Hydaelyn Role-Players
What are Your Character's Colors - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: What are Your Character's Colors (/showthread.php?tid=9220)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Gegenji - 12-11-2014

This may be a bit of a derail (in my own thread, what?) but I really like that Design Seeds site and the images folks are using from it. It not only provides some lovely color combinations, it gives an image to match them to. It's quite lovely.

[Image: SunnyHues.png]

For Chachan, maybe? There's the lack of blue, but the light green adds to the feelgood color combination I'm going for. The dark... brown? (green? black? What is that?) serves as the nice offsetting color I was wanting for all the brightness anyway, along with the darker green of his hair.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - MikoBehnen - 12-11-2014

It's an evil site that will claim your soul 

(I love it... I use it all the time for work inspirations)

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Melody - 12-11-2014

Oh, I love all the palettes!

Hmmm, maybe this for Melody?

[Image: BlossomingHues.png]

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Roen - 12-11-2014

Aaaah! Palette things! Makes my inner decorator smile.

[Image: cjNiVQp.png]

This was the closest palette I can come up with. But I really think the picture itself is rather apt for her too, fallen petals on hard stony ground.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Salinas - 12-11-2014

[Image: FloraHues8.png]

At first, I thought of a palette with more earthy tones and muted colours. But that isn't Caelia's personality at all! Huu... after a little thought I was reminded of a bouquet. A bunch of flowers varying in different hues but each of them complimenting one another. So here you go, a vibrant lookin' palette for the flower child.

Green: The colour green has many meaning depending on the shade. The lighter shade symbolizes her how inexperienced she can be while the darker shade is how jealous she can easily get. Most of her wardrobe consists of the colour green. Green is also the colour for healing and nature. Caelia is a healer hailing from the Shroud. Go figure.

Purple: Represents her recent luxurious lifestyle now that she lives with Noxaelius? Hehe! No, no, no. Uhm.. It's the colour of her hair. Purple is associated with magic, empathy, and imagination. Also read that the stained glass pictures found in churches use the colour purple to assist in prayers and meditation.

Pink: Even though it's not a colour she won't ever wear on her person. Pink is probably the colour I would use to describe her. Associated with innocence, unconditional love, and compassion. In a negative view pink symbolizes naivety, neediness, being weak, and immaturity. Every one of these I've noted fits the bill nicely. Too bad she wouldn't be seen wearing pink.. heh.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Oscare - 12-11-2014

[Image: FirstsSnowHues.png]
Grays, dark reds, and browns! These totally sum up Oscare's colors of choice.

This is a very pretty and colorful sight. So many colors. Oooooo.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-11-2014

Franz tends to like his reds and darker greens and blues. Some greys to help make the other colors feel more vibrant at times, or to blend in to a crowd more.

[Image: TomatoTones_1.png]

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-11-2014

I couldn't find a fancy fruit for Evangeline, but:

[Image: AZZWicI.png]

I wanted a much cooler palette than Nat.

Her primary colors are Black and White. Representing her binary view of the world.

Silver, Red and Purple are her accent colors. Silver for her armor, purple for her eyes, and red for her hair.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Liliana Nazareth - 12-13-2014

I tried out that Design Seeds thing and got colors for Lily! :'D

[Image: FeatheredPalette_4.png]

Yes she is a parrot. Warm colors have always looked nice on her, I'll admit!

As for Ella, hmmm.

[Image: SucculentHues8.png]

I always envisioned her to have softer colors than her mother, but she'd still stand out! Also, this looks very Ochu-esque and I think I'm in love with it.

I'm also in love with this site. Thank you for namedropping it!

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Caspar - 12-29-2014

On hyp I'm well known for my obsession with red. Not sure if I'll keep it consistent here but I just love the shade of rolanberry red so much. I collected second coil stuff because it was often red. I didn't think about stuff like stats :D?

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Aaron - 12-29-2014

Black.

Not even for a specific reason, both Aaron (and I OOC) just like the color.

Weird though how most people I meet both OOC & IC seem to think im emo or goth just because I wear it 24/7. Is this a stigma or something? Idk.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - SM Nick - 12-29-2014

Solis wears red almost constantly, sometimes with some yellow, orange, and black, fitting his hot-headed and passionate personality.

Sakura wears lots of pink and purple, sometimes darker colors fitting her name and personality.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Gegenji - 02-19-2015

I'm necro'ing my own thread! Onoz!

Actually, I've been musing on what colors to push for with Judge as I've been leveling him up. I started with the ever-dangerous Design Seeds site, but it didn't fit the... sterile color combination I was thinking. So, I went back to Color Combos for a simple three-color palette for Jredthys.

[Image: color-scheme-48-main.png]

Judge is, as his title implies, very much a black-and-white-outlook sort. There's right ways and wrong ways to do things. So, those two colors were obvious enough. However, I felt the two colors alone would lead to a pretty flat look (no insult to those that chose just black and white, of course, just a personal preference!), so I started thinking on a third color.

I couldn't go gray, of course, as obvious an option as that was. Judge, as mentioned in a recent RP, hates gray. Both in the moral sense and the color in general, though the latter could be more because it reminds him of his age? Anyway, gray was out.

Brown, on the other hand, turns out to be a pretty solid third color. When you think of a judge's stand, you think wood - which is brown. In addition, the color itself (referring to DHD again like a scrub) is described as reassuring, safe, and - most importantly - stabilizing. Sounds right for a guy whose job is to mediate and bring order.

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Ruran - 02-19-2015

Aah, I love color palettes, so they can speak so much about a character!

Locke is quiet and doesn't like to stand out, so he tends to wear a lot of muted, peaceful colors. They're also indicative of his background in the Black Shroud.
[Image: pognfJl.png]

Orrian wears purple and black pretty much all the time, though he likes the intimidation factor of dark red and will wear them on specific occasions. Also bits of gold and silver.
[Image: QsFIjm2.png]

RE: What are Your Character's Colors - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-19-2015

(12-09-2014, 02:45 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I've always tried to paint Warren in a grey sort of theme. He's a paladin, but that's muddled with flaws and imperfections and mistakes. I'm very subtle with his costuming in RP, if anyone's noticed, where ALL HE WEARS IS GREY.

I'm on the Luke Skywalker path here; He started wearing White armor, and his dyes have been getting dimmer and dimmer.

also cause sei likes to tie him up, don't forget that o3o