Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] (/showthread.php?tid=9026)

New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Bubble - 11-22-2014

Hello everyone! Ya'll can call me Bubble.~ I'm a fairly new FFXIV player, as I haven't hit my first lvl 50 class yet. However, i'm not a total newbie. Right now my main class is a lvl 37 Summoner and in till now I've mostly just soloed. I'm in a guild but honestly it's just because my ex-gf kinda forced me into it. I'm not happy with the guild because I /still/ don't really know anyone and no one ever really wants to lvl with me because they're all lvl 50 players and...I guess they don't really care about playing with me?

I've been terribly interested in RP on FFXIV since I learned about it and would LOVE to try it out! I'd prefer to rp in linkshells, party chat, or other private forms of rp because I know some people don't like it when RPers blow up their chat box when they're around them. I just like to be respectful of other players.~ uvu 
So if anyone would like to send me a message/reply here, I'd love to chat and for someone to teach me how rp works in FFXIV! I'm not just looking for RP buddies but also people that would like to lvl with me in game and do other game activities such as fates and dungeons!

An about me, so you know what all i'm about:
As I said, you can call me Bubble! I'm a 22 year old female preparing to enter college. I'm a lesbian so I hope none of you have any problem with that, I don't mind having questions about it but no rude or lewd things please! I'm a freelance artist, as I've worked for some small companies making gaming logos and do commissions for people also. 
I'm not actually new to roleplay, as i'm part of a private forum and do it quiet often! I don't mind 18+ RPs but I only like them when they're story based and actually fit with my character. So it's not something i'm comfortable doing with people I've just met.
As far as gaming goes, I'm more of a casual gamer but I love all kinds! Anything from an j-rpg to a first person shoot is good buy me.~ I'm also a part of tumblr, where I cry over otps and keep up with all the latest shows! Other than drawing, I'm also a serious cosplayer! uvu 

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Steel Wolf - 11-22-2014

Welcome to the RPC! You've made a positive first step in finding all the linkshells and private-form RP you could possibly want, starting with that thar Linkshells link in the upper menu, or the "Making Connections" forum, if you've not already deposited a whisper there.

I can sort of understand that feel in that 50's not wanting to play with your "underlevelled" self, but I can certainly vouch for my personal experience that most RP'ers and RP in general could care less what level you are.

If you would like to speak with a tall Roelady, feel free to poke Steel Wolf anytime. Enjoy your time in Balmung! <3

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Faye - 11-22-2014

Hello there and welcome to the RPC! It's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm happy to help with any questions you may have, as well as to RP anytime.

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Bubble - 11-22-2014

Thank you both! I actually would like some help with getting started. That is if you don't mind. I actually don't know how to get started or how to go about it. It's a lil different than building a character up and just posting in a rp forum. I realize I need to learn some lore and stuff to properly make my character up.

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Chika Ito - 11-22-2014

Welcome the the game, the forums, and role playing! I'd be happy to interact with you in and out of character if you want Big Grin

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Nebbs - 11-22-2014

Welcome as others have said.. and..

You haz art!  I think you will find there is a no small amount of people who overlap this with their RP friends.

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Drifter - 11-22-2014

First off, Welcome!!!

Second, most random level 50s you'll meet are busy doing their own thing (grinding for them gears). That said, I'm always available to help newbies (if they aren't too shy to ask). So look for Nyxh Jakkya whenever you're on.

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - Steel Wolf - 11-23-2014

(11-22-2014, 01:34 AM)Bubble Wrote: Thank you both! I actually would like some help with getting started. That is if you don't mind. I actually don't know how to get started or how to go about it. It's a lil different than building a character up and just posting in a rp forum. I realize I need to learn some lore and stuff to properly make my character up.

Welp, the RPC has lots of resources, the best first step of which being the Wiki page. Specifically, this Lore page right h'yah to get you acclimated with much of the world.

Beyond that bit of reading, or if you have more specific questions, feel free to ask them on the RP Discussion or XIV Discussion forum. There's lots of lorehounds and other roleplayers to help you answer any questions you have about the world, character ideas, mechanical/gameplay stuff....

This is a vast repository of XIV nerd knowledge Tap it, and drink deep of its treasures. <3

RE: New to FFXIV Roleplay [Balmung server] - MikoBehnen - 11-23-2014

*waves* Hi there! I'm new-ish too (Level 24 rogue)! So we can hang out and be newbies together ^_^