Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition (/showthread.php?tid=9020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Cato - 01-30-2015

If it was handled very well I'd really love a Dragon Age MMO. The setting is very solid in terms of lore, there's multiple playable races, all sorts of different locations each with their own history, aesthetics and charm...

I can't help but wonder if DA:I was a test for that sort of thing. It plays a lot like a MMO. I may just be getting my hopes up though but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the idea if it remained loyal to the source material.

RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Bopdoot - 01-31-2015

(01-30-2015, 09:47 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 06:04 PM)Bopdoot Wrote: I agree that your ideal game experience would be "awesome" but it simply isn't this game.  If you want that sort of experience, SWTOR is honestly your best bet since others can pick dialogue too.

OR, the closest thing to what you want to do could be achieved via Baldur's Gate: EE or the Neverwinter Nights series.  In these games you can host the campaign, locally or online, and you each can make characters and essentially experience the campaign in the same world at the same time, doing the same quests with the same NPCs yadda yadda dooda dada.

TL;DR if that is the experience you want, Dragon Age won't provide it.  Just move on to a different game that migh lol.Thumbsup

Ew, I won't touch SWTOR with a ten foot pole. A F2P MMO experience is not what I'm looking for at all. Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter are also not what I want.

The "multiplayer option" in DA:I that you mention is tacked on and horrid and offers nothing of the RPG experience of the actual game. You don't even get to use your own character. It is so far from the heart of the game, it's almost insulting you'd suggest that as a legitimate option for someone wanting the story in co-op mode.

I disagree completely that DA would crumble if its story involved more than one character. I mean look - you already run around with other characters. It is NOT that hard to make one of those another player. The whole argument against it stinks. Move on to a different game? Sorry, but having a co-op campaign isn't going to sully your precious single-player experience. You don't want to do it? Then you choose not to do it.

(01-30-2015, 07:08 PM)K Wrote: I would love a co-op option same as how I would love to see it in games like Skyrim and Fallout but I'm afraid that I must agree that it doesn't seem realistically feasible without at least one character getting seriously shunted on the impact of whatever they can actually choose to say. It would become incredibly complicated if they tried to replicate the same freedoms(or close) for both characters.

They don't have to replicate the same freedom. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a particular character take the main helm.

TO be quite honest, I don't know why you're being so snippy with people who took time and tried to give you suggestions that you might enjoy.  We were just trying to help.  And honestly NwN and Baldur's Gate were EXACTLY what you were looking for since it's a co-op campaign that you can both make characters in and do every quest together as you would as a solo player.

Also, SWTOR is a good game.  I only play it when I sub because I don't like the restrictions.  It may not be exactly what you were looking for, but Dragon Age isn't co op storyline and there's nothing any of us can do about it XD.

I'm sorry you didn't like the suggestions, but you didn't have to be so sassy about it lol. If you don't have anything nice to say, probably best not to say anything at all because it just came off as REALLY rude to the people in this thread..Undecided

RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Kilborne Bloodbane - 02-01-2015

(01-30-2015, 05:01 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 07:06 PM)Kilborne Bloodbane Wrote: For a heavily story based game like Dragon Age, I doubt Bioware could incorporate co-op into their single-player campaigns without ruining what made them so great in the past: YOU are the savior of the world/galaxy and YOUR choices matter (sadly, this isn't really the case with modern Bioware). If you had someone playing as Joe Schmo random soldier guy, you'd either have to give him dialogue options that take away your agency as a player, or just make him an invisible character. In the latter case, what would the point of having him around be? I kind of have that old school "single player experiences should stay single player experiences" because I honestly can't see what co-op adds to these games other than further assimilation into Co-Op Killing Game #345987

You see no appeal in being able to play with your significant other/friend? I want to enjoy the story with my husband. We want to run around in the world together.

I personally think it would be really fun if co-op campaign let multiple characters contribute to conversations. It would lead to some really interesting results, with one player's character maybe trying to convince an NPC of one thing and another player's character either agreeing and encouraging, or perhaps trying to pull in another direction. They could compete for love interests. They could work together. It sounds to me like a really fantastic game experience.

It would be a complex task but well worth it.

As it is, I can't go five minutes playing this game - even with my husband sitting right next to me and watching - without thinking, "This would be so much better if we could just play it together. Look at this empty building, at these benches, at all these world touches that are nothing more than set pieces that serve so little purpose but with another person could be the source of such fun!"

So screw the idea that co-op somehow ruins your game. It's not like you'd be forced to play co-op and I don't think it would mess with the story at all. I'm not asking for the ridiculously idiotic style of competitive dungeon crawling that Bioware implemented. I want co-op campaign.

Just look at Diablo III. You can play the story solo, or you can play it co-op. It doesn't hurt the narrative at all.

I wouldn't say Diablo 3 was hailed for its riveting narrative. It's a kill, loot, repeat game. To use a better example: Dead Space 3. Horrid, horrid co-op integration. You missed out on a significant amount of content if you didn't have the urge to play online with some random stranger, since couch co-op wasn't supported. Every co-op mission was the same, and the story barely changed with the inclusion of one more person who said "yeah we got to do the thing" but with a space marine-type personality.

Or Fable 2 and 3. Aside from being bad games, the co-op was just a game of tug of war with one camera. Your buddy couldn't do anything but help you in combat and also kill important npcs in your world. Riveting.

I'm not saying it's impossible, Divinity: Original Sin actually did it decently. It's just that most devs will never put the time or effort in to make it good. Easier to put in a shitty multiplayer mode with microtransactions.

RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Kilid/Torhe - 02-14-2015

*Creeps from the shadows*

Patch 5 is bringing back the Black Emporium, mirror and all!  For all the talk of having the lighting in the character creator be as neutral as possible to aid in making a character you like, it was still pretty damn impossible to know just how they'd look in other situations until you were done.

Soonâ„¢... Soonâ„¢, that won't be an issue.

Now I'm just left wondering when we'll get some better hair options for the Qunari >_>