Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! (/showthread.php?tid=9202)

The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Melody - 12-08-2014

Hello everyone!

I'll get right to it.  My free company is wanting to RP as a sort of bar and grill. We have plans in the works for a couple things, but I wanted to reach out to the community here and see if there was anything you all would like to see in that sort of setting.

I know there are probably bunches of taverns and the like already, but we would like to see ours stand out in some way.  The Midnight Moogle is going to serve both drinks and meals.  I am working out details of having either a Ladies' Night or Couple's Night (or both!).  I've also been talking to one member about potentially acting as an in-house photographer.

Aside from those few things, we are all looking for more suggestions.  Has anyone been wanting something specific out of a place like this?

RE: The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Warren Castille - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 02:01 PM)Melody Wrote: Hello everyone!

I'll get right to it.  My free company is wanting to RP as a sort of bar and grill. We have plans in the works for a couple things, but I wanted to reach out to the community here and see if there was anything you all would like to see in that sort of setting.

I know there are probably bunches of taverns and the like already, but we would like to see ours stand out in some way.  The Midnight Moogle is going to serve both drinks and meals.  I am working out details of having either a Ladies' Night or Couple's Night (or both!).  I've also been talking to one member about potentially acting as an in-house photographer.

Aside from those few things, we are all looking for more suggestions.  Has anyone been wanting something specific out of a place like this?

In-house photography seems neat. Collecting a bunch of pictures from the evening then throwing them up in dropbox or on imgur for everyone to peruse? That sounds pretty neat, and the candid aspect of picture could help make it fun to browse for everyone.

I tend to not frequent the tavern nights that happen around the server, but I wish you luck in putting something together!

RE: The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Melody - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 02:12 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: In-house photography seems neat. Collecting a bunch of pictures from the evening then throwing them up in dropbox or on imgur for everyone to peruse? That sounds pretty neat, and the candid aspect of picture could help make it fun to browse for everyone.

I tend to not frequent the tavern nights that happen around the server, but I wish you luck in putting something together!

Yes, it would work something like this.

I also have a money-raiser option where we'd have a theme park style "photo booth" for people to come in and pay for a non-candid photo that would be nicely edited later.  That one is still a rough idea though.

Thank you for your input!
Moogle

RE: The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Steel Wolf - 12-08-2014

An actual, legitimate restaurant setting seems like it'd stand out. It would also take more focus and perhaps more in-game staff to make the setting feel as believable as possible....but the end result could make the whole thing feel ultimately more tangible.

I also agree with Warren--the photographer job taking pics for an imgur album would definitely drum up regular interest.

I would suspect, then, that it's a matter of working out the theme. Is this a classy restaurant? A more laid-back location? A patisserie? Possibilities are here, depending on what you're looking to put together and how much effort you're looking to pour in.

Just my 2 gil. <3

RE: The Midnight Moogle - Looking For Suggestions! - Oli! - 12-08-2014

I'd say go for atmosphere. Try something that really feels like it would fit right in with the setting of whatever housing area you're building in. It seems like a lot of places just try to put as many expensive and / or flashy items in as they can, and although this doesn't make these places look bad, it does sometimes result in a less than cohesive atmosphere.

In other words, try and make the place feel "local." I think that would make you stand out in visuals alone.