Hydaelyn Role-Players
New! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New! (/showthread.php?tid=8939)

New! - Dreamtyde - 11-11-2014

Hello!

I actually don't know where to start and I'm excited to have found this website. I think I should start by saying that I'm on Shiva right now, but want to create a character on a server more suited for RP. I'm really into FFXIV's lore and want to find people who share my interest in the story and make it their own. 

I am not new to RPing, however, my experience lies in IM RPing and this will be my first time doing so in an MMO. For that reason, I would like to start small and try a light RP first, even though I like to get really into my character's story, and I really like tangling their story deep into the game's lore.

My dilemma is...which server? I don't want to port my character over, I want to start anew, and have the character grow while being influenced by the stories of others. There is a lot of helpful information I want to spend my evening pouring over so I have time--I just wanted to introduce myself first. When I have a good idea on where I'm going, I'll post a formal bio of my character.

RE: New! - V'asha - 11-11-2014

Hi there! I'm new here myself, but everyone's incredibly lovely. 

As for which server... Gilgamesh and Balmung both have a lot of active RPers on them. I myself have had very little trouble finding RP on Balmung, be it random or otherwise. There are hot-spots and there are quieter places, but there's plenty of RP to be had.

I can't speak for Gilg, but I know there are a lot of people on this site who are over there! If you can't decide, you could try making a temporary char on each to see which appeals to you more. 

If you end up on Balmung, come say hi! ^.^

RE: New! - Faye - 11-11-2014

Hello there, welcome to XIV! Big Grin It's really up to you. Balmung and Gilgamesh are the two RP servers represented here. Balmung is more populated, larger, and more open. Gilgamesh is a smaller, more intimate community. Personally, I recommend Balmung, but it's whichever dynamic you prefer! If you do end up on Balmung, say hello sometime!

RE: New! - Lan Darklyn - 11-12-2014

(11-11-2014, 10:45 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to XIV! Big Grin It's really up to you. Balmung and Gilgamesh are the two RP servers represented here. Balmung is more populated, larger, and more open. Gilgamesh is a smaller, more intimate community. Personally, I recommend Balmung, but it's whichever dynamic you prefer! If you do end up on Balmung, say hello sometime!

Gonna go with Faye on the recommendation for Balmung. The community on it is wonderful and you will see a lot of stuff within small circles as well as between various groups. If you set up on Balmung stop on by the Harbingers of Dawn tavern nights every Thursday night. Welcome to the game!

RE: New! - Dreamtyde - 11-12-2014

Sound advice...I'll be peeking into the servers today to see which I like best. Might actually take a while to figure out, since I need to see the server at different times because my work days change all the time. But it sounds like a fun challenge!

RE: New! - Maril - 11-13-2014

Welcome aboard Smile

RE: New! - Farrlona - 11-13-2014

*waves* Greeting, I'm a new RPer that wanders around on Balmung if you encounter me.

RE: New! - Dreamtyde - 11-14-2014

Character restrictions are awful...thank goodness the weekend is here. Going to try before work and again super early in the morning.