Hydaelyn Role-Players
Plays - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Plays (/showthread.php?tid=8916)

Pages: 1 2

Plays - PkThunda - 11-09-2014

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating/partaking in plays of various nature?

I have a passing knowledge of Greek plays and Noh theater, and am interested in creating more role-play events that help contribute to the cultures of the various city states.

I would assume that the plays would need to be written by scratch, kept short, and would require a lot of costumes/masks/emotes.

Would anyone be interested in collaborating, participating, or at the very least watching these sort of things?
If so, I would be happy to make one as an example for others to follow~!

RE: Plays - Telluride - 11-09-2014

Um...

10 Print "yes"
20 Goto 10

Translation - count me in, big time!

I believe Lansquenet does this from time to time; I missed their last show, though. Some collaboration might be great.

Also, it might not be as hard as you imagine. There are massive numbers of English-language, short one-act plays that could be adapted to the setting with minimal rewrites, in addition to the Greek/Japanese styles.

RE: Plays - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-09-2014

These sound interesting. If I'm not engaged in anything else, I'd love to come watch.

and for another programming joke.

while(true){
System.out.Print("yes");
}

RE: Plays - Oscare - 11-09-2014

This certainly sounds like a fun idea. I'd so totally watch.

RE: Plays - Lillini - 11-10-2014

I'd love to be in a play if the plot interested me. Smile But I would still come to watch otherwise!

RE: Plays - Xenedra - 11-10-2014

Totally up for helping with a being in plays. The basement of my recently purchased house maaay or may not be set up for precisely that purpose :3

RE: Plays - Blue - 11-10-2014

Great timing to see a poll like this! MY RP FC is putting up a play event as well!

We'll definitely need help as so far there is just the three of us, so once the script is finished, prepare to see a thread about it with requests of recruitment and all!

RE: Plays - Parvacake - 11-10-2014

Sounds like a lot of fun! Big Grin

RE: Plays - UltraFennec - 11-10-2014

Do theatre in real life AND in game? SURE, why not! I can totally use more lines to memorize. 

XD

Or will...once I'm finally on Balmung. >.> And not spending every waking moment leveling.

RE: Plays - Madda - 11-10-2014

Madda would watch a play, yessum!

Maybe Madda could even have Madda's characters play a person in there.

RE: Plays - Nebbs - 11-10-2014

Forsooth! I am mightly interested.

And is it just the play or do you plan to reherse and do sets and costuming IC? I know a tailor who loves to make costumes for the stage (Ilwe'ran)

I may be totally off track but in the sidelines..

We can't go on as there are imps on the stage!
We must have Garuda's bow, it is the perfect prop!
No no no that's the wrong blue..the other blue!
We need to find the rest of the unfinished play, which I am sure was finished.
It's a ghost story, so obviously we need to perform it to ghosts?

RE: Plays - PkThunda - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 03:41 AM)Nebbs Wrote: And is it just the play or do you plan to reherse and do sets and costuming IC? I know a tailor who loves to make costumes for the stage (Ilwe'ran)

Absolutely!

I would probably write up the play in google docs- with positioning and lines detailed out, as well as the overall feel of the performance, but IC rehearsals and costuming would be fun to work with!

RE: Plays - Verad - 11-10-2014

What's that? A location at which I can sell crap? Done.

RE: Plays - ArmachiA - 11-10-2014

I'd love to perform in a play :3

My FC has a big ass mansion that can be used as a venue as well.

RE: Plays - PkThunda - 11-10-2014

This is very encouraging!

I'll plan a play of my own and post an 'audition' once it's ready- and anyone who already has plays in mind, look! People willing to be in them! Gather them up and hoard them like nuts.