon would come his day, his purpose, his victory.

Show Content

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Warren Castille - 12-19-2014

Told you.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Mercurias - 12-19-2014

I...Would love to see this with a grindstone style roll system where the last man or woman left standing wins...Not having to pay their bar tab.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Steel Wolf - 12-19-2014

...oh this is DIGITAL.

:c

...I'll wait for details but I'm preeeeetty sure Steel will want in.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Kage - 12-19-2014

Kage wants in.

He's rode in a lalafell barrel for ale once.

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 06:27 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: ...oh this is DIGITAL.

:c

...I'll wait for details but I'm preeeeetty sure Steel will want in.

Who said it'll -only- be digital? *prepares cup*

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Steel Wolf - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 06:36 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Who said it'll -only- be digital? *prepares cup*

...you have a very good point...

*also gets a cup*

RE: The Bacchus Shots Competition - Warren Castille - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 06:21 PM)Mercurias Wrote: I...Would love to see this with a grindstone style roll system where the last man or woman left standing wins...Not having to pay their bar tab.

;D