Hydaelyn Role-Players
Atoline - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Atoline (/showthread.php?tid=9145)

Atoline - Atoli - 12-04-2014

I. Basic Information

Main Character:
Atoli Taira
Alternative Characters:
Namine Dawnstar and Liefdes Verdriet, both of which are largely untouched.
Free Company:
None
Linkshells:
XI:7, Tawny Linkshell, and The Tavern
Amount of Roleplay:
Hard to say. Considering my generally unpredictable work schedule as well as the fact that I find enjoyment in all aspects of the game, so I'd settle with Medium!

II. Roleplay Views

Roleplay Combat and Injury:
Mixed feelings. I wouldn't want a stranger to come by, initiate combat, and either kill or permanently maim my characters. It's not a feeling of ownership or fear that leads me to feel this way, but instead that death and maiming can utterly cripple a character's ability to progress or develop in a desirable or intriguing manner. That being said, I do enjoy roleplay combat, and I have no problem whatsoever with my characters losing or becoming terribly wounded as a result. Sometimes recuperation roleplay can be very rewarding!
In-character Romance:
I find it to be just as enjoyable as usual roleplay! Some characters are prone to progressing the most formidably through romance as shells are cracked and soft sides are exposed. It can prove to be very entertaining and rewarding. I should warn that while I'd be perfectly fine with romance roleplay, I won't be participating in ERP. I understand that this may cause a lack of interest in some, so I thought it would be best to forewarn!
Non-romantic Roleplay (family ties, etc):
Regarding the family portion - I've little experience with this kind of roleplay, admittedly, and I find myself much more comfortable when doing such sorts of roleplay with people I closely know. I feel like understanding a roleplayer can help you understand their characters, and roleplaying with someone who would like a familial tie to my character would be difficult as I'd need to understand them thoroughly as my character would have known them for years (if not their entire lifetime). That being said, I am looking for someone to roleplay Atoli's sister, preferably someone I trust. Regarding all other aspects of non-romantic roleplay, bring it on. :D
Lore:
I'm a bit shaky on it, but I always try to abide to the best of my ability. I understand that bending lore in a private setting can lead to enjoyable results for the group as a whole, and I can certainly accept this, but I would like to avoid this except in very special cases. I do run into the habit of avoiding those who know the lore of the universe but purposefully ignore it. I simply can't find lore-bending/breaking roleplay immersive, let alone enjoyable more often than not... :B
Chat Functions:
I prefer to roleplay in the say channels as what my characters are saying and in the emote channels as what my characters are physically doing, however I often tie in dialogue in emotes. I'm very open to linkshell communication roleplays. I'm also very open to the idea of whisper roleplays, as I believe that some scenes can't exactly be replicated through the physical features of the game (for example, finding an unoccupied dark dungeon might be a tad difficult). I take roleplaying to party for any roleplay that exceeds the rating of PG-13 to be respectful of those around me as well as the ToS of the game.

III. Other Information

United States of America
Timezone:
GMT -6 (Central Standard)
Active Hours:
Generally between 1pm and 4 pm as well as 8 pm and 1 am GMT -6, more often the latter!
Contact Information:
More often than not, you can find me on Atoli. If I'm not online, well... every time that I'm at home, I have Skype open, username maveree. Don't be afraid to add me! :)
Additional Information:
Boopdoopdoop. Just looking for like-minded roleplayers!

Special updates below~