Hydaelyn Role-Players
Using your starting outfit. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Using your starting outfit. (/showthread.php?tid=9037)

Pages: 1 2

Using your starting outfit. - Sahja Elahka - 11-23-2014

Just to get some opinions out here,  How do you guys feel about people using their starting race attire as their RP gear.  I mean, its supposed to be relatively normal gear for adventurer's of that race, but I never see it happen.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Zhavi - 11-23-2014

No different then using any other gear, to me. Certainly less controversial then the Big Bad Special Weapons that have rare properties or whatever that only a Chosen One would have.

As long as we're game to rp, whatever goes. The clothing pretty much doesn't matter to me compared to the character itself.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Merri - 11-23-2014

To be frank, there's really only a few sets of equipment that are technically (There's always ways to play things off) off limits as far as canon goes, and they're things like the Drachen Armor, the actual set of Warrior gear, as those are technically specific suits of armor that only has one existing set. There are, however, other sets like them, so it's easy enough to play it off as wearing a different set of a similar suit of armor. The mythology versions are also all replicas, so those are 100% canon.

Some people get up in armors over equipment they feel people shouldn't have, others don't. Really just depends on the person and their opinion on the matter. Some, like specific relic weapons and relic armor, are completely justified canonically as being something only one person can technically obtain.

RSE, however, is just... ...gear. There's nothing special to it, and it's by no means something that would ever be considered off limits to most people I would imagine.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - FreelanceWizard - 11-23-2014

I've RPed in the starting gear from time to time, though it's a bit... skimpy for L'yhta's tastes. I have used the elezen gear a fair amount on alts, though, and the hempen items are quite nice for building outfits. Honestly, I don't think there's any issue with using the starting gear in RP; they're just clothes, after all.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Aya - 11-23-2014

I love using mine as my barmaid's uniform!  I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to use it Smile

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Parvacake - 11-23-2014

I use Lili's starter Hyur blouse all the time Smile

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Maril - 11-23-2014

As a highlander, I frequently use the starting top. It mixes well with the level 50 LTW legs, cause you can dye the legs to match the leathery bit on the top. 
And as for other low-level things I use all the time, the sandals. I think they go as low as level 7-10 ish or so. Love them ^^

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Nebbs - 11-23-2014

My mantra "Mix and match to effect"

I use the tights more than the others but the Miqo'te boots also do well.

Also i don't see it as any negative to RP with someone in such clothing.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Ciel - 11-23-2014

Starting gear is just like going around in your race's version of jeans and a t-shirt.  Nothing wrong with it, yes it's technically a common outfit, but I'd honestly have more of a problem with someone RPing combat while in pajamas if the combat wasn't a spur of the moment attack while they slept. 

It really boils down to a matter of preference. Some simply don't wear it because it might give the impression that their character is new and weak.  Others will mix pieces of starting gear with other things; I was going to use some of it as part of a costume for All Saint's Wake.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Kellach Woods - 11-23-2014

I'd do it if I could wear the female hyur clothes. They look better.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Steel Wolf - 11-23-2014

(11-23-2014, 10:34 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I'd do it if I could wear the female hyur clothes. They look better.

Agreed....though the only really stupid thing about the Roegadyn starter outfit is the gloves. Those arm...things....they look like the backing of a leather smoking chair cut into sleeves because the weaver got a contact high.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Dogberry - 11-23-2014

(11-23-2014, 11:00 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(11-23-2014, 10:34 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I'd do it if I could wear the female hyur clothes. They look better.

Agreed....though the only really stupid thing about the Roegadyn starter outfit is the gloves. Those arm...things....they look like the backing of a leather smoking chair cut into sleeves because the weaver got a contact high.

Uhh sorry about that. Also, it wasn't a contact high.

I actually really like the starting equipment for most races. If it fits your character, wear it!

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Coatleque - 11-23-2014

I use the Hyur boots all the time. Usually it's under a dress though, so nobody really notices. I like the heels they have. Don't be afraid to mix-and-match to create whatever look that fits your character.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Kellach Woods - 11-23-2014

That's the thing, they gendered the outfits so what we like on either side we can't take, which kind of sort of sucks.

RE: Using your starting outfit. - Sophia_Grave - 11-23-2014

I really wish they and hempen gear weren't race locked; most of them look great.