Hydaelyn Role-Players
Stranger in a Strange Land [BALMUNG] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Stranger in a Strange Land [BALMUNG] (/showthread.php?tid=8996)

Stranger in a Strange Land [BALMUNG] - Y'uraq Tia - 11-18-2014

Hi! I'm Yana :3

I'm gonna take advantage of the servers' weekly maintenance to FINALLY get around to typing here.

So, after some mindless browsing for a new game to play on steam, I stumbled across FFXIV in the store, and I thought i'd give it a try. In the past i've played WoW for nearly 7 years, I was a well versed roleplayer in warcraft lore, but i stopped playing soon before MoP came out, and missed it entirely, WoD seems like they threw their own lore out the window, but i digress. I've also played SWTOR briefly until i realized it was trying too hard to be like WoW while lacking everything that made it's competitor awesome in the first place! again i digress XD

Anyway... I'm still on the free trial and so far I am really loving the community! Especially into my first 5 minutes into my fresh start, i found a room full of RPer's inside the inn (I'm sorry I'm really new to this game, i don't know much in terms of names, but it's the inn you walk to when you first arrive in ul'dah)

But I am very eager to learn, and enjoy what comes out of this game, so far i'm impressed with how everything is in Balmung, I've never seen so much RP at literally every turn!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys IC. My Character's name in game is Yana Ninataki. I'd reveal what i have for his story now, but i'd rather do that IC.

I'm also happy to meet other and make friends, so if any of you are willing to show a lost, and confused Miqo'te around and show him the ropes, I'd appreciate it :3

A little bit about me OOC: I'm a freelance artist with an education background in 2D animation from RMCAD in Denver, CO. I have an immense appreciation for visual art (it's difficult for me to not stop in the middle of a quest to look and admire the creative talent put into desiging Eorzea <3). Digital art is my main medium, though i also do some traditional art on the side. Cosplaying and RP'ing are two other hobbies of mine. As you can tell I'm a nerd, but I enjoy going out every so often and hitting a dance club (also love dancing, it's a good way to stay in shape :3). Winter is coming, and quite frankly, I rather stay and cozy while training to be a paladin, than to go outside and lose my toes to frostbite.. HA XD

I'm also looking for a guild to join at some point, I'm only a lv 8 gladiator, and i'm still running on my free trial, but i will activate my account as soon as that expires. (I'm here to stay!)
I'm also planning to stay for as long as things stay interesting around Eorzea, so far it looks like that won't be a problem Smile

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Titor - 11-18-2014

Welcome to the server, the game, and the RPC! I am glad that you are having such a great experience so far! 
The inn in Ul'dah is called the Quicksand, and is usually for casual walk-up rp. More organized RP is usually coordinated on here, through linkshells, or within Free Companies (which are like WoW guilds)
If you need any help getting started with the game, feel free to ask me here! I know the free trial is not able to send private message in game, but I would be glad to give you my skype if you wanted to ask me questions on there, just let me know! I can help you with most aspects of the game and enjoy helping new people ^.^

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Y'uraq Tia - 11-18-2014

That'd be grand! Thank you! I'm already looking around the Wiki for FFXIV's lore, history, but there's so much i Honestly don't know where to start. But I know it's critical I know at least enough about the lore that i won't end up saying something contradicting ^^;

Looks like I got a lot to glance over.

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-18-2014

Hihi, glad to hear you're enjoying the game  and community so much. That's one good thing I can stay straight off about Balmung, everyone one is always friendly and willing to help for the most part. I'd love to hear more about your character and would love to have a IC chat sometime to get to know you. I'm usually active both in game and on the forums here at the same time so feel free to either send me a pm here or tell over chat. c: And as Titor mentioned; I'll be happy to help you out where I can also with other in game stuff.

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Y'uraq Tia - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 03:42 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: Hihi, glad to hear you're enjoying the game  and community so much. That's one good thing I can stay straight off about Balmung, everyone one is always friendly and willing to help for the most part. I'd love to hear more about your character and would love to have a IC chat sometime to get to know you. I'm usually active both in game and on the forums here at the same time so feel free to either send me a pm here or tell over chat. c: And as Titor mentioned; I'll be happy to help you out where I can also with other in game stuff.

Oh it's such a blast! It was actually very interesting to see so many people IC, it was even a bit intimidating for an experienced RPer, I wasn't sure if OOC is allowed in /says, so i decided to stick to being strictly ic, while wanting to introduce myself to strangers and hoping to bother them with showing a lost and confused traveller. at the quicksand, some people didn't seem very friendly IC But i managed to briefly meet and speak to a few.

But yes! IC chat sounds awesome! As far as my own little story goes i'm currently wandering the streets and outskirts of Ul'dah. Trying to find answers and not make myself any more lost and confused than i already am with my strange surroundings while earning gil taking on small pests around with nothing but a dulled, rusty sword in my hand. I'd be nice to meet a new friend or two!

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 04:00 AM)Yana Ninataki Wrote: Oh it's such a blast! It was actually very interesting to see so many people IC, it was even a bit intimidating for an experienced RPer, I wasn't sure if OOC is allowed in /says, so i decided to stick to being strictly ic, while wanting to introduce myself to strangers and hoping to bother them with showing a lost and confused traveller. at the quicksand, some people didn't seem very friendly IC But i managed to briefly meet and speak to a few.

But yes! IC chat sounds awesome! As far as my own little story goes i'm currently wandering the streets and outskirts of Ul'dah. Trying to find answers and not make myself any more lost and confused than i already am with my strange surroundings while earning gil taking on small pests around with nothing but a dulled, rusty sword in my hand. I'd be nice to meet a new friend or two!
Hmm...Well I have seen plenty of ooc chat around, usually done over various linkshells or just followed with a bracket of some sort to signal it's not ic. But still, it's great that you're sticking to being ic as often as you are.

Are you then? Well currently Cliodhna's been hanging around Ul'dah for reasons of her own and will possibly run into you just by chance. I'm free for most of tomorrow evening if you want to schedule a chance meeting.

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Steel Wolf - 11-18-2014

I'm so glad the free trial has netted a new RP'er.  And a catboi besides.  OwO

...yey, catbois... :3

Welcome to the game, the site and Balmung!  My character, Steel Wolf, is nowhere near Ul'dah at current, but if you'd like to meet or just chat or whatever in-game you're most welcome to do so whenever you like!  I'm a recent returnee to this game and leveling up a new Job myself, so I'm perhaps a little bit in the same boat as you.

That said, if you're looking for someone who's more experienced, I can understand.  Offer to blah blah at me still stands regardless, either OOC or IC'ly.

...catbboi! :>

RE: New arrival in Ul'dah [BALMUNG] - Gegenji - 11-18-2014

Welcome from another relative newbie to Balmung! Thumbsup

I can totally feel you on how daunting all the RP going on can be (I tend to float around the Quicksand, myself, and it's always impressive how many different conversations are going on IC and out). I'm still trying to get a feel for trying to start an RP with someone! Blush

And, having started as a trial meself, I know all about how restrictive it can be at times. No tells, all classes capped at 20, smattering of other things I'm sure where there but I cannot for the life of me recall at this point...

ANYROAD, as you can see, plenty of us are open for RP! That includes myself, of course, so feel free to pester the little Lala and his purple pig if you see him around the Quicksand!