Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of The Matron - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Celebration of The Matron (/showthread.php?tid=8917)

Pages: 1 2 3

Celebration of The Matron - Jancis - 11-10-2014

In Celebration of the Matron

One and all is invited to come give thanks and hear inspirational words in regards to Nophica.

Nophica, tender of soils and harvests and goddess of abundance, commands the element of earth and is tied to the Sixth Astral Moon (eleventh month). She is depicted as a jubilant farmer holding a steel scythe, and her symbol is the spring leaf. Nophica is also the patron of Gridania

The Hymn of Nophica
Sun's sweet smile and wind's cool breath,
Both of these I send thee,
To ripe thy fruit and spread thy seed,
And nourish those that tend thee.

[Image: Od1rCY3.png]

Event starts in Old Gridania (7,10). at Nophica's Altar, leading to Stillglade Fane on Saturday, November 22nd at 4:00PM Eastern EST (-5UTC).

Low level people outside of Gridania (15 and lower) will need to advise beforehand if they need passage to the venue.

There is no dress code for this event; participants are encouraged to come in comfortable walking clothes and shoes. Pilgrims are also encouraged to know the Harvest Dance (14+). Quest details below.
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Saw_That_One_Coming

For Pilgrims:
  • During the performance, pilgrims are asked to be silent in the public channels. Emotes with /em, /say, and /yell are asked to be held off until the main performance is over.
  • Animation and sound emotes are welcomed! Please just turn the text off on them during the performance.
  • In lieu of reacting in /em and /say, pilgrims are encouraged to form parties with their friends and groups to react to each other in /p - that should help with the text bloat and keep the reactions more personal and immersed with the main people pilgrims want to interact with.
  • Anyone willing to host a "during performance" party for those who come on their own please contact me so I can find you at the event start and get people together to interact and meet. If a group of friends has room in their party and wouldn't mind hosting a new addition, that would be wonderful too. We'll sort it out at the start of the event.
  • After the performance, everyone is welcome to use /em and /say and can change parties as wanted.

[Image: bXx0ssD.jpg]
[Image: RLr0z1h.png]

Music and stories from some special guest speakers and bards will highlight the evening. After the presentation, everyone is encouraged to mingle, give prayers and thoughts, or partake in the smaller congregations. Blessings will be given for abundance to pilgrims.

Entire main event is planned to last a hour with hosts staying around afterwards for free-form role play.

[Image: Pw9zt8I.jpg]

~While this is a pilgrimage in celebration of one of the Twelve, really would like to express the theme and environment of this event is to come together and have an inspiration evening for each other and on reflection. This night will not have strong overtones of worship and ceremony.~

[Image: Rf0Uf1n.png]

Speakers and Bards:

Xenedra
Ciel
Ojune
Telluride
Leanne
Chuta
Eva

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Antain - 11-10-2014

Aww, I'm going to miss the whole thing T_T My work schedule got messed up and I start work when the event starts. Won't be home until midnight EST either...

*flails* Fuck...

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Jancis - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 02:08 AM)Vaughn Wrote: Aww, I'm going to miss the whole thing T_T My work schedule got messed up and I start work when the event starts. Won't be home until midnight EST either...

*flails* Fuck...

Cry Le Weep! I know! Forgive me! It was a tough decision to make.

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Coatleque - 11-10-2014

10/10, would harvest dance.

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Warren Castille - 11-10-2014

As always, I know a guy who might want to spin a yarn or two if you've got the room for him. Seems booked already!

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Ilwe'ran - 11-10-2014

Thanks for making this event early so EU can also participate @_@ !

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Dogberry - 11-10-2014

This sounds like the kind of thing Iskierka would be very interested in.

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Nebbs - 11-10-2014

And I have my nice green hedge witch outfit done. Oooh!

RE: Celebration of The Matron - DoomsdayClock - 11-10-2014

I'm sure this will be as wonderful as your last event!
On a sadder note, to early in the day for my to make it as well with work and all. Holiday retail time x.x;
I will be there in spirit!

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Jancis - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 10:45 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: As always, I know a guy who might want to spin a yarn or two if you've got the room for him. Seems booked already!
I am so sorry I let that slip! Yes the jovial and light-hearted story teller is back on the bill! Laugh

(11-10-2014, 11:18 AM)Ilwe Wrote: Thanks for making this event early so EU can also participate @_@ !
After how long you stayed up for the last one?! Unbelievable! I was beyond honored Blush 

(11-10-2014, 11:25 AM)Nebbs Wrote: And I have my nice green hedge witch outfit done. Oooh!
Eeee! Laugh Green and brown is the way to be!

(11-10-2014, 02:25 PM)Iron Sea Wrote: I'm sure this will be as wonderful as your last event!
On a sadder note, to early in the day for my to make it as well with work and all. Holiday retail time x.x;
I will be there in spirit!

You are so kind. I will do my best to break out with pictures and stories of everyone there like I did with Nald'thal (even if it took weeks to do) so hopefully that'll make up for the sacrifice.

Also if anyone is interested still have room for dancers, guards, bless-givers and prayer-leaders for after the performance.

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Eva - 11-10-2014

If you would like I can put on my priestess hat and give a [probably brief] prayer service and blessing.  Nophica holds a particularly dear place in Eva's heart and I'm very much looking forward to this.  Moogle

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Adrian - 11-10-2014

I'd always be more than happy to help you, Jancis! C: I loved the last event so I super look forward to this one.

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Ilwe'ran - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 02:42 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 11:18 AM)Ilwe Wrote: Thanks for making this event early so EU can also participate @_@ !
After how long you stayed up for the last one?! Unbelievable! I was beyond honored Blush 

Yes it was.. 5AM for me when I left.. Something like that.. I slept up to 2PM the next day, I was completly tired.. But.. STORIES !

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Menelwen - 11-11-2014

Oh, this looks quite entertaining. Consider it marked on my calender. Big Grin

RE: Celebration of The Matron - Jancis - 11-11-2014

(11-10-2014, 06:55 PM)Dhemgeim Wrote: I'd always be more than happy to help you, Jancis! C: I loved the last event so I super look forward to this one.
YES! I keep forgetting to ask when I come online. Blush I get distracted I have my "to-do" list then it's all "Hello" and then "Oo, something shiny..." and then hours past and I doze off. Sleepy

(11-10-2014, 09:49 PM)Ilwe Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 02:42 PM)Jancis Wrote:

Yes it was.. 5AM for me when I left.. Something like that.. I slept up to 2PM the next day, I was completly tired.. But.. STORIES !
5AM! Dazed I don't know anyone who does that... certainly not me... the past weekend... because... okay I understand Blush.

At one point I thought you went off to bed, but then you were so kind and asked if the event was still going on.

(11-11-2014, 07:01 AM)Menelwen Wrote: Oh, this looks quite entertaining. Consider it marked on my calender. Big Grin
LaughLaugh Thank you!

I'm very excited to have it in Gridania this time around. I know my main goal is to travel around outside of the cities and do some open world role play, but the spot picked out is too peaceful and nice a venue to pass up.