Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! (/showthread.php?tid=9241)

Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - hannie3000 - 12-11-2014

Edit: I've gotten a few great responses! I'm actually surprised I got any at all, heehee. Thanks, everyone!

Hey there! Like the title says; I'm looking for an RP connection for my shy guy (though I more commonly refer to him as my Disney Princess), Ayden Rowantree. 
Ä°mage

Ayden is my most recently created character and I really would like to RP with him. 
He is a Hyur/Elezen halfbreed (I selected Midlander in character creation because they have more delicate features, so to speak) and a somewhat insecure and introverted person. 

The reason I call him my Disney Princess is because he finds making friends with little woodland creatures a lot easier than with actual people. Little woodland creatures don't judge, he believes. 
He isn't weak and useless, however. Ayden knows how and where to aim a bow, and is quite skilled in archery. He can fight to protect himself if he has to, though he'd much rather avoid combat and conflict as much as possible. 

As you might have figured, Ayden spends most of his time in the Twelveswood. Perhaps it's his mother's Wildwood genes that make him feel most at home there. Because he spends so much time in the forest, he is quite knowledgeable in the field of herbalism (Ayden has no aptitude for conjury, which is why he uses herbal medicine to treat injuries instead. He is very fascinated by conjury, though!), so gathering plants and herbs is something he enjoys doing (besides telling stories to his little woodland creature friends, of course). 

At one point in his life he dreamt about being a bard and telling stories through song, but his father considered this to be a very "un-manly" dream and made sure to crush it early. There is still a tiny bit of that dream remaining somewhere deep down, though.

Needless to say, Ayden and his father didn't get along very well. The relationship with his mother was a lot better, though he hasn't seen either of them since before the Calamity, so they are both currently presumed dead. His past is a rather touchy subject for Ayden and he won't talk about it unless he feels comfortable enough to do so, and even then it will only happen when asked about it.

As for what I'm looking for in this connection... It could be anything, really: a friend, a love interest (can be male or female!), or even an enemy (who doesn't like a little drama?). I welcome any contact, really. Drop me a reply/PM on here or send me a /tell in-game on either my main (Mikh'a Awandah) or Ayden. I live in Europe (GMT+1) and am online most days, usually in the afternoon from around 3-4 PM-ish. You can also give me a poke on Skype (hannie3000). Actually, I think Skype might be the easiest way to reach me outside of the forums here....

Anyways, I hope I did okay with this post. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them. I will answer them as best I can! I look forward to making a new RP buddy.

RE: Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - Yhen Yizeh - 12-11-2014

He sounds adorable! I could actually use a bard soon.

So, I sent you a skype request. (:

RE: Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - Nessa Sawyer - 12-14-2014

I saw the edit saying you'd gotten quite a few responses already, but thought I'd post here anyway. I've got a considerably less shy Elezen whose also in Gridania and an aspiring marauder Hyur with some similar issues (she wants to be as big and tough as the rest of her siblings, but failing considerable) so if you're interested in an rp feel free to hit me up on here or Nessa Sawyer or Rivienne Juliembert.

RE: Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - hannie3000 - 12-18-2014

(12-14-2014, 09:41 AM)Nessa Sawyer Wrote: I saw the edit saying you'd gotten quite a few responses already, but thought I'd post here anyway. I've got a considerably less shy Elezen whose also in Gridania and an aspiring marauder Hyur with some similar issues (she wants to be as big and tough as the rest of her siblings, but failing considerable) so if you're interested in an rp feel free to hit me up on here or Nessa Sawyer or Rivienne Juliembert.
Hi! Sorry for the somewhat late response; I've been struggling with some personal issues so I haven't checked the forums much. ;-;
I'll give you a poke when I catch you online. I would at least love to chat ^^

RE: Looking for an RP connection for my shy guy! - Faye - 12-18-2014

I think he'd get along well with my alt X'unmei, a shy little nature-loving Miqo'te who's a pretty good shot with a bow. Big Grin